Sign in to follow this  
Serif The Sheriff

Night Elf fix/expertise

Decided to just make a post about this to see if it helps anything get done instead of just talking about it to you guys on the server. Night Elf is my favorite race and I play it all the time (passed level 160) and I have always thought it was dumb that the trueshot skill doesn't work for the race. Seeing as how it is one of the 4 main starter races I think every skill should be in working order and it's dumb that people think it would be too OP if all 4 of it's skills work, it's a starter race for gods sake. If the race is too strong with the trueshot on it then tone down thorns, I would rather have a worse thorns + trueshot than no trueshot at all. Another idea would be to add trueshot as an expertise if that would be more fair, and if it's an expertise then it would be fine if it wasn't as strong as it would have normally been since it's just an expertise, however, if that is something that would be done then I would also request that the original expertise (trueshot ignoring armor and evasion) be added as a second expertise similar to how Orc is right now. I know there are a few others on the server who love the race and would like something done about this so I hope you would at least take it into consideration and get back to me on whether or not anything is going to be done. I don't care if it's something that will have to wait a few weeks or longer, as long as it is something that will be eventually worked on.

I had reported it in the war3bug before. The only reason it was getting on my nerves was that everyone kept saying trueshot was purposely turned off because NE was too overpowered and it was never going to get a fix. I wasn't ever mad that the race was broke, I was just a little frustrated about constantly being told it was never getting a fix because it was way too OP. So sorry if I came off like I was mad lol

I tested Trueshot with either Blindboi or Rootbeer and I'm like 95% sure it worked, it just did extra damage included into the gun damage and even boosted Claws to +7.

do we really need to buff night elf with this fix?

This is is how night elf has always been. It's not a fix but a restoration of the original idea. Night Elf being a good race before the fact that trueshot was broken doesn't change the fact that the server had a broken race with a non-working skill.

It must've been with Blindboi cause you don't talk to me anymore =[

nah this was months ago, when I was on my testing spree. Like in october or something. Pretty sure it was blindboi though.

Yeah I also remembered it was working (as an aura, originally it was only just on night elf; so yeah in conclusion it works for the people around you too) when I tested it with knifemaster after I coded it (cuz the original night elf was broken, so I recoded it entirely). It is fairly likely that an update later on broke the trueshot aura, but Thorgot claims it's fixed now and Thorgot is an AI capable of all things programmable so it should be fixed.