Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Epicsauce

CS:GO Lag Problems; Need Help

Hey guys so I've been having this really bad lag on CS:GO lately and I have no idea why - I reduced all the settings to minimum graphics and it did not help at all. At times the lag spikes can be so bad that I cannot do anything for a good 10 seconds and this deters my gaming on CS:GO. Its weird because I've noticed the same thing happening on TF2 in regards to lagging, recently it has become a problem and deters me from playing as much as I would like (both games). I would appreciate any suggestions or solutions to the problem as I can play games such as Dead Space 3 and Battlefield 3 with no problem but cannot run these two games which are inferior graphics-wise, it just doesn't make sense. I've noticed that I have been lagging fairly more on Minecraft as well after I did a complete system restore but could this actually be the problem? I have a great internet speed and I do not believe that is the problem:

3214329726.png

Laptop Specifications

AMD Phenom II X4 N930

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

6 GB DDR3 Memory

500 GB HDD

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Volvo can't get their cpu usage right. Try downloading a program like "Core Temp" and see if your processor is hitting high temperatures while playing. If it is, then likely it's being throttled and that's when the lag spikes occur, after the processor cools down moments later it speeds back up again and you'll notice another lag spike... this occurs continuously which might be causing your lagging

is it FPS lag or like lag in the way you move forward and back in-game

I assume its FPS lag and what do you mean by the way you move forward and back in-game?

It occurs randomly and spikes at certain times; I cannot move at all at times due to the severity of the lag.

EDIT - I've been checking the temperature and while in game it can be around 80 degrees and while I do game my laptop does get warm - but I am using a cooling pad for it. Could this really be the problem?

the thing with the memory leak is if you delete the files for those god damn fucking snowflakes you clear the issue

\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\resource\flash thres a file called background.swf remove pls

There's a console command that let's you disable the seasos greetings thing. That fixed it for a lot of people. I believe the command is

cl_freezecameffects_showholiday 0

I assume its FPS lag and what do you mean by the way you move forward and back in-game?

It occurs randomly and spikes at certain times; I cannot move at all at times due to the severity of the lag.

EDIT - I've been checking the temperature and while in game it can be around 80 degrees and while I do game my laptop does get warm - but I am using a cooling pad for it. Could this really be the problem?

Are you using WiFi or Ethernet?

And is your cpu fan able to breathe? Try putting a book under it.

I have the sane issue and specks. Glad I'm not the only one. I'll be lurking and try some of this to see what works. I'll post results. I thought it was HLDJ. But I'm gonna blow the dust out and see if that helps

Try adding -processheap to your CSGO launch options. You'll probably crash more but if you are getting more lag as you leave the game up, that helped for me.

Volvo can't get their cpu usage right. Try downloading a program like "Core Temp" and see if your processor is hitting high temperatures while playing. If it is, then likely it's being throttled and that's when the lag spikes occur, after the processor cools down moments later it speeds back up again and you'll notice another lag spike... thisopoccurs continuously which might be causing your lagging

^^^^ 

this happened to me on my laptop -- got a cooler and my problems now fixed!

edit:

Thanks for coolness for helping me out that one day :)

^^^^ 

this happened to me on my laptop -- got a cooler and my problems now fixed!

edit:

Thanks for coolness for helping me out that one day :)

2cb8d20889.png you fucker I'm the one that helped

2cb8d20889.png you fucker I'm the one that helped

HAHAHAH you did the original post, but coolness was on steam with me, sorry bud!

i didnt even realize this was from januar, fucking firefighter your a vet, shouldnt you know how to not necro :? 

rip