Sign in to follow this  
Tristan.

sG CS:GO Tournament [Jan. 2014]

The game tracker for TS has been borked the last few days.

But TS is perfectly fine.

Oh, I tried connecting once it couldn't find it, but now I can.

GOTV demos record voice by default. And I hope you're not using tv_autorecord, because the demoes from that are corrupted (hopefully the plugin is handling it?)

Can we have a veto function so that it's not all people training to play on rarely played competitive maps against teams that aren't at all prepared for them?

Edited by Dyscivist

Can we have a veto function so that it's not all people training to play on rarely played competitive maps against teams that aren't at all prepared for them?

No. There is like two maps, at most, that people don't play often. They were also in the last tournament so you should be fine.

Edited by Tristan.

No. There is like two maps, at most, that people don't play often. They were also in the last tournament so you should be fine.

Except it isn't fine at all because teams get a huge strategic advantage for picking something like mill that no one even has access to through the CS:GO matchmaking system, to the point at which the chance for a team that doesn't know the map to win against a team that does is infinitesimal. It's stupid that it's even on the list, as I'm sure most of the players in the tourney don't have ESEA, and it's just going to be abused without a veto system to make really shitty games for the people that don't know it.

Except it isn't fine at all because teams get a huge strategic advantage for picking something like mill that no one even has access to through the CS:GO matchmaking system, to the point at which the chance for a team that doesn't know the map to win against a team that does is infinitesimal. It's stupid that it's even on the list, as I'm sure most of the players in the tourney don't have ESEA, and it's just going to be abused without a veto system to make really shitty games for the people that don't know it.

QFT

We should just remove Mill? I don't see why it needs to be on there anyway. >.<

/>

You could play altPUG which has these maps and presumably the same server settings (128 tick, 1:45 round timer, 35 second bomb timer) and you don't have to pay for it.

The purpose of adding those maps is for variety rather than have the same maps over and over again. Last tournament had a wider variety, but it's been narrowed down to ones people probably know the best (cache is a bravo(?) map currently & mill is played often on servers and our own war3 server).

Would like to see cobble as a map if possible.

The purpose of adding those maps is for variety rather than have the same maps over and over again. Last tournament had a wider variety, but it's been narrowed down to ones people probably know the best (cache is a bravo(?) map currently & mill is played often on servers and our own war3 server).

dII only

You could play altPUG which has these maps and presumably the same server settings (128 tick, 1:45 round timer, 35 second bomb timer) and you don't have to pay for it.

I could. Doesn't change the fact that I haven't and very few people have.

What if you don't play War3?

/>

What if you don't play War3?

I'm just answering the question as to why a map "nobody knows" is added. People who knew it from :S and War3 are familiar with it, so it's not a completely foreign map we added for no reason but on a whim.

Updated information on when players can be subbed in.

(Requests from Shadow and others to change this)

Players on your roster can by cycled in throughout play if someone is unable to play. However, that player's money will not be set to match the previously lost player's. The opposing team does not have to wait for you to sub someone in unless it is at halftime. (Don't take more than 5 minutes to sub someone in at halftime.)

Edited by Tristan.

How do we keep track of if the subs are actually people on the roster? Or even the people playing. Who will be checking steam ids? I know last year someone faked being someone else by changing their name to someone on the roster. A sub subbing in at anytime or on the fly seems like it could cause problems as the other team doesn't have time to check if that's the real player. Halftime is logical because there's no rush.

Well at least a pause would suffice for each sub and ask if the other team is good with it. Making the other team check while the game is going on seems stupid to me.

Sign in to follow this