Sign in to follow this  
Bob Ross Zombie

2 suggestions

From what I see the 2 things that really hurts the servers is

1). Drawn out rounds where more then half the T's are already dead and have to wait for 10 minutes just for the round to finish up

2). Rebellers who hide and draw out the wait for someone to get LR.

My suggestions to end this would be make the round time limit 10 Minutes and being able to command "First out will bloodhound for LR".

What do you guys think?

You prolly weren't around for the hour-long rounds.....

I was that wasn't that long ago old man

Are you suggesting that bloodhounding should be an order that must be followed?

Yes, only when ordered.

To avoid these types of scenarios, I always beacon everyone to avoid drawn out rounds after the 15 minute mark with a warning that i'm going to beacon everyone. Seems to work fairly well. 

/>

To avoid these types of scenarios, I always beacon everyone to avoid drawn out rounds after the 15 minute mark with a warning that i'm going to beacon everyone. Seems to work fairly well.

This would work, if the admins weren't busy in Comp

10 minute rounds seem fine to me. Makes the gameplay quicker as well.

The downside to jailbreak as a whole is that it takes forever to just play the game. If you're alive you want to milk every moment of it. If you know that the round will end soon, you might want to make riskier moves as a terrorist. Could be more fun for them.

Having said that, I rarely see a round go over 10 mins of play.

I can do 10 minutes and it still gives a copious amount of time for the wardens to do fun shit too.

Edited by Travesty

WOW TRIV.

Anyways we should do what leoben does and have an automatic map killer after like 7 minutes or so.

Makes cts try to hurry up the round

The only thing I could see that is troubling about any of this is that it has become more difficult to rebel in a reasonable amount of time. I haven't been able to do anything about it but there are various cts that barely make it out of the cell area after 3 minutes when everyone else has already gone to a game of some sort. And then they backpedal and continue to check cell area or watch areas that they know rebellers come from. Zoomed in with an awp watching the entrance to pool on Obama while the Ts are playing jump rope sort of thing.

I'm usually pretty risky as a T and I've still had to wait for an extra minute or two or even longer to give myself the best chance for success.

IMO this should be dealt with.

/>

The only thing I could see that is troubling about any of this is that it has become more difficult to rebel in a reasonable amount of time. I haven't been able to do anything about it but there are various cts that barely make it out of the cell area after 3 minutes when everyone else has already gone to a game of some sort. And then they backpedal and continue to check cell area or watch areas that they know rebellers come from. Zoomed in with an awp watching the entrance to pool on Obama while the Ts are playing jump rope sort of thing.

I'm usually pretty risky as a T and I've still had to wait for an extra minute or two or even longer to give myself the best chance for success.

IMO this should be dealt with.

Yeah it is extremely disappointing to pop out and make for armory when you know the Ts are far away only to get AWP'd by a CT "doing a cell check." Usually to try and mitigate this I warn the CTs to stay with team and after repeat offenses I slay/restrict. But as for the topic at hand I think beaconing is just fine. That almost always roots out the Ts camping in some corner of the map afraid to die.