Sign in to follow this  
bink

Title System

Okay so I had an idea to use the title system that we see in a lot of MMORPGS. For those who don't know it's like an achievement for doing something, say for example killing x amounts of undead type races will give you x% in dmg vs undead. I was thinking something along the lines of a few stock or visible titles where it just tells you what you need to achieve it (minor stat bonus) and having hidden titles, like expertise (decent to good stat bonus). Players can only use one title at a time. In order to change titles there will be a command such as changetitle. Current title in use will be shown in playerinfo. Thorgot seemed to like the idea so I'm requesting people to put down some ideas/suggestions for titles. 

Edited by bink

Knifemaster - Get 3 knife kills in a single round. (Move 5% faster on all knife races.)

Life On The Edge - Survive a round at 1hp. (Gain an extra $300 per kill if you have less than 30hp. Not on lurker.)

Ninja - Defuse a bomb with at least 5 enemies alive. (Always spawn with a defusal kit and a smoke grenade.)

cool idea.

Killing Machine - Kill 10 enemies in one round (gain +2 dmg on all attacks)

Lone Ranger - Kill 5 enemies as the last player alive and win the round (+25 hp for every kill earned - does not increase max HP)

Jack of All Trades - Earn at least 1 kill with a knife, a grenade (any), a taser, a pistol, a shotgun, a submachine gun, a rifle, a sniper rifle, and a heavy machine gun during one match (at round start, a random primary weapon drops in front of you; effective after first 2 rounds).

Silent Assassin - Earn 25 kills in one match with the M4a1-S and/or USP-S (gain +20 ammo in your primary clip of M4a1-S and +36 in the reserve clips of USP-S).

Bunny Hopper - Jump 5000 times in one match (gain 10% levitation).

Blood God - Deal over 1500 damage in one round and donate the blood to the blood gods (another player must kill you) (gain +5% lifesteal - stacks with other lifesteal).

Legally Blind - Blind 10 enemies at once (spawn with 2 flashbangs always).

Safety Expert - Die at least once from a grenade, fall damage, world damage (e.g. bomb explosion), a taser, and a knife in one match (gain +125 armor on spawn).

--

That's all I got for now. I'll come up with some more later.

Edited by Vexium

Bored, I'll give this a try.

Light as a feather - Kill 5 enemies in one match while your health is below 50% from fall damage - Collective, not killstreak - 25-50% less fall damage

I don't even care how but I would love less fall damage, maining Kirin Tor is way better when you have less fall damage.

cool idea.

Killing Machine - Kill 10 enemies in one round (gain +2 dmg on all attacks)

Lone Ranger - Kill 5 enemies as the last player alive and win the round (+25 hp for every kill earned - does not increase max HP)

Jack of All Trades - Earn at least 1 kill with a knife, a grenade (any), a taser, a pistol, a shotgun, a submachine gun, a rifle, a sniper rifle, and a heavy machine gun during one match (at round start, a random primary weapon drops in front of you; effective after first 2 rounds).

Silent Assassin - Earn 25 kills in one match with the M4a1-S and/or USP-S (gain +20 ammo in your primary clip of M4a1-S and +36 in the reserve clips of USP-S).

Bunny Hopper - Jump 5000 times in one match (gain 10% levitation).

Blood God - Deal over 2500 damage in one round and donate the blood to the blood gods (another player must kill you) (gain +5% lifesteal - stacks with other lifesteal).

Legally Blind - Blind 10 enemies at once (spawn with 2 flashbangs always).

Safety Expert - Die at least once from a grenade, fall damage, world damage (e.g. bomb explosion), a taser, and a knife in one match (gain +125 armor on spawn).

--

That's all I got for now. I'll come up with some more later

Please reconsider how fucking insane you are vex for thinking some of these are attainable.

*can be adjusted for balance

Cr0wned -- Unlock: Kill an enemy Infected with exactly 1 headshot, with no other source of damage to that enemy.  Powerup: Deal 100%* more damage to enemy Infected players.

Based Knifer -- Unlock: Kill 10* enemy knife race players with a knife while not being a knife race yourself. Powerup: Deal 10%* more damage to enemy knife races.

Miser -- Unlock: Play an entire match (20 rounds) without buying a single item, either from the buymenu ( B ) or shopmenu. Powerup: Gain $2000* at the start of every round.

Donator -- Unlock: Use !transfer for a total of $1,000,000* donated cash. Powerup: !transfer refunds you half the amount of money you give away. You can only !transfer once per round with this title on.

Healer -- Unlock: Heal teammates for a total of 10,000* health restored. Powerup: Everytime you heal a teammate, one random other teammate is also healed for 100%* of that heal. The other teammate cannot be you or the teammate you heal. ///This heal is capped at the same cap the heal is, i.e. cannot heal over 125 or 150 health to prevent teams from having 10 players with 300 health each.///

Tactician -- Unlock: Toss 100* smoke grenades. Powerup: Gain a free smoke grenade every round. Smoke grenades release 50%* more smoke for a larger area concealed. /// I don't care if people buy smokes and toss them at spawn/out of the map, at least this might get people to actually buy them and mabey use them. Smokes OP.///

Master of My Domain -- Unlock: Obtain maximum levels on every race. Powerup: Gain the effects of a random ability from another race every round. If the gained ability is a +ability or ultimate, use +ability2. ///Requires the binding of another key, bind key +ability2. +ability2 should work for both an ability or an ultimate gained (we shouldn't need +ultimate2)///

Forget Me Not -- Unlock: Kill 100* enemies with an ultimate. Powerup: Reduce to cooldown of your current race's ultimate by 20%*.

Aptitude -- Unlock: Use 1000* ultimates. Powerup: Reduce the cooldown of your current ultimate by 1* second every time you deal damage to an enemy.

Aptitude 2  (do we want this?) -- Unlock: Use 10000* ultimates. Powerup: [Has Aptitude's powerup as well as]* every time you kill an enemy, refresh your ultimate off cooldown. ///sounds OP but heres my suggestion for tiered titles.///

Relentless Warrior -- Unlock: Acquire 1000* headshots with a Negev. Powerup: Negevs can be Crusader Wished.

Flawless -- Unlock: Survive 100* rounds without taking any damage. Powerup: Gain 50* health.

Guardian Angel -- Unlock: Respawn 20* times within [1 match (20 rounds)]*. Powerup: Respawn at spawn every time you die once per round, 5* seconds after you die.

Binked -- Unlock: Acquire 1000* headshots with a shotgun. Powerup: Shotguns have have 100% accuracy [shot as if crouching still (includes spread)] even while jumping or moving.

Icy -- Unlock: Slow, by whatever means, 500* people. Slowing people already slowed does not count. Powerup: All slows slow for 10%* more. All shots also trigger a 10%* slow (total of a 20% slow with other passive), which does not stack with other slows. /// i.e. if orb of frost slows for 40%, shots won't slow for 60% (40+10+10) with this passive but 50% (40+10)///

If we like the unlock portion of one of the above titles but not the powerup, feel free to suggest a different powerup.

Edited by Rootbeer Koolaid

i'm making the hard-to-attain ones. rootbeer a bunch of yours are super OP in the powerup :P, especially considering how easy they are to unlock (just play enough)

Taskmaster - Achieve a total level score of 4000 (choose one passive ability as a permanent feature regardless of race).

Reflector - Kill an opponent at the same time they kill you (gain passive +5% chance to return damage).

Legendary - Achieve a level of 150 on at least 1 race (gain +2% magic/dmg resist, +2% dmg, +2% hp, +2% movement speed; add +2 to each for each additional race at lvl 150; caps at 5).

Persistence - Die 5 times in one round and win the round (each time you die in a round you gain a +10% chance of reviving).

Vigilance - Play 20 rounds and win 10 in one match without moving more than 5000 units during the match (if you stand still for >3 seconds, your health regenerates at +1/second).

Avatar of Fury - During a round, kill one player while at 100% of your HP, one with 60-100% of your health, one with 30-60%, one with 10-30%, and another with <10% of your health remaining (for every 20% of your HP lost, you gain +1 dmg).

Avatar of Woe - Kill 5 players with your ultimate/activated abilities in one round (abilities and ultimates that deal damage now deal +5 dmg per cast).

Avatar of Might - Have 13 teammates and yourself alive after one round (for every teammate alive, you gain +1% dmg).

Avatar of Will - Win 10 rounds in a row (for every consecutive round won, you gain +10 max HP - resets if a round is lost).

Avatar of Hope - Revive 60 teammates in one match (each time you revive a player, you gain a +25% chance during the round to revive another at the same time - can only cause 1 extra revive per revive; extra revives do not add +% chance).

Edited by Vexium

Binked -- Unlock: Acquire 1000* headshots with a shotgun. Powerup: Shotguns have have 100% accuracy [shot as if crouching still (includes spread)] even while jumping or moving.

lol

Freebie:

Newbie Adventurer: Get 100xp just for dying.

//

Completionist: Get every race to max: Get a 1-10% boost to all skills including gold/kill (when in the game) & money/kill // IF there happens to be a new race or a race gets more levels due to balancing you will lose this title until you max everything again.

Money Grubber: Go through an entire map without buying anything from buymenu/shopmenu, must get kills with a knife//able to transfer money to players: get extra money/gold(when it's in) for killing/obj

Here I go

Patient Zero - Kill up to 5,000 enemies as Infected with knife kills, no assists. (You regenerate 5 more HP.*)

Big Spender - Spend up to 1,000,000 total throughout the server, shopmenu and gun purchases count. (You gain a bonus 600$ on spawn and a free AK-47 if your T or a M4A1-S if your a CT.*)

Legal Voter - Participate in 500 votes. (You get 140 XP for voting.*)

Holy Paladin - Kill 1,000 Orcish Horde, Kill 1,000 Undead Scourge as Human Alliance. (You get 10 more HP, 4% less invis, and you get 1 second longer on bash*)

Shaman - Kill 1,000 Human Alliance, Kill 1,000 Undead Scourge as Orcish Horde. (Your crit nades does 19 more dmg  , Critical Strike does 8 more dmg , Chained Lightning has a 15 feet bigger radius.*)

Death Knight - Kill 1,000 Orcish Horde, Kill 1,000 Human Alliance as Undead Scourge. (You leech 9 more HP, you move 5% faster, and your explosion has a 8 feet bigger radius)

Feelin' Special - Be on the server 10,000 times when a admin gives cash. (You get a bonus 500$ when a admin gives cash.*)

Tags Ahoy! - Play on the server wearing the [JOINSG] tag for atleast 4 hours. (You get a bonus 8% XP.*)

I <3 Engis - Play a entire map with Thorgot or Cool. (Whenever they are on you get a bonus 5% XP.*)

Druid - Kill 1,000 Orcish Horde, Kill 1,000 Undead Scourge as Night Elves. (You evade is increased by 3%, your roots radius is increased by 10 feet, and thorns return 5% more dmg.*)

Master of Methodical - Kill 50,000 people with Methodical OR Have a level 150 Methodical. (You only lose 1-2 HP everytime you miss, and you only lose 1-3 XP everytime you miss.)

Lone Survivor - Win the last round as the last person alive. (You get a 5% dmg reduction, and you get 30 more HP.*)

* = Changeable.

Edited by Dead Sea

I'd rather off myself 10 times over than try to level methodical to 200. -and can you actually jump 5k times with the amount of time there is in 20 rounds if all you do is jump the entire time?-

bonus movespeed races for faster jumping

I'd just like to go on record saying that I think this is a terrible idea

Can you elaborate? They are going to be achievements with very minor bonuses that you can choose to have one active of at a time.

Can you elaborate? They are going to be achievements with very minor bonuses that you can choose to have one active of at a time.

Almost every suggestion in this thread isn't a "minor" bonus. Can it be balanced? Sure, but none of these are. And it'll only widen the gap between the skilled and unskilled players - skilled players will not only get these achievements faster, but they will prevent less skilled players from getting them, gaining a numerical advantage, which only furthers this problem.

They will all be minor. I was thinking 5% speed, 5 hp, that sort of thing. It's about collecting achievements and showing off your achievements, not about the powers they give.

They will all be minor. I was thinking 5% speed, 5 hp, that sort of thing. It's about collecting achievements and showing off your achievements, not about the powers they give.

I can live with that.

#trustinthorgot

Soul & Skull Hunter I-III: Get skulls/souls from 5-10-15 different enemies in a single map. --gets 1-3 more skulls/souls per kill.

Happy Camper: Get 15 kill in a single map without moving. --gets 5% invis/more invis //doesn't affect takeno or lurker.

If this or something like it is implemented, it would be cool if the persons current title is shown in chat as well when they talk (similar to the titles in the credit system on JB and ZE) <br /><br />Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

<br /><br />Also we could display their title on the war3 leaderboards

I'd just like to go on record saying that I think this is a terrible idea

I agree with this fully.

There comes a time when you are trying to change too much of the game, you'll spoil it and make it very un-attractive for new players who have never seen the concept before.

I agree with this fully.

There comes a time when you are trying to change too much of the game, you'll spoil it and make it very un-attractive for new players who have never seen the concept before.

You're the reason why the mod community in csgo dies down. I can debunk this whole "Spoil the game for the new players" thing but it will just be a long winded argument and I probably won't change your mind.

But here are the facts, the wcs mod is already changing too much of the game, if you're going to start with that "I don't like change" shit, then get out. If you told me during the time of 1.6 that we were going to be able to have gravity nades and flying player models or races that teleport you back 5 seconds in time, I would call you delusional. This isn't the case anymore. If you can't wrap your head around a fucking title system, then you have no business in wcs, not that it's even complicated to begin with.

You also don't play on the wcs server very much so let me just say that new players are actually enjoying all the shit we keep on adding, and are regulars are on every night. We are at that stage where we are no so much worried about attracting new players because the server is already pretty fucking good. It's the reason why the server is full constantly. This isn't ZE where we have to fill 40+ slots. We are maxing the wcs server almost every single night.

The title system will keep people on the server longer because it gives us shit to look forward to and goals to work for in-game. In no way does this detract from the wcs experience. 

Edited by HornyCat

You're the reason why the mod community in csgo dies down. I can debunk this whole "Spoil the game for the new players" thing but it will just be a long winded argument and I probably won't change your mind.

But here are the facts, the wcs mod is already changing too much of the game, if you're going to start with that "I don't like change" shit, then get out. If you told me during the time of 1.6 that we were going to be able to have gravity nades and flying player models or races that teleport you back 5 seconds in time, I would call you delusional. This isn't the case anymore. If you can't wrap your head around a fucking title system, then you have no business in wcs, not that it's even complicated to begin with.

You also don't play on the wcs server very much so let me just say that new players are actually enjoying all the shit we keep on adding, and are regulars are on every night. We are at that stage where we are no so much worried about attracting new players because the server is already pretty fucking good. It's the reason why the server is full constantly. This isn't ZE where we have to fill 40+ slots. We are maxing the wcs server almost every single night.

The title system will keep people on the server longer because it gives us shit to look forward to and goals to work for in-game. In no way does this detract from the wcs experience. 

Pretty much what Horny said. However if you did think like this, why do we bother adding new races, items, and other things? With your idea we'd be sitting only on the original 4 races and getting close to no population if any at all. This idea would make us different from the other warcraf server(s) and possibly even grab more population while we're at it. Another thing it does is help those who've already maxed everything and don't know what to do with themselves on the server. Currently I know several players who are delaying themselves from maxing their last couple of races for this very reason.