Sign in to follow this  
driz

Save BF4

Since the first week our server is dead and Im wondering what we can do to restore it. I know a comment made previously while it was full was our SOs lacked admin rights, i dont know if this was ever resolved. Was procon ever set up?

Should we perhaps change the server type from hardcore to something else? I know myself and most of the sG guys who play only play hardcore, but this isn't necessarily the best way to pull in new people..

Perhaps we can launch a voting thing that is advertised in the game, we can populate it ourselves so others join and non sg members can vote on what makes them want to play on a particular server. 

anyway, just wanted to open a discussion channel on how to populate and keep populated our bf server, it hurts my soul to have to play on another server when we're paying for one... or maybe our server is a lost cause?

I know for me at least the reason I'm not is because I d/c after 5 minutes of playing saying punkbuster is fucked ( which its not). So once bf4 gets its shit together I'd def play all day err day. 

We just need to set up nights were we all get on BF4 together and start the popuation.

Once a server goes dead it stays dead until someone starts to populate it for the sole purpose of poulating it.

No one wants to join a server with 3 people in it but if a server has 10+ in it they might.

I mean, i'm not trying to be rude but it's not rocket science. It has nothing to do with admin rights, it's exactly what Renegade said.

We just need to set up nights were we all get on BF4 together and start the popuation.

Once a server goes dead it stays dead until someone starts to populate it for the sole purpose of poulating it.

No one wants to join a server with 3 people in it but if a server has 10+ in it they might.

We don't have a constant playerbase on it. All we really need to do is populate it for a good week or two and it should sustain itself.

Edited by Oreo

i would play on a daily but im not a huge fan of parkcore, but i had a server up with air superiority it was filled cause the tickets were like 400 instead of 100, maybe change the game mode? and no i do not have the server up anymore

Edited by akarhi

i would play on a daily but im not a huge fan of parkcore, but i had a server up with air superiority it was filled cause the tickets were like 400 instead of 100, maybe change the game mode? and no i do not have the server up anymore

Are our tickets not set to like 500+? That would definitely be a factor.

Are our tickets not set to like 500+? That would definitely be a factor.

Nah ticket count is fine. You were right to say that it's what Renegade pointed out that's the problem.

EDIT: I did try Thursday and Friday to get people in Teamspeak so we could populate it, nobody came either day. Everyone was playing in different servers.

Edited by Drake

Also we need to change the name, the amount of people we get is related to the appeal to eye eye that our server gives off. If you notice a majority of constantly full servers have the game mode INFRONT of the clan name or have the abbreviation of the name infront of it. People don't want to have to skin 2 inches over to what the game mode is since most people are just a "skim and click join" type of person. Also making the game mode in ALL CAPS will help the server out somewhat too. Something like: OFFICIAL CONQUEST HARDCORE 24/7 [ALL MAPS] - joinsg.net

or something of that sort, we NEED to make it appealing to the eye though. "Syndicate Gamers 24/7 Hardcore Conquest" isn't very appealing. you need to grab the attention of the player base

so is the consensus that we 

1) need to change the name

2) populate the server every so often to get others to join

if that's it, i think 2 should be manageable, but who right now can accomplish 1?

if that's it, i think 2 should be manageable, but who right now can accomplish 1?

All we really need is 5-8 sG members to come to the server. The population will go up eventually in about an hour or so if those initial members stay in the server

I think Marvin and Jason have that ability

This is think-tank style shit right here, but hear me out.

I know that populating servers is hard, and I know we have server officers dedicated to it. However, those SO's won't just magically make the place have people.

What I'm suggesting is that we open up some sort of rewards system - Let's say we set a date to populate the server on Saturday, and you'll get... 5 points if you stay on it for a couple of hours and get the population going. 

Because right now, many people have more fun things to do than sit around on an almost-empty server waiting for people to join.

No clue what these rewards could entail, maybe cool gizmos on the forums, credits on CS:GO servers, EXP on surf, something. Because right now it's tried and true that off-games are ridiculously hard to populate (TTT, BF4, ETC)

Again, this is just think-tanking. Never said it's a good idea, never said it's bad. Interested in what y'all think.

Have a mix up gamemode like Hardcore CQ, obliteration, and rush. People like having mix up instead of playing the same thing and rage about it

Join Teamspeak if you really think we should be populating our server, Garchomp and I are in here waiting. We're trying to get at least three/four more people so we are able to populate it.

try "24/7 HC Conquest/obliteration 1600 tickets/instant vechial respawn sG" people are wanting that juicy tickets/kills

Sign in to follow this