Sign in to follow this  
Jewinator 5000

Hey sG

So if a condom is 99% effective, meaning that 99 times out of 100 you will not get him/her pregnant, does that mean that if you have sex 100 times statistically speaking you will get her pregnant?

This is really bothering me and I would appreciate your guys' input. 

So then if you have sex 1000 times does that mean you're going to get her pregnant? 

Yes

It will specifically be on the 1000th time you have sex with a condom as well

Edited by Drake

wow sG I thought u'd be mature about this guess I was wrong -_-'

lol faggot.

Also I believe this would be close to the gambler's fallacy no? The more times you do something the higher chance of "winning" is. But it doesn't work like that. If it's a dice game each roll is it's own independent of the last roll. So .1% chance each time. 

Edited by Wintergreen

So then if you have sex 1000 times does that mean you're going to get her pregnant? 

The 99.9% is just there to cover the condom companies if someone was to ever get pregnant whilst wearing their product.

They can't then sue the company because there was that .1% chance of the condom failing.

Meow

The 99.9% is just there to cover the condom companies if someone was to ever get pregnant whilst wearing their product.

They can't then sue the company because there was that .1% chance of the condom failing.

They should just make you sign something.

Edited by MadLlama

"Excuse me i'd like to buy these magnums"

"Oh sure thing! Just sign this document saying that you wont throw unwanted babies at us in return for money."

For some reason, your post reminds me of that one commercial in GTA IV "babies overnight".