Sign in to follow this  
DrKhanMD

Picking up my first Super Sport bike

Looking at picking up my first real sportbike this weekend as an early christmas gift to myself. Pretty sure I'll be getting a 2008 CBR 600RR 13k miles for 5.5k.

uAQMmO7.jpg

And here is my other bike that I'll probably sell once I get this one

iU9wDFf.jpg

Enjoy killing yourself or instilling a permanent fear of motorcycle by making that huge of a jump.

I've been riding street motorcycles for about three years now, and dirt bikes since about age 16. I've ridden more than a few sport 600's before, and even a couple litre bikes. Thank you for your vote of confidence, but I think I'll be fine.

Also a 600RR is in fact a super sport...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CBR600RR

Literally the second sentence of the entry.

Edited by DrKhanMD

I've been riding street motorcycles for about three years now, and dirt bikes since about age 16. I've ridden more than a few sport 600's before, and even a couple litre bikes. Thank you for your vote of confidence, but I think I'll be fine.

Lol. As if the soccer mom on her phone while you pull up into the blindspot of her Chevy Suburban at 70mph just before she turns you into creamed corn gives a flying fuck how many crotch rockets have rattled your dick over the years.

Lol. As if the soccer mom on her phone while you pull up into the blindspot of her Chevy Suburban at 70mph just before she turns you into creamed corn gives a flying fuck how many crotch rockets have rattled your dick over the years.

I was responding to what he said about the power involved with a super sport bike. As for riding a motorcycle, I accept the risks involved because it is something I love to do. No need to be a dick about it.

@water

ur dum the 600rr is a supersport. 

@gt 

ur dum atleast he didnt hop on a supersport as his first bike. a responsible rider knows how to avoid being a statistic. 

@illogical

im here. fgt

@DrKahn

Nice bike man. I plan on moving to an R6 or a Speed Triple once I have the funds. Still a few years out but none the less. Keep in mind, a 600cc single cylinder is completely different than a 600cc 4 cylinder fuel injected supersport bike. You're literally going to have more than double the horsepower. 

@water

ur dum the 600rr is a supersport. 

@gt 

ur dum atleast he didnt hop on a supersport as his first bike. a responsible rider knows how to avoid being a statistic. 

@illogical

im here. fgt

@DrKahn

Nice bike man. I plan on moving to an R6 or a Speed Triple once I have the funds. Still a few years out but none the less. Keep in mind, a 600cc single cylinder is completely different than a 600cc 4 cylinder fuel injected supersport bike. You're literally going to have more than double the horsepower. 

Haha god I've missed you!

@gt 

Yeah, I think you missed the entire point of that post. Being a responsible rider has nothing to do with it.

Yeah, I think you missed the entire point of that post. Being a responsible rider has nothing to do with it.

You shouldn't leave your house, let alone your room, because it's a big scary place out there, and there are things outside your control!

So I wound up picking the bike up today cause I figured it had to be lucky to pick a super sport up on Friday the 13th. The thing is horrendously fast, and I have yet to even get it above third gear, since it can take you to like 100 in second.

It has everything to do with it. A responsible rider can point out these hazards before they can become a hazard. Just because someone rides a motocycle, doesn't mean they are doomed to die. Especially if they are on a crotch rocket. You're just being ignorant.

It has everything to do with it. A responsible rider can point out these hazards before they can become a hazard. Just because someone rides a motocycle, doesn't mean they are doomed to die. Especially if they are on a crotch rocket. You're just being ignorant.

Again, you're completely ignoring the fact that being a smart, cautious, and vigilant motorcycle rider (which, let's be honest, accounts for probably only includes like a tenth of all bikers) doesn't protect you from the errors of all the other drivers out there. And in the case where those errors cause an incedent, which is rather likely, simple physics says the motorcycle doesn't stand a chance against a four or more wheeled vehicle.

Again, you're completely ignoring the fact that being a smart, cautious, and vigilant motorcycle rider (which, let's be honest, accounts for probably only includes like a tenth of all bikers) doesn't protect you from the errors of all the other drivers out there. And in the case where those errors cause an incedent, which is rather likely, simple physics says the motorcycle doesn't stand a chance against a four or more wheeled vehicle.

Yes, the risk of accident is in fact higher than that of a car, but being an attentive rider can mitigate a lot of that by not putting yourself into situations where say, "the mom in the suburban cuts you off" because you never put yourself in her blind spot to begin with. There are plenty of dangerous activities that people engage in on a regular basis. You yourself don't have to engage in the activity, and can say that it is too dangerous, but that is your personal decision. Just because YOU decide not to ride, doesn't mean you need to shit on everybody else that chooses too.

Edited by DrKhanMD

Wouldn't be such a thrill if you were to worry about all of that to a point where you don't enjoy the risk.

Isn't that the point in a super bike?