Sign in to follow this  
turbulance

Buying Levels

Ok so I got alot of hate at the idea but I wanted to make a thread anyways. I noticed SG lets you buy admin on several servers lets you buy gear and items for TTT and other "items" for their serves but when I asked around for why we can't buy levels for the wcs server it was like I asked the fathomable. I have a full time job like most of us do and I find it harder and harder to put in game time to get to those higher levels so I was wanting to buy some. Just a something I was interested in doing, thanks for your time.

A lot of the best races in the game are early level, so it's not like it could be considered pay to win. A big part of unlocking those high level races though is showing your dedication to the server, personally I'd rather keep it something someone has to work to. But ultimately it's up to staff.

A lot of the best races in the game are early level, so it's not like it could be considered pay to win. A big part of unlocking those high level races though is showing your dedication to the server, personally I'd rather keep it something someone has to work to. But ultimately it's up to staff.

I agree with name but in CSS warcraft source you could get like a subscription race but now u cant in CSGO warcraft source

Well I know you guys hate hearing about "other" places but one some of you might know caps level spendings in races to no higher then level 20. As far as not cheating in events you could disallow levelbanks on those races etc

assuming this is going into levelbank, i think its fine since levelbank cant be used to get expertise. really its just accelerating the standard progression.

shadow lurkers everywhere

thank god for race limiters

Up next, for only 3 payments of 9.99, you too can become a shadow lurker with the RACE LIMITER BYPASSER 20000!

Feeling a bit underpowered? With only 281 payments of 99.99, you too can get expertise on EVERY SINGLE RACE ON THE SERVER!

ORDER TODAY!

I recall this being discussed at an earlier time, maybe if we do add this we can limit the amount of levels you can buy in a month. That way people won't go from level 0 to 2500 in a day.

As well making it so you can only use the levels on races that are a certain percentage away from being maxed or from being level 0.

In that sense it would decide if we want to give people an advantage off the start with each race, or allow people to get most of the race done, then buy levels to max it.

Just an idea if we want to consider more options.

So why is me offering money for races like some kind of shitty joke? Races used is still based on peoples personal choice be it fun or whoring. As far as unlocking powerful races the most races played are on the first 2 1/2 pages which is what 500ish levels? I think some of you are being a bit to purest

Papa hit the nail on the head. I like the idea, but elaboration is definitely a must. As for levelbank past the "max" level on a race, I think a good idea would be a 2:1 ratio so people could still buy levels for expertise, but it'll cost more than just maxing it out.

I don't see why you guys are saying "the server will be flooded with kiddies who bought levels using mommy's credit card",you guys are making it sound like the Engineers are only making super duper OP races at higher levels. If I recall correctly there are people that still bitch about spicy chicken and his Human alliance and that's a starter race. The only advantage I see for people buying levels would be using them for events,but we can disable things like that. I personally like the idea of selling levels over selling private races,I think private races would make the server feel more "pay2win" than selling levels.

Edited by Eddy

yea im not a fan of private races. levels being purchasable in levelbank is a good idea. maybe yes set a maximum per week, like u cant buy over 500 per week

So why is me offering money for races like some kind of shitty joke? Races used is still based on peoples personal choice be it fun or whoring. As far as unlocking powerful races the most races played are on the first 2 1/2 pages which is what 500ish levels? I think some of you are being a bit to purest

Everybody here has been civil so far, why are you getting uppity about it? "a bit to purest"? Please, I work full time and go to school, and I've had time to get into the high thousands. I think you need to check your middle class white privilege, because you have no good reason to get snappy with us.

Everybody here has been civil so far, why are you getting uppity about it? "a bit to purest"? Please, I work full time and go to school, and I've had time to get into the high thousands. I think you need to check your middle class white privilege, because you have no good reason to get snappy with us.

I have middle class white privilege, which gives me authority to revoke his.

Hand it over, turb. 

Anyone on the server's ranked top 10 will be using human or night elf when they want to tryhard. The higher leveled races are simply there for a different flavor of the war3 mod. I'm all for this idea; unless we're spending the money on pizza, more revenue means a better server for us. Playing on a full server this past week has been an annoying experience with the server lagging and all.

I have middle class white privilege, which gives me authority to revoke his.

Hand it over, turb. 

I lost it when you said that. 

Now that I think about it, if people really want to buy levels that much, let them max out every single race and watch them quit after a week because they have nothing left to level. Aside from the new races that come out, but apart from that they'll get pretty bored any ways.

I lost it when you said that. 

Now that I think about it, if people really want to buy levels that much, let them max out every single race and watch them quit after a week because they have nothing left to level. Aside from the new races that come out, but apart from that they'll get pretty bored any ways.

Tell me when you find it

Let them max out every race and leave? do you even play on the server Papa a good chunk of the population plays maxed out races. People play the races they like and they play them into the ground be it for fun or for winning. Having every race maxed out is not going to make anyone leave.

Edited by turbulance

I don't see why you guys are saying "the server will be flooded with kiddies who bought levels using mommy's credit card",you guys are making it sound like the Engineers are only making super duper OP races at higher levels. If I recall correctly there are people that still bitch about spicy chicken and his Human alliance and that's a starter race. The only advantage I see for people buying levels would be using them for events,but we can disable things like that. I personally like the idea of selling levels over selling private races,I think private races would make the server feel more "pay2win" than selling levels.

Yeah... The only thing bugging me is the chance that engineers will make the expertises super high lvl req and the only way to achieve expertise is to buy lvls.. :/