Sign in to follow this  
Kung?

Tough times.

Couldn't really keep my "life story" to myself since it's only going to become worst over time.

Going to be serious and straight-up honest about this. As some of you know, I mentioned in-game that I became depressed a few days ago. I realized that I probably going to become gay(er) the more mature and/or older I become since I'm starting to lose interest in girls which I'm ironically proud of. I'm surprised that the situation affected me more then I realize. So does anybody have any ways to deal with depression without taking medications? (or suicide obviously)

Osu is helping with depression but barely. Also, took like 10 minutes to think about posting this thread.

Edited by Kung-chan

Keep around people, especially your friends if they aren't judgmental about your choice. When you're alone your mind wonders, then you can be stuck thinking about it more and more. SG is always around and it's a great community of friends.

Most importantly, STAY AWAY FROM ALCOHOL. You don't need night caps or something calming. Your mind is already scrambled as it is.

If you need to talk, add me on steam, I'm always around. I've been in a tunnel of depression before and I know what it's like. If someone offers you a hand, take it.

he's like 12 bob

So? I was in middle school once and kids drank back then as well. It was rare, yes, but it was also done by the most depressed / peer pressured people. That and the druggies.

I suggest looking into Guided meditations, Lucid dreaming, and astral projections. Any thing that you can sit down relax and think to. also, start logging your dreams, download an dream app, and keep track of them, you could notice patterns, or a concept that might be reoccurring that could indicate something that you unconsciously think about, and might help you come to peace with yourself.

What am I talking about.

Edit: Feels bad getting neg rep, been a while. Literally just rambling on though

Edited by Xlite

dude first of all you're young as shit. stop dwelling on it. you have a whole life to live. talk to your parents about it if you want or your friends not an online gaming community ppl here give shit advice... hell this could be shit advice

chief and ross's comments are good tho but i dont think they know you are like 13

Couldn't really keep my "life story" to myself since it's only going to become worst over time.

Going to be serious and straight-up honest about this. As some of you know, I mentioned in-game that I became depressed a few days ago. I realized that I probably going to become gay(er) the more mature and/or older I become since I'm starting to lose interest in girls which I'm ironically proud of. I'm surprised that the situation affected me more then I realize. So does anybody have any ways to deal with depression without taking medications? (or suicide obviously)

Osu is helping with depression but barely. Also, took like 10 minutes to think about posting this thread.

Take the following as a grain of salt. I've been through a ton of stuff the past few years and it erodes on people differently, what I suggest may or may not help you as it's different for everyone.

From what i'm understanding, you're depressed because you feel that you're gay and don't fit in, correct? The main thing I suggest you do is two things. First of all, approach your family about this and tell them the struggles you're going through, don't wait until all of the pent up frustration and other emotions breaks the dam and floods out. It's messier if you wait for that and can put you in a deeper hole than you realize. Second of all, I would suggest you try and find a counselor/therapist to talk to. You're going to be somewhat of a shell about the issue but just try and get on friendly terms with them. It's easier to spill things out if you're more comfortable about it. I didn't want to go on medication because I was afraid of what it could do to me. It's fine if you don't want to go on it and therapy is usually another alternative. I do want to make this clear, there is no perfect or "best" way to cure depression. There's numerous ways you can approach it, don't go into this thinking they'll jump you up on some happy pill and send you on your way. This is a small hump in your life that you'll get through and there will be many more in the future(not neccessarily depression) that you'll have to deal with. It's not as bad as you think it is, once you learn to deal with it and put it away, it gets better.

If you have any questions on anything, feel free to PM me or even add me on steam. However, don't think of me as a different way to deal with it. If you don't mind venting to people then it's find to do that but I really suggest you look for help with a professional as well.

To all those saying "UR 12, GET OVER IT KID"

If you have nothing constructive to add to this then don't. Regardless of how old he is, if he's feeling as if he's depressed and even mentioning the more negative possibilites such as suicide in a post then there's an issue.

Edited by Oreo

I don't know if I've ever had full blown depression (and even from that its case to case) but there's one thing I've learned from being sad is to not wallow in it. Be proactive in things that make you happy. Also stick with your friends who are truly there for you and support you ( much like what Bob said). 

This is kinda a cheesy link in some facts but there are some little things (like the anti-depressant foods and self worth section) that should help. http://www.wikihow.com/Fight-Depression-Without-Drugs

Just remember that there are people,whether they be on the internet or IRL that care for you and would hate to see you hurt yourself.

I literally laughed hard, sorry, but it's true.  

You sound like you need to be the fuck outside, around people, you're thinking too much about stupid shit.  There is nothing more therapeutic then being out among peers.  

One of the reasons you might be depressed about it is because none are in to you, which is understandable, when I was chunky I got 0 play.  Just workout, get fresh cuts, get a job, buy cooler clothes, do things to  increase your confidence.

It's not that you're way to young, but you're so inexperienced with life which is why I can't take this shit seriously, you have yet to have even attempt anything, you're just sitting there in your room remaining stagnant instead of saying, "i'm young and full of life, why is this thought even crossing my fucking head? I have my whole life ahead of me!"

nothing wrong with being gay or coming down to terms with it, but to ponder on the thought at your age with your level of inexperience is silly, at your age I was upstate NY, in tournaments for little league baseball not GIVING A SHIT about anything but the game.

Edited by JMaFia

What's wrong with being gay?

In all actuality, he's in middle(?) or high school, there's always tension of people being gay and people hating bisexual people. 

Basically, people are fucking stupid before, during, and sometimes after college.

Take the following as a grain of salt. I've been through a ton of stuff the past few years and it erodes on people differently, what I suggest may or may not help you as it's different for everyone.

From what i'm understanding, you're depressed because you feel that you're gay and don't fit in, correct? The main thing I suggest you do is two things. First of all, approach your family about this and tell them the struggles you're going through, don't wait until all of the pent up frustration and other emotions breaks the dam and floods out. It's messier if you wait for that and can put you in a deeper hole than you realize. Second of all, I would suggest you try and find a counselor/therapist to talk to. You're going to be somewhat of a shell about the issue but just try and get on friendly terms with them. It's easier to spill things out if you're more comfortable about it. I didn't want to go on medication because I was afraid of what it could do to me. It's fine if you don't want to go on it and therapy is usually another alternative. I do want to make this clear, there is no perfect or "best" way to cure depression. There's numerous ways you can approach it, don't go into this thinking they'll jump you up on some happy pill and send you on your way. This is a small hump in your life that you'll get through and there will be many more in the future(not neccessarily depression) that you'll have to deal with. It's not as bad as you think it is, once you learn to deal with it and put it away, it gets better.

If you have any questions on anything, feel free to PM me or even add me on steam. However, don't think of me as a different way to deal with it. If you don't mind venting to people then it's find to do that but I really suggest you look for help with a professional as well.

To all those saying "UR 12, GET OVER IT KID"

If you have nothing constructive to add to this then don't. Regardless of how old he is, if he's feeling as if he's depressed and even mentioning the more negative possibilites such as suicide in a post then there's an issue.

bob ross was talking about alcohol, and I wanted to let him know he's 12 in case he didn't know.

at any point in time you can hop off of my dick because for some reason you're super aggro toward me

are you on your period?

Edited by Knox

bob ross was talking about alcohol, and I wanted to let him know he's 12 in case he didn't know.

at any point in time you can hop off of my dick because for some reason you're super aggro toward me

are you on your period?

well if you talk to people in a passive aggresive tone like that shit like that will happen bud pretty derpy of you to even ask.

are you on your period?

That comment wasn't aimed at Bob Ross at all, hell I even upvoted him because he made good points, especially alchohol. Comment was mainly directed at some of the people brushing it off because of age in teamspeak and on the forums.

I'm not on your dick at all either. Didn't focus on you or anything. Chill, you mean nothing to me.

Edited by Oreo

Chill, you mean nothing to me.

seeing as you've been coming at me for a while now in ts and on the forums i was assuming you were trying to do it again

but what do i know it's the internet kek lel xD

well if you talk to people in a passive aggresive tone like that shit like that will happen bud pretty derpy of you to even ask.

sean i don't really hate you, just a little bit though

edit: 

also kung if you have issues like this talk to your parents, assuming you have a healthy relationship with them.

Edited by Knox

seeing as you've been coming at me for a while now in ts and on the forums i was assuming you were trying to do it again

but what do i know it's the internet kek lel xD

How so? I haven't been coming at you at all, no idea why you would assume that.

I think there's actually some decent advice in here already. The stuff I agree with:

Don't be alone by yourself a lot, your thoughts tend to wander and get the best of you. Go outside, meet people, be with the people whose company you enjoy most. Having some good times helps you forget that you're having bad times, makes you grateful for what you've got, and especially with your good friends.

Talk it out with people you trust that you know won't judge you or rag on you or w/e. People you can just have a conversation with.

Talk to your school counselors, they are paid to do what they do and have a background in this: talk to kids who are having struggles. I don't know how your teachers/faculty are, but I loved them at both my middle and high schools and could have real conversations with them. Middle school has got to be some of my fondest memories and I highly recommend you take full advantage of the time you have while you're young to just be a kid and enjoy the hell out of it.

Chin up, you'll be aight.

You probably lost interest in girls because they're all pretty retarded at this age. Even if you do turn out gay... who cares you lift in 21st century be happy man!

Can't really give any legitimate advice on how to deal with depression because I'm not a psychologist, but exercise and proper nutrition have been shown to be pretty effective, at least in adults with depression. What you're experiencing probably isn't the same thing though.

I know when I was a teenager in puberty I went through a transformative cocoon of depressed realism when I read a bunch of Schopenhauer, Nietzsche and Sartre and got real deep and dark. It kind of turned me into the person I am now, for better or for worse, although I don't really agree with most of their philosophies at this point. Point is it's a pretty common thing to go through at what I'm assuming your age is, and it's most likely transient.

I don't know if I really agree with either the idea of spending lots of time around friends or not wallowing in it. I know that when I did that and I was really depressed it would just feel like I was trying to pretend to be alright, and I never enjoyed myself when I did. It was only really through reconstructing my thought patterns and rebuilding myself into a different person that anything really changed, not by hanging around other people. I think you guys are just talking about being sad, not being depressed. Then again, teenage existential angst might not be what he's experiencing. IDK.

Can someone get Chosen in here so he can get some real advice?

And in regards to the faggy stuff:

BAKmTSB.jpg

Edited by Dyscivist