Sign in to follow this  
driz

how i wish all my downloads looked

50mbps connection?  Whats the upload like?

I'm around 25/26 down, with a 6/7 up, though I do wish all things downloaded at that fast a speed!

Most servers can't even support 1mBps.... :(

3071014222.png

118.28mbps = 14.785MB/sec

The kicker is i'm only paying for 50mpbs.

When I install steam games, it utilizes my full connection speed. Torrents get pretty close if there are a lot of seeds.

Hopefully google fiber goes nationwide, or they buy comcast/verizon/other big company in the next few years.

Edited by Velo

50mbps connection?  Whats the upload like?

I'm around 25/26 down, with a 6/7 up, though I do wish all things downloaded at that fast a speed!

Most servers can't even support 1mBps.... :(

the upstream is advertised as 10Mbps up; you're correct the down is 50. i cap my upstream on torrents quite a bit because im used to upstream being flaky :D

i was pretty surprised at the combined speed.

@Ika I just upgraded to business class which comes with an SLA so i'm happy with what im seeing. comcast has a300GB/per month limit here and i work from home 4 days a week and we use netflix for tv, so i was getting charged an extra 20/mo for exceeding. so i figured why not go business, get the SLA and no limit.

@water, i dont run windows so theres not a whole lot of stuff that isn't legit for me to download. these are a bunch of different isos for clusterware, 1 is postgresql from a particular vendor and the other is oracle 12g

@velo, i have a company called TDS here, they offer cat5/6 to the door. if comcast doesnt meet the SLA they have to allow me to break the contract without penalty; so ill swap to TDS if that happens and see how it goes. the ethernet to the door is a little more expensive, but they also allow BGP peering which will be nice so i can finally put my private AS to use.

/>This reason no one has this:

https://fiber.google.com/cities/

I know that's small and all but still, Google scares me. They're poised to become a monopoly or at least having an enormous stake in multiple industries. Hopefully they'll split it when that starts happening like At&t in the 80's. Edited by Oreo

I know that's small and all but still, Google scares me. They're poised to become a monopoly or at least having an enormous stake in multiple industries. Hopefully they'll split it when that starts happening like At&t in the 80's.

I got at&t 6mbps and I usally speed test 3-4 mbps

I regularly get speeds of 6/7MBps on single torrents.

thats hot shit, maybe my torrent just didnt have enough peers.. i suppose not too many ppl download oracle, linuxmint, rhel6.4 or postgresql :D

Unless you got a ton of ssd's in raid 0, good luck finding a system able to take advantage of 1gb/s download speeds.

/>

This reason no one has this:

https://fiber.google.com/cities/

I know that's small and all but still, Google scares me. They're poised to become a monopoly or at least having an enormous stake in multiple industries. Hopefully they'll split it when that starts happening like At&t in the 80's.

You don't know what a monopoly is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk