Sign in to follow this  
Piero

Problems installing GPU drivers

Model: Asus HD7770

I did use the drivers from the website, for some reason it's showing an error at the end of the installation

Device Manager:

7vMq6XX.jpg

How I searched it up:

3cYKQlC.jpg

What it shows at the end of installation: 

2RoPBGd.jpg

Error: 

-UI

10/29/13 18:24:16

install

AMD Catalyst Install Manager
Succeed

Hardware information
Existing packages
Packages for install
Packages for uninstall
Other detected devices
Error messages
Name
Manufacturer
Chip type
Device ID
Other hardware
Download packages
Success
Fail
Vendor ID
Class Code
Revision ID
Subsystem ID
Subsystem vendor ID
Catalyst™ Install Manager
Installation Report
Final Status:
Version of Item:
Size:
Mbytes

PSU:

kKjLTCM.jpg

Edited by Piero

Well I can't really say much from my experience as I stuck with Windows 7.

In either case it looks like there's an issue with the installer itself. So I don't know if the error would be fixed on a different package.

And yea Amd use to blue screen on my laptop all the time until I uninstalled the drivers that came with my laptop and installed the "exact" same drivers online.

Edit: Checked on the site and it looks like you shpuld be able to install the driver manually through the device manager.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDGraphicsSoftwareandDriversFAQ.aspx#1

Edited by Joscal

Your first problem is the AMD drivers

GeForce Experience Ftw

I have had more issues with my GTX460 drivers crashing and other shit than I ever did with my HD5770. Just my two cents. I'm going back to AMD the next time I upgrade.

Piero:

Try this link for the latest stable driver:

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/amd_catalyst_13_9_whql_download.html

If you want to try a beta driver:

http://www.guru3d.com/files_categories/videocards_ati_catalyst_vista_win_7.html

I would also uninstall your current drivers in safe mode, then install this driver in safe mode as well to make sure nothing goes wrong.

I have had more issues with my GTX460 drivers crashing and other shit than I ever did with my HD5770. Just my two cents. I'm going back to AMD the next time I upgrade.

Piero:

Try this link for the latest stable driver:

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/amd_catalyst_13_9_whql_download.html

If you want to try a beta driver:

http://www.guru3d.com/files_categories/videocards_ati_catalyst_vista_win_7.html

I would also uninstall your current drivers in safe mode, then install this driver in safe mode as well to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Still, same problem

it doesn't seem like you clicked on my link so here.

• A manual installation of the display drivers can be performed through the Windows® Device Manager:

• Click on the “Start” button, type “device manager” in the search field and click “device manager” from the search results
    • Expand “Display Adapters”, right-click on the AMD Radeon™ entry and then select “Update Driver Software"
    • Select the “Browse my computer for driver software” option.
    • Click “Browse” and navigate to C:\AMD\Support\[Catalyst™ version]\ and click “OK”. Note: This folder is usually extracted by default to C:\AMD\Support in the initial running of the AMD Catalyst™ software suite
    • Click on “Next” to install the driver software and restart the computer after completing the driver software update

it doesn't seem like you clicked on my link so here.

• A manual installation of the display drivers can be performed through the Windows® Device Manager:

• Click on the “Start” button, type “device manager” in the search field and click “device manager” from the search results
    • Expand “Display Adapters”, right-click on the AMD Radeon™ entry and then select “Update Driver Software"
    • Select the “Browse my computer for driver software” option.
    • Click “Browse” and navigate to C:\AMD\Support\[Catalyst™ version]\ and click “OK”. Note: This folder is usually extracted by default to C:\AMD\Support in the initial running of the AMD Catalyst™ software suite
    • Click on “Next” to install the driver software and restart the computer after completing the driver software update

I would if I could but, there is no AMD 7770 on my Device Manager

Find out where the installer extracted everything to and try to install the drivers manually through device manager. I had the same GPU a while ago, but never had that problem