1. 1. How should teams be organized?

• Random
    • Self-Created
    • Captains Pick (Last Tournament)
  2. 2. What should the team size be?

• 5 Players
    • 6 Players (1 extra player)
    • 7 Players (2 extra players)
  3. 3. Should we have prerequisite matches to properly seed?

4. 4. How should our bracket look?

• Single Elimination
    • Double Elimination
  5. 5. de_aztec?

6. 6. de_season?

7. 7. de_mirage?

• Yes (CS:S Port)
    • Yes (Valve/CS:GO Edition)
    • No
  8. 8. de_mill_ce?

9. 9. de_piranesi / de_cbble?

• Yes (Both)
    • Yes (de_piranesi only)
    • Yes (de_cbble only)
    • No
  10. 10. de_cache?

Well...

Round two is going to come but before that can happen I need to get a general idea of what people liked, didn't like, and see your opinions on potential routes we can take with this next tournament. Let's get into it.

Poll Descriptions

Teams Creation:

-Random Teams

Pros

• All team compositions will be left up to chance rather than pick's.

Cons

• Potential for teams to be stacked.
  • No choice in teammates.
  • Increased chance of players not showing up.

-Self-Created Teams

Pros

• Teams come into the tournament with a roster already set.
  • Play with people you know or want to play with.
  • More likely for teammates to show up.
  • A more entertaining finals.

Cons

• Low skill teams will get beat out.
  • Teams will be better than others (Stacked Teams).
  • A potential for a singular good team.

​-Captain's Pick (Last Tournament)

Pros

• Even playing field with high skilled players and low skilled players on each team.
  • Captains get to pick the players they want.

Cons

• Teams/great players may be dragged down by low skilled players on their team.
  • Some chance that selected members don't show up.
  • Picked members may not like the team they are on.
  • Hard to find willing team captains.

Team Size:

-Five Man Teams (5)

Pros

• Set roster with specific players who should play.
  • All players on the team get prizes (If they actually play;threshold will be defined later)
  • No worry about extra teammates

Cons

• Missing players means substitution players have to be introduced or the team has to play handicapped with less players.
  • A conflict of who gets to substitute and how many subs a team can have. (A player of equal skill? Less? How do we define?)

-Six or Seven Man Teams (6,7)

Pros

• No worry about substitutions.
  • Team captain can swap out what players play and who doesn't.
  • Missing players can be filled by other players on the team.

Cons

• Discussion on who gets prizes on the winning team(s). (Whole? Those who play a certain threshold? What about the extra 1 or 2 players?)
  • Some players on teams will not play partial or all games due to them not being in the rotation.

Seeding:

-No Prerequisite Matches

Pros

• Matches go much quicker and the tournament as a whole is less complicated and moves quicker.
  • No worry about scheduling and or playing prerequisite matches against other teams
  • Tournament starts faster.

Cons

• And unevenly placed bracket system where good teams could potentially play each other early on and not in the finals.
  • Makes double elimination harder to organize.

-Prerequisite Matches*

Pros

• Allows for a more interesting bracket with less skilled teams having to fight to stay in.
  • Less chance of better teams playing early on as opposed to playing semifinals or finals.

Cons

• More complicated.
  • Teams have to play a threshold of prerequisite matches to get ranked, seeded, and play.
  • Prerequisite matches would not be scheduled and would require teams to reach out to one another to play.

Bracket:

-Single Elimination

Pros

• Tournament goes by much quicker and is less complicated.
  • Seeding is less important.

Cons

• One and done. Once you lose you are out and there is no chance of redemption.

-Double Elimination

Pros

• Teams that lose a match can still have a chance at making it to the finals.
  • Keeps the tournament interesting with more chances to continue playing.

Cons

• Makes the tournament complicated and longer.
  • *Requires proper seeding (prerequisite matches are most likely needed)

Discussion

I want to hear what you guys have to say.

• Am I missing a pro or a con?
  • Is there another poll I should include?
  • What other things should be discussed or included?
  • Opinions? Ideas?

This is a tournament for the community and I want it to be something that is entertaining and something that people want to play. This is here for you to give your feedback about our past tournament and what we can do to improve it. Some things, even if at popular demand, are still subject to change by staff.

Edited by Tristan.

Things I didn't like: playing 2 global elites.

Others: Having no admin powers to pause the game when people dc, and other issues. We need someone to manage it, and no people to start the games without proper 5v5 teams with stand ins.

We played a 4v4 since sketched forced started :s

Tl;dr more managed

Few things first:

Leagues are switching to non-se maps because valve is trying to support the esports community. I'm pretty sure the euro leagues have already made the switch and esea is looking to do so as well (http://www.hltv.org/news/11437-esl-eswc-more-update-map-pool). So don't worry about putting the se versions on the servers, it's all good.

Double elim and preliminary rounds are going to take extra time, yes, but seeding is something that is needed. I propose that we go with single elimination and prelim rounds (bo5 finals, maybe bo3 matches?), just for the sake of not taking a whole month to get the tournament over with.

Schedule wise: If more than one match can be played in a night then you should let us do it against the schedule because playing one match a night in a weekend was buttclenching as far as time goes.

complaints

1. Last tournament went to shit near the end with shadow leaving and (probably still mad) getting upset when I said we had a ringer for him so he could go, among other things.

2. If we play with random teams you're bound to play against players that are better than you. If I get to make my own team (or anyone at that matter) you will probably go up against players a lot better than you and with coordination. If we play captains, there is bound to be a few good players per team against yours.

3. I know esea uses cmd pause / cmd unpause in league matches but that's custom with their client, I don't believe there's another way to pause through csgo. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

4. Shit happens, you can lose a player in valve mm or pugs or whatever and not get a replacement or have the guy reconnect. At least if someone disconnects you know that they will (most likely) come back.

I voted for captains.. but eh idk. I'd honestly rather assemble a team beforehand with maybe +1 sub or something instead of getting drafted/drafting kids who don't actually care about playing in the tourney or just half ass everything and expect a carry (see two fags above ika) or are in general dicks that don't play well with a team or having a caller. I think if it's gonna be captains, should screenshot your current comp rank and list your highest rank attained or something (obviously must have been achieved legit and not via hacks/carry).

Edited by Jiyeon

I'm definitely down for this.

IMO captains is the best way to pick teams, but could there be a provision in case someone gets picked to a team they don't want to play on? Possibly player trading?

I think that's a great idea, if assembling teams isn't feasible in the end.

The tournament last time was ran pretty good until the subbing became a huge issue. If we do end up doing captains choice (which I agree on) then we should create a list with the players current MM rank to get a better understanding of who we are picking and what experience they have in team scrims. We had like 70+ people and I had no idea on about half of the peoples ranks as per I have never played with them in our mixed MM pugs and stuff. I also voted on a 6th player being added to avoid any type of problem with subbing as per last tournament. If people miss the deadline for entering, they should be left out and have to watch. You should of also added a commentary selection for monkeh again because that shit was hilarious 

Edited by wind.exe