Sign in to follow this  
ChosenOne2000

Why do people disrespect the Air Force?

I hope you know that those jets that fly off of those carriers in the water most likely aren't USAF jets, they are Navy jets. 

This. You can never put air force on the "tip". They don't do anything

I hope you know that those jets that fly off of those carriers in the water most likely aren't USAF jets, they are Navy jets. 

true story

Maybe Driz can chime in on this, because my understanding when I was in even though I was 13M PMOS my SMOS was 11B when did this change or is Mindspring just wrong?

Mindspring is just wrong on this point.

I'm well aware that the Navy has an Air Force. However, I would assume it's more likely to have jets launched from an air force/army base stationed nearby than from a carrier these days. Considering where the carriers can be positioned and the fact that most of the conflicts are closer to bases(farther inland) it seems much more likely for an attack to originate from land than sea.

Edited by Oreo

I'm well aware that the Navy has an Air Force. However, I would assume it's more likely to have jets launched from an air force/army base stationed nearby than from a carrier these days. Considering where the carriers can be positioned and the fact that most of the conflicts are closer to bases(farther inland) it seems much more likely for an attack to originate from land than sea.

I just spent 10 minutes trying to think of something clever to say to this, but I honestly don't know what to say.  

we have carriers in the Gulf. We also launch jets from multiple sites within Afghanistan. AF still doesn't do much. All my flights around the country were from nato members (non us) or contractors... I suppose in a couple cases Marines and army too... Not the AF though

Sent from my HTC Ville

Basically, Oreo, you are wrong, despite your impeccable logic. 

What's the point you're trying to make? You commented as if I didn't know the Navy had air power and then just gave a vague response when I explained a part of my reasoning as to why an airstrike would have a higher chance to originate from land than sea. I made clear it was an opinion, not a fact. I'm bound to be incorrect and if I am then i'll probably be corrected on it. For instance; I wasn't aware we had the Air Force doing such little work now compared to what i've heard. If I wanted a peanut gallery then i'd ask for one.