Sign in to follow this  
Contract Killer

The War In Iraq

Personally, I feel this is the major downfall of Obama and Clinton, their main thing is "We will bring the troops home!". Funny, that's pretty Ironic, because most soldiers taht do interviews (for ex. Country Musicians Craig Morgan and Josh Gracin, then my uncle and cousin) don't want to, they feel liek they are doing good, and want to help more. I also think that leaving would make the terrorists view us at week, and would attack us at home, which people don't think that far. Also, I find it Ironic again that it seems as the majority of the US wanted to go into the war at first, and now want to pull back out, this war really hasn't been that long, look at the Korean War, we still have troops stationed there. Also, people bitch and whine about gas prices, but what if we leave? Who can protect the refineries? I woudl expect gas prices to soar. Lastly, if we left, all the soldiers that have fallen, their names would be in vain, this many years just to throw it all away?

Guest Fohacidal
I find it funny how people use facts on deaths and money issues about the War on Terror, when in comparison, they are extremely small compared to the other great wars-

http://www.threeworldwars.com/overview-print.htm

Extremely nice find, kudos and cool points to oreo!

Also I think we shouldnt pull out now, but because of public opinion, a gradual pullout will probably be asked for in the future because people think that diplomacy solves everything. Well it does, as long as its the type that lies at the end of a barrel of a gun...

The war is about money. Bringing us home won't change anything over there. It's all about how much money these big conglomerates can make by sustaining the war, not winning it. If the policy makers wanted us to win it would've happened a while ago.

exactally bios. this has nothing to do with freedom or diplomacy or democracy.

this is big business at its best.

name the group of people that benefited the most after 9/11. it was steel, gold, and international bankers. these groups grew ten fold.

now as for the interviews, country musicians that are in favor of the war, will find soldiers that are in favor of the war, while liberals will find soldiers that hate everything about this administration, its called bias.

now im not bringing conspiracies into this, but as we all know Iran should have been the target, but we somehow got wrong information, invaded the wrong country, and assassinated the wrong leader.

also, i just read the paper oreo presented, another great source of bias.

that paper is deffenatly down playing "ww3" if you look at countries involved and leaders involved, youy will se a great deal of bias.

I've said this before, I HOPE we pull out, so I can be sitting in my basement, watching my 42" LG, watching CNN or FOX, watching New York, or Boston or someting getting bombed, smoking a large doobie. ;)

*Sarcasm if you're to stupid to notice the wink*

I've said this before, I HOPE we pull out, so I can be sitting in my basement, watching my 42" LG, watching CNN or FOX, watching New York, or Boston or someting getting bombed, smoking a large doobie. ;)

Exactly. I'm with you and Bush, Iraq was totally behind 9/11, and it was only a matter of time before they sent their ICBMs filled with VX gas warheads to rain down on our cities. We had every right to go in there.

Wow, ok, first, sarcasm dumbass, second, I don't watch news, or listen to it, full of shit, ALL NEWS CHANNELS ARE. Third, I have yet to meet or hear of a soldier that wants to come home, you can have all your conspiracy theory's you want, I have my own opinions kthnxby.

Wow, ok, first, sarcasm dumbass, second, I don't watch news, or listen to it, full of shit, ALL NEWS CHANNELS ARE. Third, I have yet to meet or hear of a soldier that wants to come home, you can have all your conspiracy theory's you want, I have my own opinions kthnxby.

Reuters, BBC, and Associated Press are probably the most unbiased (but not 100% so) news sources out there.

Second, I was being as equally sarcastic as you, but you want to flame me? Whats up?

Third, who said anything about conspiracy theories... Bush is on record saying that we needed to go into Iraq to prevent another 9/11.

also, i just read the paper oreo presented, another great source of bias.

that paper is deffenatly down playing "ww3" if you look at countries involved and leaders involved, youy will se a great deal of bias.

Even though some of the things on that page are exremely biased, the money and deaths are facts, that's what I was concentrating on.

Guest Fohacidal

One soldier out of the hundreds of thousands, thats just tipping the story in your favor, any gullible person would believe the opinion of one soldier is that of all of them.

Even though some of the things on that page are exremely biased, the money and deaths are facts, that's what I was concentrating on.

I agree completely with what you said, in comparison, the Iraq War pales in comparison to WW2.

The thing is, "facts" can be really easily manipulated. I'm not saying that those figures are necessarily wrong, but they easily could have excluded what *they* deemed "unreliable" sources of death in order to pad a certain agenda. They could have also just left certain types of deaths as a mistake, too. Normally there's just a computer program going through compiling databases, it may have been an honest computational error.

One soldier out of the hundreds of thousands, thats just tipping the story in your favor, any gullible person would believe the opinion of one soldier is that of all of them.

Yeah, darn that one soldier, throwing a monkey wrench into the works... now, say, if there was a bigger group of them, then that might be something more substantial. They could call themselves "Iraq Veterans Against the War," or "Veterans Against the Iraq War." THAT would be something worth mentioning, if such a thing existed.

Guest Fohacidal
I agree completely with what you said, in comparison, the Iraq War pales in comparison to WW2.

The thing is, "facts" can be really easily manipulated. I'm not saying that those figures are necessarily wrong, but they easily could have excluded what *they* deemed "unreliable" sources of death in order to pad a certain agenda. They could have also just left certain types of deaths as a mistake, too. Normally there's just a computer program going through compiling databases, it may have been an honest computational error.

Yeah, darn that one soldier, throwing a monkey wrench into the works... now, say, if there was a bigger group of them, then that might be something more substantial. They could call themselves "Iraq Veterans Against the War," or "Veterans Against the Iraq War." THAT would be something worth mentioning, if such a thing existed.

Troll, your sarcasm will get you nowhere...

Hmm...i just read all of this...and here goes nothing. Being a soldier in the best Army the world has ever seen. I believe we are doing good in Iraq. All the people here at home think we should pull out. Well what happens if we have a mass pulling out of the troops. Im sure you all remember Vietnam right? Well it will be that all over again. Al-queda will regain everything back and terrorize Iraqi civilians until we go back. Its the plain facts. When we pulled out of Vietnam the troops that were left got over run in days. What do you think would happen in Iraq. We pull out all the troops and peace and tranquility will come to Iraq. No...nothing good will come from pulling out. I know things that you all dont know. So dont talk about conspiracy and all that stupid bullshit. When it comes to facts and the truth. The truth and facts are saying that we are helping Iraqi civilians. When you watch T.V you watch lies made up by the media. Im just glad that none of you say that Soldiers like myself are the bad people here because if you did. That would be terrible. I just wanted to say what i thought was right. And i think all of you no matter what your beliefs on about this war should support your troops. Because we are risking our lives to protect your rights to say such things.

Always support your troops. No matter the war, place, or the situation.

Guest Fohacidal
Hmm...i just read all of this...and here goes nothing. Being a soldier in the best Army the world has ever seen. I believe we are doing good in Iraq. All the people here at home think we should pull out. Well what happens if we have a mass pulling out of the troops. Im sure you all remember Vietnam right? Well it will be that all over again. Al-queda will regain everything back and terrorize Iraqi civilians until we go back. Its the plain facts. When we pulled out of Vietnam the troops that were left got over run in days. What do you think would happen in Iraq. We pull out all the troops and peace and tranquility will come to Iraq. No...nothing good will come from pulling out. I know things that you all dont know. So dont talk about conspiracy and all that stupid bullshit. When it comes to facts and the truth. The truth and facts are saying that we are helping Iraqi civilians. When you watch T.V you watch lies made up by the media. Im just glad that none of you say that Soldiers like myself are the bad people here because if you did. That would be terrible. I just wanted to say what i thought was right. And i think all of you no matter what your beliefs on about this war should support your troops. Because we are risking our lives to protect your rights to say such things.

Word

The problem with America is that taken as a whole, we're completely stupid. Individually we might stand a chance, but when you lump us all together some sort of group retardation takes over, I dunno. I think the main problem lies with Oprah loving soccer moms with too much time on their hands, and the media. The public opinion on the war at the moment is horrible, but how much do people actually know about it? Unless you troll news sites every day reading every possible article on the war the most people know about it is the few minutes that inevitably end up on the local news every day. And even then, the vast majority of the news you see is "two more soldiers died today in a car bombing", you just don't see anything positive about it. Then Oprah, or any other gay show like that, has one soldier on there talking about how bad the war is, then all the soccer moms go online and sign retarded petitions and end up getting votes for mentally retarded people like Hillary. I honestly can't say either way whether or not we're winning or whether we should leave, but I think we shouldn't. Even if this is all just some huge conspiracy to get oil, I mean, better in the hands of American corporations than middle eastern dictators. If the people over there stop killing each other finally, then, hey, thats just an extra bonus.

I agree, we should support the troops. Right now, this war has caused thousands of deaths, thousands more injuries, both mental and physical. I'm all for helping the people of Iraq, but I say put the troops first. If Iraq were to become like Vietnam, then 30 years from now it will be the next rising star. Vietnam has a booming IT industry, and is experiencing very real, very significant GDP growth. I would be very, very pleased if we pulled out of Iraq and it went the route of Vietnam. In the short run, things would be bumpy. But in the long run, it would be better for the country than having an occupying force their fighting terrorists for decades to come.

Whats the best way to get people to think what you want them to think about a war? Start a war, then curse the people who don't want the war as unpatriotic and traitors. Nobody wants to have that title. In fact, I think a lot of people in the military, my fellow marines etc, many of them are brainwashed. They actually believe all this shit they are being told. In Portland's Sunday paper, the front page is about a marine who is home like me who served in Iraq early in the war, like me. Anyhow, he says that he feels different about the war now than he did when it started. Many of us do. But he feels it would be wrong not to support the war because he thinks it is dishonoring our fallen brothers. But to me this just defies logic. Shouldn't it be the opposite? They were dealt an injustice as I was in even being sent there in the first place. So how is it wrong to get us out now? They can settle the shit themselves. It's funny because our government would like for us to believe that the insurgency is run by "bad" Iraqis. I bet you a lot of the upper echelon of the isurgency is run by Americans and other covert operatives. CIA, MI5, they all want chaos or at least, just enough chaos to make a profit. That's what it's all about to me.

Guest Fohacidal
I agree, we should support the troops. Right now, this war has caused thousands of deaths, thousands more injuries, both mental and physical. I'm all for helping the people of Iraq, but I say put the troops first. If Iraq were to become like Vietnam, then 30 years from now it will be the next rising star. Vietnam has a booming IT industry, and is experiencing very real, very significant GDP growth. I would be very, very pleased if we pulled out of Iraq and it went the route of Vietnam. In the short run, things would be bumpy. But in the long run, it would be better for the country than having an occupying force their fighting terrorists for decades to come.

Well duh Vietnam was able to rise, communism has to be the best idealogical approach to fixing a countries economy in a short period of time. Not to mention the vietcong was quickly able to create a presence in southern Vietnam. I know where your going but its a bad comparison, Iraq is NOT going in the direction of Vietnam in terms of progression.

And Bios, I would like to get the troops out, but if anything, a gradual pull out, nothing good comes of instantly pulling everything. Oh and the rest of your post is just conspiracy ramblings so keep it out of the discussion.

And Bios, I would like to get the troops out, but if anything, a gradual pull out, nothing good comes of instantly pulling everything. Oh and the rest of your post is just conspiracy ramblings so keep it out of the discussion.

First of all I can say whatever the fuck I want. Conspiracy is part of the discussion. I feel that way because I understand whats going on. I'm not blindly accepting what the government tells me, unlike some people. Please explain what negative impacts we will suffer because of pulling out of Iraq? Come on, I want to here your explanation about how regular everyday iraqis are going to come to the United States and bomb our cities. You want to hear what the Marines in combat think, well I can tell you. The guys around you are who you are fighting for. Your country just happens to be part of the equation. The few and I mean few, believe in the righteousness of killing people to protect them from killing people. The contradiction of saying you are going to war to prevent war is the most laughable concept I have heard in awhile. I would like you to explain why we have not suffered a terrorist attack since 9/11. I could very easily go to the nearest shopping mall and become one myself. So what is stopping Al-Queda and other terrorist groups from doing the same thing? Sorry but I am tired of the bullshit fear that the government uses against it's people. The same fear net that you seem to believe in.

Guest Fohacidal
I bet you a lot of the upper echelon of the isurgency is run by Americans and other covert operatives. CIA, MI5, they all want chaos or at least, just enough chaos to make a profit. That's what it's all about to me.
First of all I can say whatever the fuck I want. Conspiracy is part of the discussion. I feel that way because I understand whats going on. I'm not blindly accepting what the government tells me, unlike some people. Please explain what negative impacts we will suffer because of pulling out of Iraq? Come on, I want to here your explanation about how regular everyday iraqis are going to come to the United States and bomb our cities. You want to hear what the Marines in combat think, well I can tell you. The guys around you are who you are fighting for. Your country just happens to be part of the equation. The few and I mean few, believe in the righteousness of killing people to protect them from killing people. The contradiction of saying you are going to war to prevent war is the most laughable concept I have heard in awhile. I would like you to explain why we have not suffered a terrorist attack since 9/11. I could very easily go to the nearest shopping mall and become one myself. So what is stopping Al-Queda and other terrorist groups from doing the same thing? Sorry but I am tired of the bullshit fear that the government uses against it's people. The same fear net that you seem to believe in.

I was talking about what I quoted above, but tell me bios, paranoia is also a symptom of PTSD isnt it? Dont act like you know it all, conspiracy theory or not, what you said above was complete bull. Im not wrapped in a "net of fear" but I can at least act like a realist and I know our government is nowhere near perfect so lay of my back...

Iraq is NOT going in the direction of Vietnam in terms of progression.

Vietnam was never to progress, same with Iraq its all about money. And your obviously heading for a bitch slap from Bios.

Bios, I have the same stance as you. Except you said that 9/11 was caused by terrorists.