Ika

Decreasing round timers?

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should round timer be reduced?

• Yes, by 15 seconds
    • Yes, by 30 seconds
    • Yes, by 45 seconds
    • No, shut the hell up

What do people think about reducing the round timers so people do objectives faster and don't camp spawn for two minutes, then start walking their way towards the objective? Too many times I've seen the last person on a team sit in one spot, camping, with over 1:15 left on the timer, not bothering to do the objective. Reducing the round timer should help the camping issue and possibly speed up map rotations to boot.

Edited by Ika

I'd rather a rule be put in to force last members of a team to attempt objective immediately, and more strict "attempt your objective at this time" timer. Maybe some time off the rounds would be good, but ultimately it comes to people camping and stalling over moving along with the damn game.

force last members of a team to attempt objective immediately

It's not someone's fault that his/her team idiotically rushes into a firefight, resulting in all of them dying. You don't see it in competitive, you shouldn't see it here. I've seen this exact scenario happen before on the server and stood up for the last survivor, at 2:30 no less.

Ugh... this only needs to be enforced if it happens constantly. Its one of those rules to not be taken strictly for once in a while occurrences. I normally just go, I'm getting bored hurry the fuck up sort of statement to get them to do the objective. lol

Ika u r drunk.

I agree with rootbeer, because that situation happens all too much.

I think the timer is fine, it's the idiots who decide to wait out the round instead of doing the objective that causes the problem. Remember, you can change their whole camping strategy by quoting the rules, that is if they are the LMS.

Ika u r drunk.

I agree with rootbeer, because that situation happens all too much.

I think the timer is fine, it's the idiots who decide to wait out the round instead of doing the objective that causes the problem. Remember, you can change their whole camping strategy by quoting the rules, that is if they are the LMS.

This is precisely the problem. There's rarely ever a legitimate reason to require all 3 minutes to do the objective. I only ever do it when I'm playing a race like Nature Wisp/Tatsu/Human/Keeper that has a legitimate chance to clutch 1v3-5, and only on very specific maps like dolls and nuke. And even then I think the round timer is unnecessarily long. I enforce camping rules whenever possible but when it's one man versus 8 and the last guy is 1-10, the only thing he's doing by camping is wasting everyone else's time.

By the way, Rootbeer voted for 45 secs off the timer so I don't think you really agree with him. I'm all for reasonable camping but when you camp until 45 seconds left on the timer and you're at spawn and the bomb is at a bombsite with 5 CTs remaining, you're not going to clutch, you're just wasting time.

Edited by Ika

By the way, Rootbeer voted for 45 secs

Imo 15 seconds doesn't make too much of a difference. It's only when the bomb is planted/hosties are grabbed that the timer really counts and people actually start heading towards objectives. And anyways, a lower timer = less work for me to do. It ain't easy making people camp spawn to shoot me down.

Imo 15 seconds doesn't make too much of a difference. It's only when the bomb is planted/hosties are grabbed that the timer really counts and people actually start heading towards objectives. And anyways, a lower timer = less work for me to do. It ain't easy making people camp spawn to shoot me down.

Well knox voted for no change so you two are basically on opposite sides of the argument. I think 30 secs is a good compromise between camping and being forced to do objectives but I'd have to pay more attention to how round timers usually get down to on 6v6 vs 13v13.

Not exactly sure what to vote atm... What is the round timer right now...? 2:30? I know I'll be voting to decrease it, rarely have I seen it be beneficial to have such a long round timer.

While we are on the lines of timer based stuff... can buy time be reduced to like 15 seconds or something instead of the entire round? If a ct didn't think to buy a kit in cbble, why should they be able to if the bomb is planted at the ct spawn site...? Kinda seems a little cheap and hurts how usable the site is in a way... Also to help prevent nade spam a little...

I only think it becomes a problem when both teams hang back and wait for the other to make a move, which doesn't happen all that often.

Personally I am fine with the way it is, and it is much easier (and more entertaining for me) to give a friendly jab to the offensive team player(s) to do the objective the few times it happens.

Some rounds are ridiculously fast, and sometimes you have long drawn out 14v14 rounds on cbble that need the full time. I think it's fine as it is. If someone's delaying and they're hopelessly outmatched, camping in a corner, trying for a hail mary 2nd wind kill, they should be reprimanded. Otherwise, it's fine.

It's not someone's fault that his/her team idiotically rushes into a firefight, resulting in all of them dying. You don't see it in competitive, you shouldn't see it here. I've seen this exact scenario happen before on the server and stood up for the last survivor, at 2:30 no less.

And the other scenario, some faggot playing shadow lurker makes us wait for 2 minutes while he shift walks around, kills maybe one person, two if the stars align, then dies, making no difference in the end.