Sign in to follow this  
Ichalvl

New phone idea: phonebloks. An upgradable phone that's meant to last.

Never gonna happen.

Sadly this is correct, at least to a point. The reasoning behind iPhones and other devices is that they can release new 500 dollar models every year. It isn't going to make enough revenue from piece to piece upgrades that it'll crash.

But, hey. If it works I would buy it, unless they make it some terrible price. There's an angle they're playing, and we'll have to wait to see what it is.

Great idea would never happen just because of the idea that you could potentially keep a phone for many years. I have only had 3 iPhones and each last me 2 years simply because there is little to no reason to upgrade every year when a new model comes out.

Great idea would never happen just because of the idea that you could potentially keep a phone for many years. I have only had 3 iPhones and each last me 2 years simply because there is little to no reason to upgrade every year when a new model comes out.

But dude

Duuuuuude

Dooooooooooooood

Hear this

Just get this

The new iPhone

It has

It has a new

It has a FINGER PRINT

hold on hold on

IT HAS A FINGER PRINT SCANNER

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

I don't think it's possible to keep it for years. Think about a computer, the connectors change and there's a reason everything is soldered together because it saves space. that block phone could never work out with the technology we have.

this website is literally the scum of the earth

not only is it retarded on paper but they expect you to give them your social media logins for what will amount to the bastard child of kickstarter and kony2012

Saw this on reddit and everyone in the comment section said that is electricly impossible to do this. Aparently it would be an engineer's nightmare and be more of a hasle than it's worth....

It's not impossible. What is impossible is matching the current specs of flagship phones and keeping it the same form factor.

It's possible, but it would quickly hit a ceiling where many new blocks would have to be purchased to support the others, especially the board they're all attached to. Impossible for it to be completely modular and continue to support the most modern stuff.

Saw this on reddit and everyone in the comment section said that is electricly impossible to do this. Aparently it would be an engineer's nightmare and be more of a hasle than it's worth....

>reddit

But dude

Duuuuuude

Dooooooooooooood

Hear this

Just get this

The new iPhone

It has

It has a new

It has a FINGER PRINT

hold on hold on

IT HAS A FINGER PRINT SCANNER

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

All that means is when some knife wielding cockasidal-maniac approaches you saying "Keep quiet, all I want is your wallet and your phone", he's probably going to have to take your thumb also.