Sign in to follow this  
thorgot

Should bash have a short cooldown?

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should bash have a cooldown?

Nothing high, but I was thinking something around 0.5-1 seconds cooldown after successfully bashing someone. Guns like the negev, which fire much faster than any gun in CS:S ever did, shoot at such a ridiculous rate that races like infected will be frozen until they're dead. With this slight change, most gun battles won't be affected, but spraying point blank at high hp races will be nerfed a bit.

I'm talking about all races which freeze other races by shooting them, not just Human.

Thoughts?

A .5 - 1 second cooldown wouldn't effect much to be honest, but it does need a nerf in some way. If you are a good player, all you need is one bash and it's a kill.

A .5 - 1 second cooldown wouldn't effect much to be honest, but it does need a nerf in some way. If you are a good player, all you need is one bash and it's a kill.

that's true, even more so if they're shooting at something like infected, they can spray at it bashing them, get out of range by teleporting/running/lj and start spraying away again

Please do this, its something that makes sense in a way. If done I will allow glockness monster to be created. That race was retarded op for prema bashing a zombie.

Lets go with a rule of time duration * 2 so cooldown protection, what you guys think about that?

1 second = 2 seconds of cooldown after the bash duration

Can it be CD on player instead of on attacker?

So if 2 bash races were attacking, then the bashes wouldn't stack or proc right after one another.

Also, maybe easier to code?

Someone once suggested possibly coding bash proc based on firing rate of the gun. Seems like it would take a lot of coding for individual guns, but is that possible? That wouldn't be a bad solution, and the code could be re-used for other types of procs.

Why should the fire rate of a gun matter? The duration of the freeze is the cause of the problems when you think about it. 1 second, even pistols can fire more than one bullet in a second. Some shotguns could but you are mostly dead if you get hit by one anyway.

I like my duration bash time * 2 for cool down time idea

Number one thing that is complained about that not realistically a big problem, true. But damn if you dare put glockness into the server, I'll hunt you down man. lol :D

rest in peace in peace, damnit name.

you should put your PIN number into an ATM machine to get some money to buy pills for your obsessive compulsive OCD

you should put your PIN number into an ATM machine to get some money to buy pills for your obsessive compulsive OCD

It was your fail and besides its like the 3rd time I've seen it within a week.

agreed, 2-3 seconds cooldown would be awsome. and yea a cooldown on the person its self like b-cock said would be a little smarter.

+1 if no one knew yet how lame I think bash and blind spam is -_-...