Sign in to follow this  
MOFLSTOMP

There's one in every circle of friends

Linux is not difficult unless you're using the console.

lmao
You laugh but I would hate to share my thoughts on people who can't get Linux functional, my 91 yo grandmother didn't even know something had changed when I swapped her.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U

n1nxuFx.png

can we just take a moment to look at the Spec to price, from apples best mac book pro to ( in my opinion)  one of the best Windows laptops.

(except for win 8,with the money saved you can buy win 7)

just by looking you can see that your getting more for less when buying the Asus laptop. 

Edited by Grify

That Asus one looks like it weights 15 lbs and the resolution isn't even close.

id rather have 1080p and better spec, and the asus my brother actually has , its actually lighter then it looks by alot 

if only windows 7 was anywhere near as optimized as 8 :( ill take the speed with the added inconvenience of installing classic shell over any other windows OS any day. of course once go and witcher 2 work in linux, windows is out the door again anyway :/

the competitor in the bottom left doesnt match specs.. how much would that laptop be with the same i7, the missing ram, and the ssd? 

to the laptop on newegg above, it also lacks the processor and storage.. i would say those prices would be quite close, although your newegg asus has a pretty nice video card, you gain a lot in heat output and weight.. im not sure if this is a very good comparison. since apple parts became pc compatible for the most part, the price has gone down a bit.. i say this as an avid apple hater for over 10 years, but this is definitely not the comparison to win the hearts of fence riders... the asus is also half the battery life..

Item Weight 5.5 pounds Item Dimensions L x W x H 17.30 x 12.50 x 0.70 inches Edited by driz

To be honest with you, I do not understand the wanting these super intensive laptops with insane specs. I would prefer a more sleek, slightly above average(so it'll last a bit longer) specs on a laptop. I just don't get the appeal behind carrying around a laptop that can run games on super high..  since most people will rarely if ever use the laptop for gaming.

I guess I am just a person who would prefer to spend as little as possible in a laptop so I can devote as much as possible into the main rig, since the desktop should be your showcase.

Edit: I mean, if you don't have space for a desktop, obviously spend a bit more on the laptop to make up for it. But spending more than 1k on a non-primary laptop(unless you make bank) shouldn't be happening.

Edit 2: I mean, even looking at "pricey" brands such as Alienware, provided you don't want ridiculous setups or screen sizes(I am happy with a 14" screen on a laptop"), the prices aren't terribly high. for a 14" alienware, it comes out to iirc 1300$, which is a bit much for a laptop, but no where near as pricey as the ones griff linked. Unless you absolutely need every last drop of power out of a laptop(then why get a laptop?, pretty sure you can get a micro atx for cheaper at that point), no point in spending that much. The alienware ones would be the highest price i'd go, but even then I wouldn't get alienware, i'd get something like the Asus sean bought, which was similar specs for iirc 800-900$ at most in comparison to 1300$.

Basically, it comes down to how much you want brand names for laptops, since the prices will be fairly high to begin with. I could get by with a inexpensive 300-400$ laptop and be happy, since I wouldn't want to game on it(who wants to game on a laptop by choice...).

Edited by Spell

To be honest with you, I do not understand the wanting these super intensive laptops with insane specs. I would prefer a more sleek, slightly above average(so it'll last a bit longer) specs on a laptop. I just don't get the appeal behind carrying around a laptop that can run games on super high..  since most people will rarely if ever use the laptop for gaming.

I guess I am just a person who would prefer to spend as little as possible in a laptop so I can devote as much as possible into the main rig, since the desktop should be your showcase.

My friend, after getting a 4 thousand dollar Alienware laptop, thinks the same way. 

When buying it, it seems like a dealbreaker that you can't carry around desktops / etc. But, my friend never moves around his laptop and can't upgrade it any further because of how hard laptops are to build. 

My current rig is from 1995, but it's been updated so often that it's an entirely new machine. That's saved me money and is something that laptop people can't do.

Edit: I mean, if you don't have space for a desktop, obviously spend a bit more on the laptop to make up for it. But spending more than 1k on a non-primary laptop(unless you make bank) shouldn't be happening.

it mainly depends on your life style/ job , im still in school at home so i have a Desk top, my brother is in the navy on a ship, hes unable to have a desktop. ( he had the older gen of the lap top i posted and he was able to up grade to the new one for about $450 if im correct - better graphics chip + better processor )