Sign in to follow this  
Grify

GPU for Next Gen Gaming

with the newer games coming soon (BF4, watch Dogs, The Division ,Etc) im going to need a upgrade from my current Graphics card ( Radeon HD 6570 )
im currently looking at a Gtx 760 as my next card.
but i was wondering instead of going to the 700 series cards, should i go with a Gtx 600 card instead and save a bit of money 

so im asking , should the gtx 760 be fine for next gen if not what else would be a good GPU for around $250- $310

Edit: i will be using a 1920x1080p monitor and a secondary screen for skype/ chats 

Edited by Grify

The best advice I can give is to look at comparison graphs and charts and decide for yourself. Look at the games you're going to be playing and judge your purchase based on relative performance

The GTX 670 seems like the best deal for what you are looking for.

i did look at pricing of the GTX 670 and it is just about $70-$100 more then a GTX 760. im not sure how i feel about spending that much more for it but i'll have to look more into those 2 cards  

i did look at pricing of the GTX 670 and it is just about $70-$100 more then a GTX 760. im not sure how i feel about spending that much more for it but i'll have to look more into those 2 cards  

The 760 seems more like it's a budget card, there's a reason the 670 cost more. I would get the 670 if I were you.

The 670 has higher benchmarks, and is cheaper, so I would go with it if I were buying a new card.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-760-vs-GeForce-GTX-670

I haven't look at benchmarks in a while, my only problem with nvidia cards is that they tend to run hot and use a decent amount of power consumption. I don't know about the newer gen tech if that has changed any.

When looking at benchmarks, don't ignore anything. In some way, it will matter in a comparison no matter how big or small it is.

The 670 has higher benchmarks, and is cheaper, so I would go with it if I were buying a new card.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-760-vs-GeForce-GTX-670

the 670 isnt cheaper

3WGP3Vd.png

((on newegg))

The 760 seems more like it's a budget card, there's a reason the 670 cost more. I would get the 670 if I were you.

the fact that its cheaper is why im looking at it idk if ima have $310-$370 for a 670

7950 hands down, get a HIS iceq if you can.

Plus I think the deal to get 3 free games is still down by AMD (don't feel like checkin lol)

i am now actually considering that, but i wanna stay away from AMD cards right now , last 2 i had died on me in less then 4-6 months