Sign in to follow this  
Ika

USP-S / M4A1-S reserve ammo

Can we customize the ammo of these guns on the server to start with more reserve ammo? 12/24 and 20/40 is just not enough for war3. The reduced clip size on the m4a1-s is enough of a drawback, and who is going to kill anyone with one clip of the usp-s? I'd say we should bump it to 12/52 and 20/90. My 2c.

I agree, especially since this server seems to be more and more populated. On a full server 12/24 20/40 only either drop your weapons for another one one the ground or run back to spawn to refill your ammo :o.

Can we customize the ammo of these guns on the server to start with more reserve ammo? 12/24 and 20/40 is just not enough for war3. The reduced clip size on the m4a1-s is enough of a drawback, and who is going to kill anyone with one clip of the usp-s? I'd say we should bump it to 12/52 and 20/90. My 2c.

Lurker obv underpowered....

So having a silenced weapon and no bullet tracers wasn't good enough...?

I think its fine as is, but if it does get more reserve ammo I think just another clip would work. When few people are on the server and people are running around with 20/90 m4 that is silenced it is just going make people want to leave -_-'. Especially if they are partially invisible... When the server is full there is usually plenty of guns lying around for both ammo and as a source of a new weapon. On some maps it is rather easy to get back to spawn to refill ammo. Teleporation / longjump also make it easy to make a quick visit to spawn.

Don't think of a silenced weapon as "just another gun", it can be used really well from far away or from behind enemy lines.

I've been looking for way of adding reserve ammo with mimic for these guns (M4a1-s , and USP-S) However, there is no way of telling what the ammo they use is. Thats the way we changed the cvar last time and so the only way we could FOR NOW increase it is by unlimited reserve ammo and i think that would fuck most things in war3 up? I've been looking for a fix in my spare time for ze but this will help most our servers as well i'll look into it a bit more

could you use a command like this but linked to only the usp-s and m4a1-s

/** * Sets the value from primary and secondary ammo stock, of a client. * * @param client        Client Index. * @param className        Classname of a weapon. * @param primaryAmmo    Primary ammo stock value from the client, if -1 the value is untouched. * @param secondaryAmmo    Secondary ammo stock value from the client, if -1 the value is untouched. * @param primaryClip    Primary ammo value in the weapon clip, if -1 the value is untouched. * @param secondaryClip    Secondary ammo value in the weapon clip, if -1 the value is untouched. * @return                Entity Index of the given weapon on success, INVALID_ENT_REFERENCE on failure. */stock Client_SetWeaponAmmo(client, const String:className[], primaryAmmo=-1, secondaryAmmo=-1, primaryClip=-1, secondaryClip=-1){    new weapon = Client_GetWeapon(client, className);    if (weapon == INVALID_ENT_REFERENCE) {        return false;    }    Weapon_SetClips(weapon, primaryClip, secondaryClip);    Client_SetWeaponPlayerAmmoEx(client, weapon, primaryAmmo, secondaryAmmo);    return true;}

or this

/** * Sets the primary and secondary ammo the player carries for a specific weapon classname. * * @param client        Client Index. * @param classname        Weapon Classname String. * @param primaryAmmo    Primary ammo stock from the client, if -1 the value is untouched. * @param secondaryAmmo    Secondary ammo stock from the client, if -1 the value is untouched. * @return                True on success, false on failure. */stock bool:Client_SetWeaponPlayerAmmo(client, const String:className[], primaryAmmo=-1, secondaryAmmo=-1){    new weapon = Client_GetWeapon(client, className);    if (weapon == INVALID_ENT_REFERENCE) {        return false;    }    Client_SetWeaponPlayerAmmoEx(client, weapon, primaryAmmo, secondaryAmmo);    return true;}

This one might work best for just doing the 2 weapons for everyone if we can figure out the different classnames that differentiate the M4A4 from the M4A1-S

/** * Sets the primary and secondary clip value of a weapon. * * @param client        Client Index. * @param classname        Classname of a weapon. * @param primaryClip    Primary ammo value in the weapon clip, if -1 the value is untouched. * @param secondaryClip    Secondary ammo value in the weapon clip, if -1 the value is untouched. * @return                True on success, false on failure. */stock bool:Client_SetWeaponClipAmmo(client, const String:className[], primaryClip=-1, secondoaryClip=-1){    new weapon = Client_GetWeapon(client, className);    if (weapon == INVALID_ENT_REFERENCE) {        return false;    }    if (primaryClip != -1) {        Weapon_SetPrimaryClip(weapon, primaryClip);    }    if (secondoaryClip != -1) {        Weapon_SetSecondaryClip(weapon, primaryClip);    }    return true;}

Here is also a list of the items you can buy from using console commands and there is a different command for the M4 reg and M4 silenced so they have to somehow have a different classname.

usage: buy <item>
  p228
  glock
  scout
  xm1014
  mac10
  aug
  elite
  fiveseven
  ump45
  sg550
  galil
  galilar
  famas
  usp_silencer
  awp
  mp5navy
  m249
  nova
  m4a1
  m4a1_silencer
  tmp
  g3sg1
  deagle
  sg552
  ak47
  p90
  bizon
  mag7
  negev
  sawedoff
  tec9
  taser
  hkp2000
  mp7
  mp9
  nova
  p250
  scar17
  scar20
  sg556
  ssg08
  flashbang
  smokegrenade
  hegrenade
  molotov
  decoy
  primammo
  secammo
Edited by Fetterolf

ru fucking kidding me the whole point of these new guns is that they perform better but have limited ammo

if you are going to be unstoppable with a laser gun at least be unstoppable for a short period of time before you have to scavenge a little

ru fucking kidding me the whole point of these new guns is that they perform better but have limited ammo

if you are going to be unstoppable with a laser gun at least be unstoppable for a short period of time before you have to scavenge a little

That is true but we are a WC3 server so people have 150-1000 hp and you might need an extra clip or 2 to deal with them effectively. You run into a team with a holy pal and keeper everyone is pretty much guaranteed to have 125hp or more.

Edited by Fetterolf

Lurker obv underpowered....

So having a silenced weapon and no bullet tracers wasn't good enough...?

I think its fine as is, but if it does get more reserve ammo I think just another clip would work. When few people are on the server and people are running around with 20/90 m4 that is silenced it is just going make people want to leave -_-'. Especially if they are partially invisible... When the server is full there is usually plenty of guns lying around for both ammo and as a source of a new weapon. On some maps it is rather easy to get back to spawn to refill ammo. Teleporation / longjump also make it easy to make a quick visit to spawn.

Don't think of a silenced weapon as "just another gun", it can be used really well from far away or from behind enemy lines.

Once Lurker is overhauled and is forced to use the USP-S I don't think it will be as OP anymore (the USP-S is fucking monstrous).

Once Lurker is overhauled and is forced to use the USP-S I don't think it will be as OP anymore (the USP-S is fucking monstrous).

My statement about lurker was just a joke about how you were saying the usp-s with its small ammo reserve wouldn't work well in the server & that you are not going to get a kill with one clip of the usp and that in fact it is possible to kill people with a clip of the usp (silenced or not sometimes even with one well placed head shot). The one time I have run out of ammo on a lurker (because I was not trying to aim at all) I bought a pistol clip extender and then the round ended, just my luck.

I want to say again, people need to know that the silenced weapons are different and as such have a different play style. They are not run and gun all the time... For instance long a of dust2 both players out in the open with no invis, does silenced versus not matter a heck of a lot? No, sure the silenced weapon will have slightly better accuracy, but for the most part there is not a huge difference. What if someone is behind cover, has invis, behind enemy lines, moled into the enemy spawn, or is flanking the enemy...? Yes a silencer would help in these situations, but it is not totally necessary. More ammo and being able to make noise can be a benefit sometimes, faking the part of being an enemy can work on occasion, especially if you have their weapon (ak for ts, m4 for cts esk).

The usp-s being "big" isn't going to stop anyone from hiding on the opposite side of the map (or in odd locations in general) and taking easy shots at you.

Edited by Mr_Oob

The silenced weapons give muzzle flash and apparently aren't that hard to hear from across the map. The only thing better is the accuracy, I see no problem with them buffing these weapons.