Sign in to follow this  
Master Chadron

Official Nature's Wisp is OP crying thread

Is that a surprise? It's a new race with a moderately low level req (only 1000 isn't it?) with a 70 level cap. I know I'm going to be playing it and only it until I max it.

When its really effective with only 1pt longjump, 1pt regen health, 1pt ult, and the rest dumped into the evade skill...

I think having it be maxed at level 70 is just giving people an excuse to whore it out -_-'...

For new players req 1000 isn't low :V...

When its really effective with only 1pt longjump, 1pt regen health, 1pt ult, and the rest dumped into the evade skill...

I think having it be maxed at level 70 is just giving people an excuse to whore it out -_-'...

... if you've got one point in regen health the health regen skill is terrible

I dunno about you, but the health regen skill seems absolutely useless to me with only 1 point put into it. You heal incredibly slow until you have a decent amount of points into it, and the evade skill seems nearly useless unless it's closed to maxed. It has absolutely no bonus damage or anything of the like and the average K/D I've seen of somebody playing it is around 0.5. People just seems to like to cry OP to new things...remember Blade Master? Everybody said that was OP but everybody who played it when it came out had absolutely terrible K/D's and did pretty much nothing but die. Just because a race is annoying to kill doesn't make it OP. And sorry, I think 1000 is pretty low.

I dunno about you, but the health regen skill seems absolutely useless to me with only 1 point put into it. You heal incredibly slow until you have a decent amount of points into it, and the evade skill seems nearly useless unless it's closed to maxed. It has absolutely no bonus damage or anything of the like and the average K/D I've seen of somebody playing it is around 0.5. People just seems to like to cry OP to new things...remember Blade Master? Everybody said that was OP but everybody who played it when it came out had absolutely terrible K/D's and did pretty much nothing but die. Just because a race is annoying to kill doesn't make it OP. And sorry, I think 1000 is pretty low.

Even though blade masters have terrible k/ds it still got nerfed...? A surprise to you I guess because its not op ;D?

I still like to play blade master on occasion, but nature wisp kinda just blows everything out of the water when compared to other knife races. Max cannibal is close to comparison (in which knife class I want to use for a given occasion), but the crazy health regen just makes it so forgiving...

Oh you are down to 10 hp? Let me give you a pat on the back for trying and refill your hp to max... For new players who don't know how to play knife classes well nature wisp is such a good crutch... If the enemy doesn't die from a long jump backstab then you can just *poof* away and regenerate all your health back quickly. Worst case: You can't kill them. You cause them to drain the crap out of their ammo.

evade skill seems nearly useless unless it's closed to maxed

Free effective hp couple with longjump (manual evasion) and a gtfo card. Evasion helps a heck of a lot coupled with these other skills, even when it (or even all of them) or not "maxed out".

So the race gives you an average K/D ratio, is fun to play and is a great race for starting players???

My job is done.

P.S. Blademaster wasn't nerfed, in fact I only changed it to make it more legitimate in terms of how it worked in warcraft... you just can't windwalk and bladestorm at the same time guyz.

Even though blade masters have terrible k/ds it still got nerfed...? A surprise to you I guess because its not op ;D?

I still like to play blade master on occasion, but nature wisp kinda just blows everything out of the water when compared to other knife races. Max cannibal is close to comparison (in which knife class I want to use for a given occasion), but the crazy health regen just makes it so forgiving...

Oh you are down to 10 hp? Let me give you a pat on the back for trying and refill your hp to max... For new players who don't know how to play knife classes well nature wisp is such a good crutch... If the enemy doesn't die from a long jump backstab then you can just *poof* away and regenerate all your health back quickly. Worst case: You can't kill them. You cause them to drain the crap out of their ammo.

Free effective hp couple with longjump (manual evasion) and a gtfo card. Evasion helps a heck of a lot coupled with these other skills, even when it (or even all of them) or not "maxed out".

A crutch? So what, this is what I see as a pretty good knife race that doesn't have to be maxed to be so. Also, your worse case is more or less what quite a bit of players use lj for. If you don't like their regen just hit them a few more times, it will delay the regen a little bit longer and to be clear that ult is slightly fixed still a little buggy it will teleport them back to where they were several seconds ago, ranging anywhere from where they appeared to back to their spawn so just go chase them down, they are after all one of the few actually out on the field the fastest...

A crutch? So what, this is what I see as a pretty good knife race that doesn't have to be maxed to be so.

Obviously we need more crutch races..? No-recoil, massive hp with leech and regen, free gun, longjump, and invis race is what we need then... I'm not saying that it is just a "good" knife race at low levels, I'm saying that it is a great knife race at low levels. The free five levels + one tome will give you you enough skills and your ultimate that the main major difference (in my opinion) between a low level wisp and a max is the dodge chance (and course the longjump to some degree). The main thing that is making this such a crutch, an easy mode / op race, is the massive health regen (that can go off over and over) combined with longjump and a gtfo card (the ultimate) allowing you to remove yourself from a fight more than long enough to start the health regen and be fully healed.

If coolness wants to explain races as having effective hp this one definitely has a really high effective health pool. If coolness is willing to nerf the health regen aspect I would think wisps being able to heal to a specific amount would work. Total amount of healing per round from the regen: Base 100+ 5x level of regen skill.

Also, your worse case is more or less what quite a bit of players use lj for.

Not every class has longjump, teleporation, and a way to heal easily. Usually this is done by people shop whoring... Even with a bunch of shop items though it is probably not possible to get to the same heal rate as a wisp. When I say "worse case the enemy is out of bullets" I'm talking about completely out of bullets, not that they just have to reload (and also not counting the pistol).

If you don't like their regen just hit them a few more times, it will delay the regen a little bit longer and to be clear that ult is slightly fixed still a little buggy it will teleport them back to where they were several seconds ago, ranging anywhere from where they appeared to back to their spawn so just go chase them down,

It is not always an easy task to hit something longjumping around every where, especially if there is any sort of wall within any proximity of you... The ultimate and longjump can give the wisp more than enough time to start and finish their health regen. Trying to hunt down a wisp who teleported away is not an easy task, the longjumping lets "7 seconds ago" become "the opposite side of the map."

The only easy way I've found to keep a wisp in one area is if they are trying to rescue a hostage without a rescue kit. 4 seconds of them trying to pick it up plus them getting to the hostage. If they actually do pick up the hostage all the better because they can't use their ult or longjump (thanks coolness for the fix).

So the race gives you an average K/D ratio, is fun to play and is a great race for starting players???

My job is done.

P.S. Blademaster wasn't nerfed, in fact I only changed it to make it more legitimate in terms of how it worked in warcraft... you just can't windwalk and bladestorm at the same time guyz.

You might as well say all races give you average k/d or better, it just boils down to how skilled you are...? Yes it is fun to play (I would say all knife races are so far), but with the skills it has it really feels like the best knife race by quite a lot... No other knife race really has the same health regeneration that wisp has (or health gain that is comparable). I don't even think any of the knife races have dodge chance except wisp. Saying it has "no damage bonuses" is a joke to me. A right click in the back will kill many races straight out if not line them up for an easy left click clean up. Merely hopping around with longjump can help you evade bullets enough to even get two right click knife hits to someone's face.

My main gripes with the race is:

-Health regeneration that is really quick coupled with...

-Two maneuverability skills (one being an ult) that let you dodge bullets, but in case you don't there is always...

-A chance to "evade" bullets that "hit" you...

A heck of a lot of survivability right there, the ult, healing, and longjump skills only needing one point to be rather effective, and every point into the evade skill makes it better. A quick summary of how most wisps will probably spend their levels.

Level 6

Regen: 1 Jump: 1 Dodge: 3 Ult: 1

After that its just dumping every point into dodge until it is max. Perhaps mixing it up a little by putting some points into regen *gasp*. It is a really good knife race that isn't interesting to level up (my opinion). The max level 20 on skills just prolongs the leveling up experience, the only skills that probably needs a max level of 20 is dodge since dodging a shot means you take zero damage, gives a "higher effective health."

A race is at it's best when it is max level. This doesn't mean that a race is not good or is not overpowered at lower levels, it only means it is at its peak of performance at max level...

Regarding the blademaster stuff: You changed its ult to be lower vertically didn't you ;P? You were saying on crackhouse how its bad that it goes through the floor and then did some testing on de_mill shortly later.

Edited by Mr_Oob

Obviously we need more crutch races..? No-recoil, massive hp with leech and regen, free gun, longjump, and invis race is what we need then... I'm not saying that it is just a "good" knife race at low levels, I'm saying that it is a great knife race at low levels. The free five levels + one tome will give you you enough skills and your ultimate that the main major difference (in my opinion) between a low level wisp and a max is the dodge chance (and course the longjump to some degree). The main thing that is making this such a crutch, an easy mode / op race, is the massive health regen (that can go off over and over) combined with longjump and a gtfo card (the ultimate) allowing you to remove yourself from a fight more than long enough to start the health regen and be fully healed.

If coolness wants to explain races as having effective hp this one definitely has a really high effective health pool. If coolness is willing to nerf the health regen aspect I would think wisps being able to heal to a specific amount would work. Total amount of healing per round from the regen: Base 100+ 5x level of regen skill.

Not every class has longjump, teleporation, and a way to heal easily. Usually this is done by people shop whoring... Even with a bunch of shop items though it is probably not possible to get to the same heal rate as a wisp. When I say "worse case the enemy is out of bullets" I'm talking about completely out of bullets, not that they just have to reload (and also not counting the pistol).

It is not always an easy task to hit something longjumping around every where, especially if there is any sort of wall within any proximity of you... The ultimate and longjump can give the wisp more than enough time to start and finish their health regen. Trying to hunt down a wisp who teleported away is not an easy task, the longjumping lets "7 seconds ago" become "the opposite side of the map."

The only easy way I've found to keep a wisp in one area is if they are trying to rescue a hostage without a rescue kit. 4 seconds of them trying to pick it up plus them getting to the hostage. If they actually do pick up the hostage all the better because they can't use their ult or longjump (thanks coolness for the fix).

You might as well say all races give you average k/d or better, it just boils down to how skilled you are...? Yes it is fun to play (I would say all knife races are so far), but with the skills it has it really feels like the best knife race by quite a lot... No other knife race really has the same health regeneration that wisp has (or health gain that is comparable). I don't even think any of the knife races have dodge chance except wisp. Saying it has "no damage bonuses" is a joke to me. A right click in the back will kill many races straight out if not line them up for an easy left click clean up. Merely hopping around with longjump can help you evade bullets enough to even get two right click knife hits to someone's face.

My main gripes with the race is:

-Health regeneration that is really quick coupled with...

-Two maneuverability skills (one being an ult) that let you dodge bullets, but in case you don't there is always...

-A chance to "evade" bullets that "hit" you...

A heck of a lot of survivability right there, the ult, healing, and longjump skills only needing one point to be rather effective, and every point into the evade skill makes it better. A quick summary of how most wisps will probably spend their levels.

Level 6

Regen: 1 Jump: 1 Dodge: 3 Ult: 1

After that its just dumping every point into dodge until it is max. Perhaps mixing it up a little by putting some points into regen *gasp*. It is a really good knife race that isn't interesting to level up (my opinion). The max level 20 on skills just prolongs the leveling up experience, the only skills that probably needs a max level of 20 is dodge since dodging a shot means you take zero damage, gives a "higher effective health."

A race is at it's best when it is max level. This doesn't mean that a race is not good or is not overpowered at lower levels, it only means it is at its peak of performance at max level...

Regarding the blademaster stuff: You changed its ult to be lower vertically didn't you ;P? You were saying on crackhouse how its bad that it goes through the floor and then did some testing on de_mill shortly later.

Oob, please acquire a KD ratio of over 2 with Nature's Wisp, then post the demo here. When you do, we'll consider it potentially OP.

Till then, stop. This race has nothing but a fucking knife. It isn't OP.

Please, just stop oob. Nature's wisp is not "good with 5 levels and a tome." It has a long jump, 100 hp until it gets hit, terrible health regen until numerous points are put into the heal, 10% evasion, and an ult on a ~30s CD. It requires 2-3 face stabs to kill most races on this server, and most people aren't stupid enough to get backstabbed by a non invis race. I should also mention that it only takes you two - three bullets to die, which can happen much faster then two face stabs. Let's also not go into the fact that on a lot of maps trying to play a knife long jump race usually ends up really badly.

How long have you even played on the race? Have you been doing good, bad, or average on it?

I played it for probably the first two days it came out and maintained a 1:1 easy. It is not that the longjump makes it easymode to longjump around someone and get a free backstab, it is that the longjump lets you take a different path from the enemies (or a longer one) and are able to end up behind the enemies easily. Knife longjump is bad for most maps? lol :D. Most of the standard maps have 1. multiple routes, 2. big areas of flat ish land, and 3. an objective. If any map would be "bad" for a movement based skill I would probably say flight gets shit on, by quite a few maps. Any change, even the slightest 3 pixles of altitude breaks ground flying. Most maps also have a low ceiling or oddly shaped one that makes flying upwards a chore. Longjump's biggest enemy is probably office of all places, and even there it is still rather good. Versus the "only takes 2-3 bullets," yes that is probably true... if they all hit...

Played a bit of it recently and still maintained a 1:1 even with an infected and molecule on the enemy team. The good news is that it does seem like the regen already got nerfed, only problem is that at higher levels it is still retarded strong. After shooting the crap out of a wisp, getting killed by it, and then thrown into "spectate the guy who killed you" the wisp has full hp back already (even with kill cam disabled)...