Sign in to follow this  
n2fwa

Auto-team balance

it isn't a team balancer. it is a team scrambler.

manual balancing doesn't even work because 90% of the admins don't know how to correctly balance the teams. it's usually a stomp either way, but they switch the teams up every round so it looks balanced from the scoreboard.

Edited by Sketchmaticx

It would just be easier to have SO's balance teams then to have a randomized scrambler.

Edited by n2fwa

So there is no plugin out there for CSGO that an admin can hit a command or we can vote scramble and it will actually scramble every single person to a random team?

EDIT: found a plugin that has to be better than the current one we use 

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1720530

that's pretty much the same thing we have. the problem people have with it is that it doesn't balance, but randomizes players. there's no guarantee to balance teams when you're just randomizing the teams. 

but the current plugin only seems to switch the stacked members from the T team to the CT team for 4 more rounds then they go back to the T team. This plugin might have a different way of scrambling things. The current way of scrambling is just killing the playerbase as they know there will be no actual "scramble" just the top players being put on the other team. I would rather try another plugin and have it either work or fail then stick with the current system of "Oh t's won 4 rounds, ct's won 4 rounds, t's won 4 rounds, nextmap repeat"

I will if that's the only thing separating me from becoming a rent-a-cop once again

Why do you even deserve SO again if you refuse to wear tags that you agreed to wear when you first applied.. I fail to see any logic in rewarding your piss poor attitude.

Why do you even deserve SO again if you refuse to wear tags that you agreed to wear when you first applied.. I fail to see any logic in rewarding your piss poor attitude.

Mad all your dick sucking got you nowhere?

I simply joined because I was a WCS regular and friends in the server were in the clan as well

Why would not wearing my tag disallow me to become SO? I've already proven that I am more than fit to be a server officer on their warcraft servers, I've ruled the prior wcs server with an iron fist, balancing the teams to ensure everyone has a pleasing experience while answer everyone's questions and simultaneously getting myself killed on my highest leveled race to give new players tons of exp. Not giving me such powers again would be a huge mistake on their part, I mean, you can ask any of the regulars of the old server.

Who let this guy in again?

but the current plugin only seems to switch the stacked members from the T team to the CT team for 4 more rounds then they go back to the T team. This plugin might have a different way of scrambling things. The current way of scrambling is just killing the playerbase as they know there will be no actual "scramble" just the top players being put on the other team. I would rather try another plugin and have it either work or fail then stick with the current system of "Oh t's won 4 rounds, ct's won 4 rounds, t's won 4 rounds, nextmap repeat"

i don't think you realize how it works. i'm 100% positive it is random. i'm almost always in the top 3 spots, if not the top spot on a team, and i'll get switched maybe every other or every other other time. sometimes i get switched everytime, but that's rare, because it's random. it's either no plugin or a plugin that's random, but the plugin is not killing the server population. i have nothing to do with the server side of wc3, though, so you'll have to ask klark to change the plugins (or mimic or coolness or thorgot). 

also, i'm not saying the plugin is perfect by any means, because it's mostly based on 1-2 players on the winning team just doing the carrying. that's pretty obvious. but the thing you guys aren't understanding is that a plugin cannot balance based off of player skill, because a script can't calculate that.

I will if that's the only thing separating me from becoming a rent-a-cop once again

anyone who does not wear tags regularly is not allowed to become an SO, you heard it here first.

Why don't we change the script to trigger on 2-3 consecutive wins and does a full scramble.

that's basically what it does, except with 4 team score difference instead of 2 or 3. i think everyone would get sick of the teams changing every 2-3 rounds if the teams aren't getting balanced every time the scramble happens.

It would just be easier to have SO's balance teams then to have a randomized scrambler.

You should know by now that half the admins that play on this server are incompetent at recognizing how to actually balance teams. They just switch the top member of the team to the other team until that team wins a round, doesn't matter how many were alive as long as the team wins. A team could win five times a in row with one member alive every round and people will cry imbalance, then switch people over until the other team wins five in a row with 10 people alive and say "it's balanced now".

anyone who does not wear tags regularly is not allowed to become an SO, you heard it here first.

lol your loss, you're only losing the most impartial server officer there is, I could add the tags whenever I join but a thing such as a tag shall never chain me down, I'm a free spirit

Edited by Lemon Chan

lol your loss, you're only losing the most impartial server officer there is, I could add the tags whenever I join but a thing such as a tag shall never chain me down, I'm a free spirit

why did you join in the first place?

why did you join in the first place?

He wanted the free admin and got it. After WCS burned to the ground he pretty much stopped playing most sG servers and pretty much is now demanding SO for WAR3. IMO he only has 70 posts after the rollback occurred how long ago. Clearly gives no fucks other than free admin.

He wanted the free admin and got it.

I didn't, I was told to apply for SO and I did, I had no plans of getting it before I joined

After WCS burned to the ground he pretty much stopped playing most sG servers and pretty much is now demanding SO for WAR3.

Uhm yeah?

IMO he only has 70 posts after the rollback occurred how long ago.

Forums got boring

Clearly gives no fucks other than free admin.

You think SO is a privilege?

Let me tell you boy, it isn't. You have to constantly evaluate the players, what race they are on and how they perform usually, which in turn requires you to be a regular to use your powers to please the biggest amount of players, if you want the correct balance to take effect. The current script is flawed in the sense that it's random, which is basically why the critical thinking of SOs is essential and is in demand right now, applications being discussed as we speak. If using "cash" for my personal benefit is what you are hinting at, there are enough paidmins and other community members of various ranks who give them out regularly and there are at least 1 or 2 on at all times during peak hours.

So why are you applying, you're asking? That's because I'm passionate about the mod and the efforts people have put into to make it worthwhile, the sg wcs/war3 servers being arguably the best in the counter-strike scene. I honestly think the whole tag shit required to be able to become SO is downright retarded but if it's loyalty marked by insignificant tags you're looking for then I want nothing to do with that.

That being said, please, PLEASE, if you do the mistake of not choosing me, do NOT give it to this guy right here, I beg you from the very bottom of my soul

if it's loyalty marked by insignificant tags you're looking for then I want nothing to do with that.

Based on that comment alone you shouldn't have ever gotten SO and should never get it again considering SOs represent the community and you have just said you show no interest in doing so.

Based on that comment alone you shouldn't have ever gotten SO and should never get it again considering SOs represent the community and you have just said you show no interest in doing so.

In a pick and choose environment, you choose the person who shows the best premise, there is no reason to choose someone lesser when there is a better, more capable option right in front of you, as I have proven times and times again in the time I was SO. As I have already suggested, I could put up the tag whenever I play on the server if you people wish so, but I don't think it's necessary to have it 24/7. I'm actually flabbergasted that it's an unwritten requirement.

In a pick and choose environment, you choose the person who shows the best premise, there is no reason to choose someone lesser when there is a better, more capable option right in front of you, as I have proven times and times again in the time I was SO. As I have already suggested, I could put up the tag whenever I play on the server if you people wish so, but I don't think it's necessary to have it 24/7. I'm actually flabbergasted that it's an unwritten requirement.

It's actually a written requirement in the SO bulletin to wear tags. And if you don't want to represent sG I dunno why you would want to be an SO.

It's actually a written requirement in the SO bulletin to wear tags.

Server Officer Application

Hello everyone, with the recent staff changes, the new head of the Server Officer department is Sketch, with iAlwaysFail being the new Server Officer Advisor that will be working alongside Sketch. With this change, the Syndicate Gamers staff would like to say thank you to all of our SO's have who have recently left the team, your service was appreciated. We would also like to congratulate our new Officers - MasterChief, Turtlefrenzy, Puff, Tobi, Agrippa and Hotsauce! Welcome aboard.

Server Officer Roster:

Jailbreak

Wind.exe - Eddy - Puff - Doctor Zed - Avery - JFK - Xlite - X-men - Turtlefrenzy

TTT

bulletford - NomNoms - Dailey - Oreo - Sexy Batman - Special Brownies - Deadpool - Hotsauce

Zombie Escape

Skotti - Trucka - Masterchief

Surf

None

Mini Games

Joscal

Minecraft

None

BHop

Tobi - Agrippa

Now, as many of you fine individuals may have noticed, a couple of Server Officer positions have opened up. Due to this, SO applications are open for all sG members, whether you are a veteran member or fresh out of recruitment. However, even though all applications will be accepted, not all servers may receive new SOs. The requirements for the application are not strict, so even if you have not been an admin before does not mean that you will be auto-disqualified for SO, it just means you may be a step ahead of the paid admin or rank admin abusers. If you want to be considered, send your application to >iAlwaysFail and don't forget to include Sketch in the PM, or else you have zero chance of becoming an SO. The template for the application can be found below, and PLEASE don't write in massive paragraphs. This isn't a paper for your English class.

Make sure the PM subject to be: [sO APPLICATION] <YOUR USERNAME>

/> First name:

In-game name:

Region (NA/EU/ASIA):

Link to your GameMe profile: ( >http://sg.gameme.com/search)

What servers are you interested in being an SO for?

What time zones do you normally play?

What is your average playtime for a week?

Why do you want to be an SO?

If you were not chosen to be SO, who is another Community member you think that should be considered for the position?

Lastly, the staff would like to encourage all players to PM >Sketch and/or >iAlwaysFail when you think an SO is not performing up to par with the standards an SO should be. All input shall be taken serious, as the normal player is what keeps our servers alive.

Thank you - Sketch, iAlwaysFail

I won't bother looking deeper, if you're referring to some other older bulletin and it ends up being true I shall rephrase

I'm actually flabbergasted that it's a written requirement.

Until then,

And if you don't want to represent sG I dunno why you would want to be an SO.

You obviously haven't read the thread.