Sign in to follow this  
Dyscivist

VirtualHats.jpg

Traded another unusual for it which I got this way:

947ad2be5e.png

you only got 60 bucks out of that?

damn girl, you coulda gone alot higher than that. Never sell unusuals on the market. it's a bad idea and you probably could have gotten a solid $90 off of that hat

also be careful yo. what you did to get that fedora, that's called sharking, and valve DOES trade ban for sharking.

Edited by siesan

you only got 60 bucks out of that?

damn girl, you coulda gone alot higher than that. Never sell unusuals on the market. it's a bad idea and you probably could have gotten a solid $90 off of that hat

Do you even know what the effect was? It's worth around 1.33 buds, which isn't even close to 90 bucks.

also be careful yo. what you did to get that fedora, that's called sharking, and valve DOES trade ban for sharking.

I don't know if that's true, but that'd be blatantly retarded were that the case as there's obviously no clear line between sharking and just trading positively.

Edited by Dyscivist

Do you even know what the effect was? It's worth around 1.33 buds, which isn't even close to 90 bucks.

I don't know if that's true, but that'd be blatantly retarded were that the case as there's obviously no clear line between sharking and just trading positively.

Lol i forgot about the effect, but i should have said that you shoulda waited, cause fancy fedoras are discontinued, and market values could skyrocket later, or not. It's all a waiting game

Also, I have seen valve do trade bans for sharking. I used to be big on the whole steamrep scene, and valve would find that trading an unusual for a few weps would be "unfair for newer players" see: http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=11105

they disabled idling because it was unfair to new players. they also said they will disable accounts who try to get around their new system) If the kid you sharked was an idiot and never realized, you're fine. If he did realize and just accepted that he got fucked, then you're fine. However, if he decides to contact support, then you are fucked. Usually they used to just do item returns, but sometimes I've seen em trade ban, and then the unusual gets stuck on the sharker's account

Edited by siesan

Idling and sharking are not the same thing. I'm still pretty confident Valve doesn't trade ban for sharking. If you could cite a single case where that's happened, I'll look at it.

Idling and sharking are not the same thing. I'm still pretty confident Valve doesn't trade ban for sharking. If you could cite a single case where that's happened, I'll look at it.

I'd have to do some looking. But most of the time you'll just get red flags on steamrep (and some trade servers auto-ban people marked on steamrep) which probably wouldn't be a big deal to someone like you anyway.