Sign in to follow this  
Agent

Fresh Start Ideas for New People?

Anyone have some good tips for me? I played a lot on the CSS server, and finally got to the Golden Tail Fox Samurai when the server just crashed for good. Nobody played it anymore. I now play the CS:GO server, and started on Saturday. I have used all the levels in the levelbank, but the issue is, its really hard to level up your classes when everyone is running around with the invis knife/tazer galore/ultimate hard to kill classes. Literally, within half a min, I just die. The only way I can really level up is from buying tomes, and camping in corners, which isn't fun. I have already maxed 3 classes, and hope to get to the RPG class. I don't know much of the classes, except the ones I've used in CSS Warcraft. If anyone has any good ideas/tips for new people, please share them! I would appreciate it.

When I started playing, I just grabbed a gun and prayed for the best. I stuck near Eddy, Xlite, and the other people I knew and got some kills with assistance from them... 

I don't know if there's a real "strategy" for new people, minus playing when the server is a little less populated. It's easier to learn the game when you don't have 4 people wanting your head at all times.

Edit: Also, welcome to CS:GO and the sG forums! Might wanna make an intro thread, tell them about how you like WC3 and stuff. They might recognize you and help you out in-game :)

Edited by Ichalvl

Thanks, I'll take heed and make the post tomarrow, when I get the time. For some reason, COX always picks the most opportune times to work on the internet...

Just fucking rush for Flame Predator, and run towards people to get kills with your ultimate.

But seriously, what Ichalvl said. It's easier to level up if you stick near people who tend to carry games or have high KDR. Even if it's just another person just starting out, stick near them. You get more kills, and shouldn't die as much.

Edited by SpecialBrownies

Uh, one of the best races in the game at the moment is Human Alliance, and they're level 1. If you really want to get a solid KDR over levelling races, just whore human alliance - They can't stop you unless you hit the 24:6 ratio.

Anyone have some good tips for me?

aim well, learn the races and stop complaining(very important)

I have used all the levels in the levelbank,

bad idea, you should always only add a couple levels into a new race so you can get at least a few skills to help you get started

its really hard to level up your classes when everyone is running around with the invis knife/tazer galore/ultimate hard to kill classes

this is coming from someone saying the starter races are bad when they are arguably some of the best in the server, you'll have more race diversity once the server gets filled up

Literally,

stop

The only way I can really level up is from buying tomes,

this is actually the best way to level as admins give cash every so often, you'll get 500xp from a level 30-40ish race as level1-10, that's if an ally doesnt take the kill and that is, of course, if he doesn't shit on you before you dent anything into him

the xp gain should be fixed

If anyone has any good ideas/tips for new people, please share them! I would appreciate it.

aim well, learn the races and stop complaining(very important)

If you really insist on going for more races,

put 25 into Human Alliance and 25 into Orcish. Play a few rounds as both. You should have Flame Pred unlocked as a race. Play that one. You can get quite a bit of xp.

Edited by KGame

My personal opinion on this is that new players should get familiar with shopmenu and betting to gain more money. Leveling in this mod is a lot harder compared to what it was like back in WCS1. Which, I won't lie it took me to get Undead Scourge from lvl 16 to 70 about 2-3 days. It is only getting worse because I can get about 6-8 tomes per map.

50xp base per kill

10xp base per kill assist

1000xp per tome of experience ($15000)

100xp per book of experience ($3000)

The one thing I don't understand, is why the Book of XP is 1/5 the price of the Tome, but 1/10 the yield of xp. Mathematics isn't its best subject obviously... should've studied more algebra.

buy the 15k tome. 1000 xp for 15k is way better than 100 xp for 3k

also, bind that shit to a key so you can just hit it when they give cash. 

i use the 0 key on the key pad

the bind for it would be

bind kp_ins "say shopmenu; menuselect 1; menuselect 4"

other binds to have would be your ability with +ability and ultimate with +ultimate. 

i use them on my C and V keys. 

i also have skillsinfo bound to see what my skills are.

Edited by Tortoise