Sign in to follow this  
Eddy

Jailbreak MOTD rework

/>

I feel it should be noted that on last requests, a T asking for a knife fight and immediately being stabbed in the back is not a valid way to conduct that LR

IMO that goes under no cheating since the t is not ready and has not acknowledged that the fight is starting.

IMO that goes under no cheating since the t is not ready and has not acknowledged that the fight is starting.

This

Also we spent close to an hour and a half making changes that we thought were necessary, we plan to submit it to staff on sunday, so if you haven't suggested anything and you would like to you have until then. Just remember everything suggested will not get accepted.

Edited by Eddy

This

Also we spent close to an hour and a half making changes that we thought were necessary, we plan to submit it to staff on sunday, so if you haven't suggested anything and you would like to you have until then. Just remember everything suggested will not get accepted.

So I now have a reason to enforce this rule, thank you.

It was removed because people who had any hint of a squeaky or prepubescent voice were excessively being restricted on the spot, without being offered a chance to prove their competence as a CT. As far as I know, the rule was originally introduced to bar out significantly immature and/or flat out incompetent CTs. Over time though, it felt like we were restricting them for laughs and giggles, rather than restricting them for being bad CTs.

Although, I have definitely noticed a recent influx of just plain awful CTs. A lot of which can be contributed to the loss of the no balls rule.

Personally, I feel that the rule should be reintroduced in a manner that allows competent younger players to remain playing on CT while being able to restrict those who have demonstrated nothing but complete incompetence. As it stands now, we give them a warning and tell them that the next time they make a mistake they will be restricted, when we know it's inevitable that they're going to catastrophically screw up again shortly after.

The thing is, I have never encountered a high-pitched CT who wasn't utterly incompetent and had no idea what he was doing. The closest I can think of is Brosiden, who has always had a moderately high voice but is still okay on CT. Lots of admins didn't/don't restrict him though. All this really changes is that I have to endure the noballs for a few minutes until he makes a mistake, then restrict him cause he doesn't know the rules.                       

The rules have always been T sided. Despite the fact that Ts only start with knives and get shot the instant they do something wrong, Ts win on average about 60-65% of the time. On no map do CTs win more. Ideally it should be 50-50. http://sg.gameme.com/maps/csgo3

Don't make it too easy for the Ts.

Yeah but, 60-65% of all players on the server are T's

I know that Shadow said the repeat rule will probably not come back (because of T's abusing it) but I've encountered some scenarios when either the person giving orders mic was terrible or if another CT was talking over the person giving orders. A single repeat would suffice but of course the person giving orders yell "IT WAS CLEAR!" when, at most, was only partially audible. This causes a lot of T's being killed and sitting out of the round for several minutes. 

I don't really have a solution for this but maybe if 3+ terrorists ask for a repeat, repeat it. Or just don't be an dick warden and repeat lol. 

It was removed because people who had any hint of a squeaky or prepubescent voice were excessively being restricted on the spot, without being offered a chance to prove their competence as a CT. As far as I know, the rule was originally introduced to bar out significantly immature and/or flat out incompetent CTs. Over time though, it felt like we were restricting them for laughs and giggles, rather than restricting them for being bad CTs.

Although, I have definitely noticed a recent influx of just plain awful CTs. A lot of which can be contributed to the loss of the no balls rule.

Personally, I feel that the rule should be reintroduced in a manner that allows competent younger players to remain playing on CT while being able to restrict those who have demonstrated nothing but complete incompetence. As it stands now, we give them a warning and tell them that the next time they make a mistake they will be restricted, when we know it's inevitable that they're going to catastrophically screw up again shortly after.

I think it should still be left up to admin discretion but be a bit more lenient before restricting them. I mean, Pope Platy was no balls like a year and a half ago and he's one of the most fun wardens on the server today (after his voice dropped down like a motherf***er lol)

Uh... I'll think of more rule changes later if I think of any
Edited by Dickbutt

Yeah we talked about putting the repeat every order once rule back in, but we realized it would be a waist of time, because shadow said it isn't coming back.

Also with the whole "no balls thing" I honestly do not want that rule back, because we have people on the server that get extremely screwed over by it. The  reason you guys keep bringing it up is because "they don't know the rules, or they fk" both of those are grounds for an admin to slay and then restrict.

Edited by Eddy

Yeah we talked about putting the repeat every order once rule back in, but we realized it would be a waist of time, because shadow said it isn't coming back.

Also with the whole "no balls thing" I honestly do not want that rule back, because we have people on the server that get extremely screwed over by it. The  reason you guys keep bringing it up is because "they don't know the rules, or they fk" both of those are grounds for an admin to slay and then restrict.

This ^

The rule was abused by admins too much so the privilege of having it has been lost. If the CT is incompetent then you're able to remove him for that reason though.

Edited by Oreo

On the repeat on order thing. Its not that they arent normally clear. Its all the fucking CT's that talk over. If we could get a plugin that mutes everyone but the first guy to type in warden then we could get rid of the non wardens typing in wardens first and the no clear orders at the beginning of the map. >_> 2 birds one stone?

Okay thats true Ich, i didnt think of the binding part. And i got hooked on Unreal 2 again and fell in love with the Marshall <_<

Edited by Sgt. Brick

On the repeat on order thing. Its not that they arent normally clear. Its all the fucking CT's that talk over. If we could get a plugin that mutes everyone but the first guy to type in warden then we could get rid of the non wardens typing in wardens first and the no clear orders at the beginning of the map. >_> 2 birds one stone?

First: What happened to your brick profile picture?

Second: I HATE servers that use things like !w or "type warden in chat" since everyone just binds it. It would make warden whoring even worse. I still wish the "repeat order at least once if the T's ask" rule would be implemented, because there is no line between "clear" and "not clear". 

we put a few rules into the motd that will stop this.

we're just waiting on dans approval 

Ok if you dont mind could you post them in a reply so i can see them... I've read most of it but i also already know most of it... x_x and my brain hurts trying to seperate the new from the old 

The rules that the SO's and I changed haven't been put into the motd yet, they are waiting approval, but when they are accepted they will probably post a thread with the changes that were made.

Posted · Hidden by TurtleFrenzy, July 15, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by TurtleFrenzy, July 15, 2013 - No reason given

a. Keep bitching complaining to a minimum.

Pls be politically correct. Kids are playing on sG servers

I'd say get rid of saying "No detours and no delays" completely and have it be assumed that its implied that you shouldn't.

Sure there are very brief moments of little fun, but overall it's just 5 words that don't need to be said after every order.

Edited by Travesty

/>

I'd say get rid of saying "No detours and no delays" completely.

Sure there are very brief moments of little fun, but overall it's just 5 words that don't need to be said after every order.

haha no fuck that.

/>

I'd say get rid of saying "No detours and no delays" completely.

haha no fuck that.
How come?

When thou doth say "Unstack, 1 step and freeze." If you take one step and are still stacked, then take another step because maybe someone else took the same one step you had taken, you are considered a rebel as you are moving when you should be frozen.

How can we fix this?

/>

When thou doth say "Unstack, 1 step and freeze." If you take one step and are still stacked, then take another step because maybe someone else took the same one step you had taken, you are considered a rebel as you are moving when you should be frozen.

How can we fix this?

I always took that to mean that you should be unstacked by one step not that you can only take one step. I haven't met anybody yet that's a big enough kill whore to count steps (unless its blatantly much more than 1 step).

This should be the first line in the MOTD.

Please remember this is a game is about having fun -- don't take it too seriously.

I'd say the majority of the culprits of this are either Server Officers and Admins. Staff are pretty good about it and certainly the people that aren't admins are there just to play and enjoy themselves. It's when power gets to their head that they stop enjoying jailbreak, and only enjoy being a warden (in every literal sense of the word) of the server.

ATTN: Spell [sO] and Eddy [sO]

Relax. It's a game; not your life. And if there's even a fraction of your being that thinks it is, maybe you need a break off of the computer.

Edited by Travesty

Posted · Hidden by Spell, July 17, 2013 - Unrelated
Hidden by Spell, July 17, 2013 - Unrelated

/>ATTN: Spell [sO] and Eddy [sO]

Relax. It's a game; not your life. And if there's even a fraction of your being that thinks it is, maybe you need a break off of the computer.

tumblr_lutuzbAgCM1qf2dlx.gif

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Spell, July 17, 2013 - Unrelated
Hidden by Spell, July 17, 2013 - Unrelated

tumblr_lutuzbAgCM1qf2dlx.gif

he_smiles.gif

Edited by Travesty

Please remember this is a game is about having fun -- don't take it too seriously.

I'd say the majority of the culprits of this are either Server Officers and Admins. Staff are pretty good about it and certainly the people that aren't admins are there just to play and enjoy themselves. It's when power gets to their head that they stop enjoying jailbreak, and only enjoy being a warden (in every literal sense of the word) of the server.

That's fine and all. We aren't here to make the server no fun at all. However, if you having fun is being a complete troll and otherwise obnoxious person, then there is an issue. Yeah, sG isn't my entire life, but guess what, It is still is a part of my life, since I am a member here. I do let a lot of stuff slide, not being a complete tyrant. If you all want to have fun, go for it. However do not think that you can have fun at the expense of everyone else on the server.

All in all, I am completely fine with having fun rounds, but all your gS group does is bad-mouth administrators and random members on the server, as well as troll the general populous. If you wish to continue this, make another thread, but don't bring it up here, since this is the motd thread.

Oh, and that rule is unlikely to get added, since it's a bit redundant.

Edited by Spell

Trav, I personally find you to be a cool funny guy, but a lot of the people around here don't - and this is why.

Having fun is great. That's the point of the game, yes, absolutely. However, when you're doing this, you need to make sure you aren't doing it at the expense of others' enjoyment. I've seen you do incredibly stupid things on the server that, while funny for you and others, were directly making another user or users' gameplay less enjoyable. And when your fun comes at the expense of others, that's when we have a problem.

So yeah. Have fun. But don't fuck over others when you're doin' it.

Edit: GG, Spell posted the exact same thing as me while I was typing.

Edited by Name