Sign in to follow this  
Dyscivist

GTA5 Gameplay Trailer

The whole point of gta is to not follow the rules, so I posted it in the pub.

Honestly their are very few companies that make better games then rockstar. For almost every other company its all about remakes and deadlines, if it was up to rockstar this game probably wouldn't come out for another 2 years, but they kinda ran out of time for the current gen.

I don't. Too busy pontificating about them.

So do you just read other's opinions and make them your own or do you watch gameplay videos and make your judgments based off of those? Have you considered making a career out of this? 

What's bad about it? I don't understand. I saw your critique of the scope earlier, which was dumb, but besides that what negatives about it do you have to bring up?

haha, crazy to me how no one else thinks certain aspects of that video stand out like a sore thumb. It's like parts are completely finished and parts are pre-alpha.

As for GTA games in general, the mechanics are all poor. The driving, the shooting, and the missions are done better elsewhere. The better question is, what do you think the game does well other than building a believable world? A believable world that is shitty to interact with isn't fun. The Saints Row games are less ambitious but are also more successful because they don't spend 90% of their development cycle only working on the world.

As for GTA games in general, the mechanics are all poor. The driving, the shooting, and the missions are done better elsewhere.

The driving in GTA4 really isn't bad. I don't know why you keep insisting it is. It's leagues better than any other sandbox game I've ever played, and I'd consider it more enjoyable than a lot of racing games I've played.

Anyways, it sounds like your gripe is with sandbox games in general, not GTA specifically. The reason it's forgivable to have less than completely perfect mechanics in some area is because they can be used congruently and variety allows for a lot of fun missions. It's unlike GOW in that you're not just going from one piece of chest-high cover to the next, shooting over and over until your brain becomes pudding and your dick falls off.

Also, the mechanics in Saints Row are garbage in comparison to GTA, despite the amount of time and effort they don't put into world-building. Everything's just consistently terrible in those games.

What else looks pre-alpha to you, other than the sniper scope that looks like a sniper scope?

Edited by Dyscivist

I've had considerably more fun in Saints Row than GTA.

I dislike the driving in GTA4. I made a long post like a year ago as to why GTA4 sucks.

I'm probably going to still buy GTA5 as I like the heists part of the story. I've yet to find a great robbery/heist game. The Heist just didn't meet my expectations.

I dislike the driving in GTA4. I made a long post like a year ago as to why GTA4 sucks.

I'm probably going to still buy GTA5 as I like the heists part of the story. I've yet to find a great robbery/heist game. The Heist just didn't meet my expectations.

Is cradle robbing just not enough for you anymore?

The driving in GTA4 really isn't bad. I don't know why you keep insisting it is. It's leagues better than any other sandbox game I've ever played, and I'd consider it more enjoyable than a lot of racing games I've played.

aaaaaahaha, this is one place where the internet generally agrees with me. GTA4's driving is shit.

The reason it's forgivable to have less than completely perfect mechanics in some area is because they can be used congruently and variety allows for a lot of fun missions.

Yeah, dude, I loved throwing darts with Roman and driving Little Jacob around. So fun.

What else looks pre-alpha to you, other than the sniper scope that looks like a sniper scope?

In other news, check out this impressive shot of BF4.

HZtPTw2.png

Is cradle robbing just not enough for you anymore?

It's not robbery. I put them back.

aaaaaahaha, this is one place where the internet generally agrees with me. GTA4's driving is shit.

Don't really care about what other people on the internet have to say. The cars in GTA4 actually feel like they have physicality, instead of just being rectangles that go exactly where you turn them with no degree of variance regardless of their speed.

Yeah, dude, I loved throwing darts with Roman and driving Little Jacob around. So fun.

More fun than Gears.