Sign in to follow this  
Shadow

[ARCHIVE] Warcraft 3 Bug and Issue Reports

it gets dumped on constantly already, and I was the only person to really successfully whore it in CSS. Even a drop to 40 would drastically improve the race.  With such a big handicap and with how much armor absorbs glock shots, pushing a max to 60 effectively cripples you until you hit level 40+

I spent yesterday at a 1.5 kdr to  4.0. The race is really good if you play it right, the glock sucks sure. It's tough to level but once* you get it there is good. Having said that maybe give a bit more of a headstart, beyond the standard levels. 

Edited by Wintergreen

I spent yesterday at a 1.5 kdr to  4.0. The race is really good if you play it right, the glock sucks sure. It's tough to level but once* you get it there is good. Having said that maybe give a bit more of a headstart, beyond the standard levels. 

Like reducing the level and increasing adjust the points accordingly? I agree.

Technically not a bug, but this seems to be more of a complaint thread anyways. Machine Gunner needs to have at least some weapon in the first two rounds. Spawning with just a knife and being unable to afford a machine gun is just a bummer.

Technically not a bug, but this seems to be more of a complaint thread anyways. Machine Gunner needs to have at least some weapon in the first two rounds. Spawning with just a knife and being unable to afford a machine gun is just a bummer.

Ok, you can now use pistols the first two rounds like Archimonde (who was in the same boat).

Today we pretty much confirmed that Tiny is the cause of many sudden server crashes. We don't know exactly what happened, but Tiny was shot by 2 players and upon being shot crashed the server. Plenty of eyewitnesses can confirm it, and it happened 2x in a row, one right after de_cbble_final loaded, on 1st round. My guess is something like Thorns is trying to cast off the damage that Tiny deals with its Craggy Exterior. Just a guess, but we can pretty much confirm Tiny is causing server crashes.

In other news, some important bits:

Soul Reaper

- Judgement's damage effect does not currently work.

- Withering Presence does nothing currently.

Hammerstorm

- Great Cleave (supposed to cause AOE damage from attacks) currently does nothing.

Recon Scout

- Is Vanish supposed to have footstep noises still audible? I recall it being silent in CSS and 1.6. Idk if this is feasible in GO, but the class could definitely use a buff on this skill.

Soul Stealer

(I did not confirm)

- Reported to only be getting 1 soul per kill at maxed. I think it's supposed to be more? I recall this happening to me as well.

Molecule

(I did not confirm)

- Reported to not be dealing back damage on knife attack when maxed. Possibly just bad luck, but I didn't get a chance to test. This skill used to work fine.

Succubus Hunter

- Complaints have been made that the skull-gets are rather random and sometimes unfairly so. I do not play this class so I have no opinion, but I do know that molotovs always give skulls upon damage received. This might be worth looking into.

Infected/Goliath/Cannibal

- Currently, Infected and Goliath can be 2 on one team. Cannibal is only 1 per team. This seems a bit odd, as Cannibal is far less tanky. 2 Goliaths can be pretty nasty, too.

Edited by Vexium

Today we pretty much confirmed that Tiny is the cause of many sudden server crashes. We don't know exactly what happened, but Tiny was shot by 2 players and upon being shot crashed the server. Plenty of eyewitnesses can confirm it, and it happened 2x in a row, one right after de_cbble_final loaded, on 1st round. My guess is something like Thorns is trying to cast off the damage that Tiny deals with its Craggy Exterior. Just a guess, but we can pretty much confirm Tiny is causing server crashes.

In other news, some important bits:

Soul Reaper

- Judgement's damage effect does not currently work.

- Withering Presence does nothing currently.

Hammerstorm

- Great Cleave (supposed to cause AOE damage from attacks) currently does nothing.

Recon Scout

- Is Vanish supposed to have footstep noises still audible? I recall it being silent in CSS and 1.6. Idk if this is feasible in GO, but the class could definitely use a buff on this skill.

Soul Stealer

(I did not confirm)

- Reported to only be getting 1 soul per kill at maxed. I think it's supposed to be more? I recall this happening to me as well.

Molecule

(I did not confirm)

- Reported to not be dealing back damage on knife attack when maxed. Possibly just bad luck, but I didn't get a chance to test. This skill used to work fine.

Succubus Hunter

- Complaints have been made that the skull-gets are rather random and sometimes unfairly so. I do not play this class so I have no opinion, but I do know that molotovs always give skulls upon damage received. This might be worth looking into.

Infected/Goliath/Cannibal

- Currently, Infected and Goliath can be 2 on one team. Cannibal is only 1 per team. This seems a bit odd, as Cannibal is far less tanky. 2 Goliaths can be pretty nasty, too.

Tiny: I will look into this tomorrow night when I have time or unless someone else gets to it before i do

Soul Reaper: Again, tomorrow night I will look into it

Hammerstorm: I will add in the cleave tomorrow night, no biggie

Recon Scout: Thorgot plz

Soul Stealer: It gains more than 1 soul per kill, I confirmed this myself when I was editing it the other day. It gains souls based on the enemy KDR, if the enemy has a bad KDR, you still gain at least 1 soul.

Molecule: Need a confirmation cuz it seems fine to me

Succubus: I recently changed the way it gains skulls to make it more balanced, I will look into the molotov thing tomorrow night

Cannibal: I will raise team limit to 2 tomorrow night.

If you join the server as a race that is already at it's limit, and change to glockness you can pick up (and maybe buy,) any gun you keep the Leech, but I didn't test if the ultimate worked for any gun.

If you join the server as a race that is already at it's limit, and change to glockness you can pick up (and maybe buy,) any gun you keep the Leech, but I didn't test if the ultimate worked for any gun.

Yeah basically if ur playing a gun race and hit the race limiter u can change to eg. infected get all the skills and none of the restrictions :)

Infected with a shotgun ftw :)

oh, I forgot to mention

Dreadknight
Corruption is not working properly... it works, but only very randomly/rarely it seems.

Edited by Vexium

Fixed trickster assassin expertise damage. For some reason it went from doing 5-10 damage usually to doing 1 every time. That should be fixed now.

Alistair Templar's ultimate is broke, once it's available, you can keep up the silence about 80% of the time. It doesn't give a countdown when you use it and makes it appear as you're not using the ultimate at all.

Alistair Templar's ultimate is broke, once it's available, you can keep up the silence about 80% of the time. It doesn't give a countdown when you use it and makes it appear as you're not using the ultimate at all.

Fixed, thanks for reminding me.

If the tiny problem is still afflicting the server, it might be related to something I used to abuse on WoW:WotLK private servers with reckoning proc'ing off of itself w/ Seal of Blood. If math happens correctly:

WoW:

Reckoning causes 5 instant attacks, each proc'ing Seal of Blood to damage yourself, which causes reckoning to proc again, creating a potentially-infinite loop that has a high chance to crash the entire server box.

CS:

Tiny gets shot, or knifes a person with thorns aura. Damage initially done procs one skill, which reflects and procs another, for a second potentially infinite loop that could lead to crashing the server using the same logic.

Again, if not already done, restrict reflected damage from activating damage reflect skills?

If the tiny problem is still afflicting the server, it might be related to something I used to abuse on WoW:WotLK private servers with reckoning proc'ing off of itself w/ Seal of Blood. If math happens correctly:

WoW:

Reckoning causes 5 instant attacks, each proc'ing Seal of Blood to damage yourself, which causes reckoning to proc again, creating a potentially-infinite loop that has a high chance to crash the entire server box.

CS:

Tiny gets shot, or knifes a person with thorns aura. Damage initially done procs one skill, which reflects and procs another, for a second potentially infinite loop that could lead to crashing the server using the same logic.

Again, if not already done, restrict reflected damage from activating damage reflect skills?

But reflect only happens 18% of the time. Even if a chain did start, it would only happen a few times before the roll failed, so that's probably not the cause of the crash. I'll still prevent magic damage from causing Tiny's damage reflect from going, though, since it wouldn't make sense for it to go off when someone thorns you or chain lightnings you or something.

I did notice that Night Elf's thorns does damage on a 0.1 second delay. Maybe there's a good reason for that, I'll try switching all thorns-like damage to that.

Are you doubting the RNG Gods?

Yeah, I really wouldn't doubt the RNG Gods. Reckoning had a 20% chance to proc from damage done in WoW and it would infinite-proc crash the server quite easily

I fixed some bugs and tweaked a few things this weekend.

Bugs:

• Fixed Trickster Assassin so it is available again.
  • Speed/invis/gravity in playerinfo should be working now. It was a really silly bug, I apologize it was broken for so long. Let me know if some part of it isn't working still.
  • Flimflam getting stuck zoomed in when awp is removed.

Tweaks:

• Flimflam's polymorph prevents abilities and ultimates.
  • Lowered trickster ultimate cooldown from 10 to 7 to make it actually possible to get through your barrels in a round.
  • Zombie now has a zombie model instead of a color.

​I also did tons of work (8+ hours) on two new races. I'm excited to be able to unveil them soon.

I fixed some bugs and tweaked a few things this weekend.

Bugs:

• Fixed Trickster Assassin so it is available again.
  • Speed/invis/gravity in playerinfo should be working now. It was a really silly bug, I apologize it was broken for so long. Let me know if some part of it isn't working still.
  • Flimflam getting stuck zoomed in when awp is removed.

Tweaks:

• Flimflam's polymorph prevents abilities and ultimates.
  • Lowered trickster ultimate cooldown from 10 to 7 to make it actually possible to get through your barrels in a round.
  • Zombie now has a zombie model instead of a color.

​I also did tons of work (8+ hours) on two new races. I'm excited to be able to unveil them soon.

Seriously Man, you put in a bunch of effort and don't get enough love. Thanks for being a cool kid.

One minor thing that is really bothering me though.

• Change Lurkers sneak attack skill now that Valve made a silenced pistol. Turn it into a useful skill, maybe a slow on hit skill or Dust of appearance on hit or even the pistol ammo extender, anything but sneak attack as all it is doing now is being a filler skill.
  • Give lurker a default gun on both teams (terrorists and CT's). On ct I get a 12 round silenced usp, but on T I get an unsilenced 13 round p2000.
Edited by HornyCat

Seriously Man, you put in a bunch of effort and don't get enough love. Thanks for being a cool kid.

One minor thing that is really bothering me though.

• Change Lurkers sneak attack skill now that Valve made a silenced pistol. Turn it into a useful skill, maybe a slow on hit skill or Dust of appearance on hit or even the pistol ammo extender, anything but sneak attack as all it is doing now is being a filler skill.
  • Give lurker a default gun on both teams (terrorists and CT's). On ct I get a 12 round silenced usp, but on T I get an unsilenced 13 round p2000.

Some people have said they preferred the hkp with the silencer skill to the silenced usp, though.