Sign in to follow this  
Shadow

[ARCHIVE] Warcraft 3 Bug and Issue Reports

Added a menu to see skill stats. Type skillstats to see a list of connected players and select one, or skillstats <playername> to go directly to a player's stats. The stats are currently unordered, sorting by kills, damage and deaths will come soon. And then top lists so you can see who is the best at everything!

• Fixed Pyro ultimate getting stuck. Some grenades may be glitchy and may just stick into the wall, but that's better than not having missiles for the rest of the round.

Pyro will now be able to attack instantly after receiving a grenade. This will still interrupt attacks in progress but if you click again you will immediately attack.

• Pyro will now be able to attack instantly after receiving a grenade. This will still interrupt attacks in progress but if you click again you will immediately attack.

Is this for when it spawns a grenade? How about other races with timed nade spawns, like Cursed Pharaoh and Smoke (off the top of my head)?

Is this for when it spawns a grenade? How about other races with timed nade spawns, like Cursed Pharaoh and Smoke (off the top of my head)?

I thought those already worked like that...

• You can now view the top players for a skill!
  • Search for a skill by typing skillstats <skill name> or select a skill in a player's skill stats.
  • You can sort the top skill stats by kills, damage, and deaths. Once the event starts you'll be able to sort by event kills and event damage as well.

Some fun things to try: skillstats stone form, skillstats flashbang, skillstats crit

• You can now view the top players for a skill!
  • Search for a skill by typing skillstats <skill name> or select a skill in a player's skill stats.
  • You can sort the top skill stats by kills, damage, and deaths. Once the event starts you'll be able to sort by event kills and event damage as well.

Some fun things to try: skillstats stone form, skillstats flashbang, skillstats crit

Is "crit" generalized or is there a difference between gunshots and crit nades? This is Ghoul's chance!

Is "crit" generalized or is there a difference between gunshots and crit nades? This is Ghoul's chance!

Crit is a general skill which 26 races deal damage with. Orc does "criticalnade" and "criticalstrike" damage due to having been written before the general extra damage function was added.

The races which currently do crit damage are Priest, Blademaster, Machinegunner, Soul Stealer, Dante, Night Elf, Alistair, SWAT, Glockness, Smoke, Persnickety, Soul Spectre, Trekts, Dread Knight, Luna, Kozu, Cannibal, Shadow Lurker, Adventurer, Shopkeeper, Swag7, New Game Plus, Gargoyle, Altana, Marine and Cultist. I will post this list in the event thread too.

Crit is a general skill which 26 races deal damage with. Orc does "criticalnade" and "criticalstrike" damage due to having been written before the general extra damage function was added.

The races which currently do crit damage are Priest, Blademaster, Machinegunner, Soul Stealer, Dante, Night Elf, Alistair, SWAT, Glockness, Smoke, Persnickety, Soul Spectre, Trekts, Dread Knight, Luna, Kozu, Cannibal, Shadow Lurker, Adventurer, Shopkeeper, Swag7, New Game Plus, Gargoyle, Altana, Marine and Cultist. I will post this list in the event thread too.

wait wat how does Marine do crit damage? is iDamageBonus considered crit?

wait wat how does Marine do crit damage? is iDamageBonus considered crit?

Yes, it is basically the weapon used for generic "extra damage".

Distortion fixes and tweaks:

• Fixed bug where the timer giving you blinks would stack every round you survive until you were getting them faster than you could use them.
  • Fixed bug allowing you to blink with the hostage if you mashed ultimate.
  • Lowered duration images would stick around by 1s
  • Lowered ability damage from 10/20/30 to 10/15/20.
  • Restricted health.

Xian tweaks:

• Reduced evasion from 33% to 25%
  • Increased ultimate cooldown from 4s to 5s.
  • Restricted regen and claw.

Face has been promoted to our newest position: General Server Artist

Expecting further updates to have visual graphs made by face :)

You should now be able to play (formerly) event races if you have the eggs from the event or the levels. This will work for a few months or until the next event.

Steve fixes coming to the server. Since the race is old, the changes won't go live until the next time server is restarted.(UPDATE: Should be live because thorgot is magical and/or I misunderstood him (probably the former))

http://i.imgur.com/jAWD99E.png

I don't intend anything to be a big buff. Fixing the regen required me to buff it for it to be similar (and it is exactly what I want, no need to reload but not human-marineable either).

In fixing the ult calculations I made it much more consistent. You will always get at least 30% (but most likely 40%) damage reduction or 40% bonus speed (but never both). If you get damage reduction you will 99% of the time lose speed as well (a maximum of 25% speed lost for a speed of 75%).

Bonus speed cannot pass 80% and damage reduction cannot pass 70%. It will probably often be much less than those two values though, so do not consider it to sometimes be a 5 second shadow hunter ult for the damage reduction. A 70% damage reduction ult should only happen if your team is getting rekt (overall kills are substantially higher for the other team). Because of the changes to the ult this is inherently a buff but the old ult was so buggy that it is more like a bug fix than a buff in my eyes.

If you are a nerd and want to see what the Steve ults will look like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/db1indb3o0eiomm/steveultcalcs.xlsx?dl=0

Change the cell for "kill diff" to either a positive or a negative number. A positive number indicates the opponents have that many more kills than you and a negative number the opposite.

The results should not differ beyond -30 and +30 kill differential. These extremes should rarely be reached because of the auto balance feature on the server.

Overall the race should feel a lot more consistent though and the bonus damage works (again?), that was the goal.

Edited by Face

As expected, your drawings are on point and thank you for fixing the race.

EDIT: Bulletford restricted the race already, but I was testing shadespawn with pancake thief on the server and noticed that he was dealing out massive damage. It turns out that even when I set my health to 10000, he was able to kill me in 2 hits with a glock to the foot. The first glock hit would hit me for 99997 and leave me with 3hp and the second hit would kill me. I tested this with multiple hp ranges and same thing kept happening, but that's about it. It probably has something to do with the viscious strike skill

Edited by HornyCat

http://i.imgur.com/5WxxDtO.png

Abaddon change in kills and deaths since it was nerfed.

Considering the relatively small number of kills and deaths since the nerf (598 kills and 252 deaths for a KD of 2.37) and the fact that me and x-men probably account for half of that (and are above average) it is obviously much better than the previous ~2.8kd.

I think as it approaches ~1000-1500 kills since the nerf the KD will approach 2.0-2.1, putting it exactly in line with a lot of the "strong" races.

If it stays hovering around ~2.3-2.4kd there are a few easy nerfs that won't hurt the race too bad but will lower KD slightly.

Edited by Face

Dialed back Sin's HP regen.

I swear to God, you buff a race and everyone loses their goddamn minds.