Sign in to follow this  
Shadow

[ARCHIVE] Warcraft 3 Bug and Issue Reports

Blu Scout's ultimate now deactivates if you start defusing the bomb. If you are defusing the ultimate will not activate.

And this is why we need Elemental Sorcerer back on the server. Get to it Thorgot.

Things currently wrong with cursed pharaoh (I blame it on Name)

1. Sometimes if the round ends and you are under the effect of speed boost, you will retain the speed boost for the entire next round or sometimes part of next round.

2. Has a usp on the first two rounds ( I actually really like cursed pharaoh as a usp race, it reminds of alucard from server 2). The truth is I wanted cursed pharaoh to be a usp race now that I've seen how well it meshes with it but I know this isn't going to happen.

3. Please fix the HP regen, it is extremely bipolar right now. Sometimes I'll stay still for 10 seconds and I'll get 15 hp, other times I will stay still for 60 seconds and receive no hp regen. Just make it a flat 5 hp every second.

4. The smoke is also a little bit bipolar. Same thing that happened with the HP regen happens with the smoke. I don't think the smoke timer resets after a round. I will occasionally get a smoke 5 seconds into a round and then other rounds I will get a smoke 45 seconds into a round. Cooldown for smoke should be lowered to 20 seconds so that you receive a smoke as the previous one finishes. Get rid of that redundant invisibility while in the smoke and make the speed boost last longer and have an even greater value when you pop out of the smoke. The area of the smoke grenade makes the current speed boost extremely ineffective when you try to close in on someone.

5. The extra damage at spawn is also slighty retarded. I was thinking of just replacing this skill with some type of x-ray while in the smoke so you can see your enemies only from within the smoke, but whatever.

Edited by HornyCat

And this is why we need Elemental Sorcerer back on the server. Get to it Thorgot.

Things currently wrong with cursed pharaoh (I blame it on Name)

1. Sometimes if the round ends and you are under the effect of speed boost, you will retain the speed boost for the entire next round or sometimes part of next round.

2. Has a usp on the first two rounds ( I actually really like cursed pharaoh as a usp race, it reminds of alucard from server 2). The truth is I wanted cursed pharaoh to be a usp race now that I've seen how well it meshes with it but I know this isn't going to happen.

3. Please fix the HP regen, it is extremely bipolar right now. Sometimes I'll stay still for 10 seconds and I'll get 15 hp, other times I will stay still for 60 seconds and receive no hp regen. Just make it a flat 5 hp every second.

4. The smoke is also a little bit bipolar. Same thing that happened with the HP regen happens with the smoke. I don't think the smoke timer resets after a round. I will occasionally get a smoke 5 seconds into a round and then other rounds I will get a smoke 45 seconds into a round. Cooldown for smoke should be lowered to 20 seconds so that you receive a smoke as the previous one finishes. Get rid of that redundant invisibility while in the smoke and make the speed boost last longer and have an even greater value when you pop out of the smoke. The area of the smoke grenade makes the current speed boost extremely ineffective when you try to close in on someone.

5. The extra damage at spawn is also slighty retarded. I was thinking of just replacing this skill with some type of x-ray while in the smoke so you can see your enemies only from within the smoke, but whatever.

Some of these aren't bugs, but I'll address them anyway:

Sandstorm is going to get additional functionality to gain a few feet of x-ray while in smoke, I just haven't gotten around to coding it yet.

Not sure why it's giving a USP. I'll try to subvert that but the way it's coded, it shouldn't be able to get one. Could be the same issue as Gargoyle.

The invis in smoke isn't redundant, as the skill is designed to persist for a brief duration after leaving smoke. Pharaoh is a tanky race, with 500 effective HP. I don't want to give it a ton of mobility, it'll just crush. The main thing that concerns me is why health regen still isn't functioning properly.

It lasts for 3 seconds. Stop teleporting 500 feet in the air.

It wasn't exactly me, but I saw it for myself. The map was speed castle and he was playing pistoleer. He was definitely not in the air for more than 3 seconds.

Edited by HornyCat

It wasn't exactly me, but I saw it for myself. The map was speed castle and he was playing pistoleer. He was definitely not in the air for more than 3 seconds.

Pistoleer doesn't have any fall damage protection at all. I think I made it that way because its teleport is so weak, so I figured it didn't need any.

Pistoleer doesn't have any fall damage protection at all.

Well there is the problem. Why not? You specifically told me any race that has a teleport skill has a 3 second grace period after teleporting.

Edited by HornyCat

Well there is the problem. Why not? You specifically told me any race that has a teleport skill has a 3 second grace period after teleporting.

It's customizable when you call teleport. Pistoleer is the only race to change the time setting, and it's set to 0.0 seconds.

I'll remove it, I agree that it should get the same protection.

It has been removed, Pistoleer now gets the full 3 seconds of fall damage protection.

It's customizable when you call teleport. Pistoleer is the only race to change the time setting, and it's set to 0.0 seconds.

I'll remove it, I agree that it should get the same protection.

Thank you based thorgot. Quick with the fixes as usual.

Steveand117 Master of War is spawning with 1 flash, 1 smoke, 2 HE. Skillsinfo still says 2 flash, 1 smoke, 1 HE. I don't know if this is a bug.

Steveand117 Master of War is spawning with 1 flash, 1 smoke, 2 HE. Skillsinfo still says 2 flash, 1 smoke, 1 HE. I don't know if this is a bug.

free HE yo

free HE yo

Not complaining, but it doesn't really seem like a buff or a nerf (it is really different only in certain situations) so I feel like it is accidental.

I looked at the code for master of war yesterday and couldn't find anything wrong with it. It is supposed to be 1 HE, 1 smoke, 2 flash, but for some unknown reason it is giving 2 HE instead of 2 flash. I recompiled and uploaded the race to the server with no results. I'll take another look today. 

I looked at the code for master of war yesterday and couldn't find anything wrong with it. It is supposed to be 1 HE, 1 smoke, 2 flash, but for some unknown reason it is giving 2 HE instead of 2 flash. I recompiled and uploaded the race to the server with no results. I'll take another look today. 

Cool, that is a weird bug. It isn't really a huge deal because it isn't much of a buff or nerf to the race (imo at least), it is just different.

Pyromaniac isn't giving flashes on first ultimate so it fucks you on the missile limit, and even when given a flash to use your missile count, it fails to give a flash anyways the next time you use it.

Cool, that is a weird bug. It isn't really a huge deal because it isn't much of a buff or nerf to the race (imo at least), it is just different.

Most bugs happen after a game update and it takes a lot of digging into to find the root cause of it. One time there was an update where you can't bounce grenades off chickens anymore and something really random like invisibility stopped working.

A round of buffs!

• Sin, due to the shop menu nerf and a longstanding complaint about having bonus health capacity but no good way to fill that capacity, gains 1-7 health regen while stationary.
  • Luna's Lucent Beam bonus damage now caps at 13-15.
  • Holy Juggernaut now has bonus HP on par with other races, capping at 50. (Looking at you Human Alliance!) Additionally, lowered cooldown on his ultimate at all ranks, capping at .8 seconds at max rank (Previously 1 second).

A round of buffs!

• Sin, due to the shop menu nerf and a longstanding complaint about having bonus health capacity but no good way to fill that capacity, gains 1-7 health regen while stationary.
  • Holy Juggernaut now has bonus HP on par with other races, capping at 50. (Looking at you Human Alliance!) Additionally, lowered cooldown on his ultimate at all ranks, capping at .8 seconds at max rank (Previously 1 second).

MFW I maxed sin yesterday

zGP9DsE.gif

Now has a lower cooldown than Sensei, Name pls.

Sensei on .5 sec CD pls.

Now has a lower cooldown than Sensei, Name pls.

Sensei on .5 sec CD pls.

We agreed a while back to give sensei a 1 second cooldown but I am definitely up for reopening that discussion. I really want a .5 cooldown on sensei too bro.

A round of buffs!

Not that I am complaning about the much needed buffs to these races, but there are much more pertinent things like fixing cursed pharoah as you said you would. It still can buy a gun in the first 3 rounds and the hp regen still doesn't work. If the race can't be worked on right now, at least restrict it rather than leave the broken race playable.

Edited by HornyCat

We agreed a while back to give sensei a 1 second cooldown but I am definitely up for reopening that discussion. I really want a .5 cooldown on sensei too bro.

Not that I am complaning about the much needed buffs to these races, but there are much more pertinent things like fixing cursed pharoah as you said you would. It still can buy a gun in the first 3 rounds and the hp regen still doesn't work. If the race can't be worked on right now, at least restrict it rather than leave the broken race playable.

another race has had this same bug for months but let's focus on this one! Fixed gun bug, gave it some passive HP regen till I can figure out the standing still bullshit which should be working fine

Sensei's jump is like, twice as strong as Juggernaut's