Sign in to follow this  
ChosenOne2000

New R&R Q&A

But do we still get to nominate ourselves or do the people have to wait for staff to notice them from the servers?

The current stipulation is members don't nominate themselves. Staff will nominate and select Es and VETs

The current proposals are:

- Utilizing the private messages to staff for players to self nominate

- A quarterly review of L3s and Es for promotions and demotions

Example: If we authorize 10 total VET slots and 3 are demoted for inactivity or being derps; staff would screen L3s and Es for 3 possible promotions to VET.

This would be an internal process.

You're just mad because you might lose vet

Meh, I dont play the servers anymore for the free admin to benefit me, and the cool perks on the forums that used to go with vet dont apply anymore, so not really.

I do find it funny though, that all the active members who earned their rank by being in the clan and what not for 3+ years (almost 6 in my case) are about to *probably* get the shaft from a bunch of staff who've been around half as long, if that.

But like i said. I dont really care because my veteran status to me just means a purple name and a title. I can't change my user title anymore as a veteran, I don't play the servers much anymore (I might get into WCS if it's any good, but i doubt it). I just believe the people who are currently vet's have actually earned their rank, and dont deserve to have it stripped because of a stupid overhaul of a rank system that isn't broken.

edit: on the topic of questions, If everyone loses their rank (If that is indeed what ends up happening) How will anyone get 2 veteran referrals to become a veteran when there are no veterans?

Edited by Nitestalker

/>I do find it funny though, that all the active members who earned their rank by being in the clan and what not for 3+ years (almost 6 in my case) are about to *probably* get the shaft from a bunch of staff who've been around half as long, if that.

Because joining and then being inactive or posting on the forums every once in awhile is such a valuable contribution to the community.

If it were up to me, I'd demote everyone and make everyone reapply

Because joining and then being inactive or posting on the forums every once in awhile is such a valuable contribution to the community.

I nor a bunch of the current vets are inactive and only post "once in a while".

I'm on the forums every day, and occasionally contribute to the community when its not a huge clusterfuck of faggotry(I'll be honest, theres not much i can as a regular member do to contribute, so idk what you really want). And there are others too who are active in the servers as well as the forums.

I guess i should be glad that is it not just up to you.

I nor a bunch of the current vets are inactive and only post "once in a while".

I'm on the forums every day, and occasionally contribute to the community when its not a huge clusterfuck of faggotry(I'll be honest, theres not much i can as a regular member do to contribute, so idk what you really want). And there are others too who are active in the servers as well as the forums.

I guess i should be glad that is it not just up to you.

I've seen the activity logs. There are plenty of vets that get on once a month. I didn't mean you specifically, but basing rank on tenure is a stupid concept.

I've seen the activity logs. There are plenty of vets that get on once a month. I didn't mean you specifically, but basing rank on tenure is a stupid concept.

Well yeah, people who log on once a month or less than that, who never did anything to begin with except stay in the clan for a long time shouldn't keep their rank. But to remove everyone's would be silly. there are plenty of people who still deserve it and to make them re apply would be a huge waste of staffs - and their- time.

I already removed the inactive VETs.

Criteria for VETs:

- You logged on in 2013

I gave VETs more latitude than the SEs and Es with inactivity.

I'm against mass demotions, but I support activity and contribution reviews. VETs should be an example of what a sG member should aspire to be. If they troll, flame, and get infractions; they shouldn't be rewarded for this behavior. The current system is broken. The new system is a step in the right direction that rewards service versus "I signed up on a website before the other guy, so that makes me special".

Guest Fohacidal

I have a sG feed implanted into my brain. I never logoff

To me the title/ranks just displayed for how long someone has been with the clan.

This new system sounds like you are trying to make it more of a corporation and not a community, in which the ranking system displays who can call the shots and who is above whom. Adding to that you have VET positions you can fire people from? Is that for the people who have been afk a long period of time and you just want to purge the ranks this one time? Do simple community members have to report their comings and goings to the clan? Are VETs supposed to be the second SOs?

Seems to me like you are trying to incorporate the E and VET to the STAFF somehow?

Although I do agree that people shouldn't be awarded for getting in the clan then going MIA for 2 years then coming back to get seniority... In my opinion just taking the seniority status away from the old (and somewhat loyal) members sounds a bit gay and not doesn't really reflect the "casual gamers lounge" atmosphere.

We live in interesting times sG | :)

Edited by xmen

To me the title/ranks just displayed for how long someone has been with the clan.

This new system sounds like you are trying to make it more of a corporation and not a community, in which the ranking system displays who can call the shots and who is above whom. Adding to that you have VET positions you can fire people from? Is that for the people who have been afk a long period of time and you just want to purge the ranks this one time? Do simple community members have to report their comings and goings to the clan? Are VETs supposed to be the second SOs?

Seems to me like you are trying to incorporate the E and VET to the STAFF somehow?

Although I do agree that people shouldn't be awarded for getting in the clan then going MIA for 2 years then coming back to get seniority... In my opinion just taking the seniority status away from the old (and somewhat loyal) members sounds a bit gay and not doesn't really reflect the "casual gamers lounge" atmosphere.

We live in interesting times sG | :)

I think you are taking it a bit the wrong way. >.<

Since we have had ranks, they weren't supposed to be solely for the purpose of showing how long someone has been around. Since I can remember they were supposed to not only show that, but be proven as examples of the community and show their efforts within the community. This is why there are rewards and perks to raising the ranks in the system. 

At least that's how I have always taken it.

Yeah what I meant with that is:

If you keep admining the servers as a VET for 4 years and keep helping around...

Then you go afk for 1 year...

Come back and community has abandoned you and nulled your status back to beginning and you have to start over...

That doesn't sound that fair IMO.

And yeah, I do understand that's why you have the 30 day + 30 day waiting period but does that really quarantee you get your status back? Or can your VET spot be filled by a newer member?

Guest Fohacidal

Well that's why they are suggesting if you feel you are going to have an LOA, let them know.

What about a ragequit to form another clan absence? I want to know if I do that and come back and I can at least get paypal access back again. Or at the very least have no limitations on the amount of that absence I can take.

What about a ragequit to form another clan absence? I want to know if I do that and come back and I can at least get paypal access back again. Or at the very least have no limitations on the amount of that absence I can take.

My golly, I feel so important. All you ever bitch about is me. You must really like me, bby. <3

Edited by BeauutifulChaos

Guest Fohacidal

My golly, I feel so important. All you ever bitch about is me. You must really like me, bby. <3

Who said I was talking about you?

So

L1 = L1

L2 = L2

L3 = L3

Meaning if your L3 right now you will stay a L3 right now?

Meaning if your L2 right now you will stay a L2 right now?

Meaning if your L1 right now you will stay a L1 right now?

Who said I was talking about you?

It was kind of obvious...

This threads getting off track though. I have a question. Will there be a serious infraction system set in place for the people who dont know how to count or add their name to the count list when voting on recruits?

I think it should be enforced that you should 1.) learn to fucking count, and add correctly. and B)(edit, fucking coolface) 2.)add your forum name as it appears on your profile to the count, not some stupid name 3 people know you by.

Edited by Nitestalker

So

L1 = L1

L2 = L2

L3 = L3

I'm guessing yes...

2.)add your forum name as it appears on your profile to the count, not some stupid name 3 people know you by.

This!

Edited by xmen

Guest Fohacidal

1.) learn to fucking cunt, and add correctly.

wat

So

L1 = L1

L2 = L2

L3 = L3

I don't have any plans to mess with the Ls. Its harder to make L2-3 in the current system than the new system.

wat

People seem to be unable to count when looking at previous posts in application threads, and dont know how to add just 1 to the count when they vote. I imagine it will be harder for people to add when they try and recount the shit with the addition of some votes counting for 2.

It's also really fucking annoying when people add to the vote, but add some stupid name, or no name at all

People seem to be unable to count when looking at previous posts in application threads, and dont know how to add just 1 to the count when they vote. I imagine it will be harder for people to add when they try and recount the shit with the addition of some votes counting for 2.

It's also really fucking annoying when people add to the vote, but add some stupid name, or no name at all

I think he was saying "wat" to the fact you accidentally wrote "cunt".