Sign in to follow this  
Ichalvl

Can we please ban all this "selling freekills for credits" stuff?

I've been playing JB a lot in the past week or so and just about every round Countersniper or someone else will offer to "freekill any T" for x amount of credits. Earlier today, IHerdCows and XMen told him he'd be restricted if he did, so now people will do stuff like "will sell any LR for credits", "will play any game for credits", etc etc. It's really starting to be annoying, as just about every round someone'll gift the warden 20 or so credits and we'll do the same damn game, and overall I feel it isn't fair.

Basically, can we make it so credits are purely for gifting to others, there are no / cannot be any strings attached.

I really love the shop but I'd hate to see it leave because of so many people abusing it.

Just my two cents.

Check out Mr British's thread too, he has more valid points on the topic. http://www.joinsg.net/topic/54573-jb-bribes/

Edited by Ichalvl

I couldn't agree more with this, especially considering I came here with the intentions to make this same post...It's becoming very consistent seeing CT's post things like that, and I even encountered one a few minutes ago who said, "Mass freekill for 100 credits." This is stupid, and either a note in the shop or the MOTD stating this is a punishable offence, should be made.

I couldn't agree more with this, especially considering I came here with the intentions to make this same post...It's becoming very consistent seeing CT's post things like that, and I even encountered one a few minutes ago who said, "Mass freekill for 100 credits." This is stupid, and either a note in the shop or the MOTD stating this is a punishable offence, should be made.

Check out Mr. British's thread as well, he offers some more valid points and overall explains it better than I did. Probably because he's british.

Ok... countersniper is one of the biggest kill whores which is bad enough.

Now this? 

I think he started doing it because, for some unknown reason, he seems to think kill whoring is now 100% allowed, then took that thought and expanded it to "I have admin+ I can do whatever the fuck I want."

Gifting is now disabled.

Is this really the best option? We're losing features now because of exploitation, when we should just be banning the exploit.

If you really want to gift credits to a friend, join a different server and do it there.

I actually feel this is a REALLY nice comprimise then. The in-game trading of credits for perks has been rendered useless, though with ~1 minute more of work you can still gift credits to friends. 

Since there's already enough abuse when an SO or admin isn't on, I feel this is the best alternative to banning.

How the fuck am I going to win Apuchu's actions and get him to serenade me?

YOU'RE KILLING THE SHOP

Whoa, just read your sig. If only I got a screenshot of Wright calling everyone faggots.

I've been playing JB a lot in the past week or so and just about every round Countersniper or someone else will offer to "freekill any T" for x amount of credits. Earlier today, IHerdCows and XMen told him he'd be restricted if he did, so now people will do stuff like "will sell any LR for credits", "will play any game for credits", etc etc. It's really starting to be annoying, as just about every round someone'll gift the warden 20 or so credits and we'll do the same damn game, and overall I feel it isn't fair.

Basically, can we make it so credits are purely for gifting to others, there are no / cannot be any strings attached.

I really love the shop but I'd hate to see it leave because of so many people abusing it.

Just my two cents.

Check out Mr British's thread too, he has more valid points on the topic. http://www.joinsg.net/topic/54573-jb-bribes/

That's called favouritsm and it's not allowed...

Can't do that... all the games have to be fair for all the participants...

Edited by xmen

That's called favouritsm and it's not allowed...

I know it's not allowed, though he states that it is. If I thought it was allowed I wouldn't have made a topic on it.

ALSO YISS 100 FUCKING POSTS! Now I can apply for sG! :D

Edited by Ichalvl

To Ichalvl just some advice that was given to me (fucking quoting is broken on my phone for some reason) wait a bit before you apply and let your presence become known rather than rushing in and applying. Of course I'm not exactly an expert on these kinds of things, just what I was told.

Of course the jailbreak server would find a way to ruin part of the plugin I put on the server. I left gifting so you could help out friends or give out credits to others. I would be completely okay if you guys were doing trivia and giving credits as rewards. But demanding credits to affect gameplay and to accept LR for fuck sake. Obviously this isn't acceptable behavior. If anyone is caught selling credits for any sort of profit expect a 5 day or longer ban. If you sell credits for money and the transaction is found out to be completed expect a perma-ban for the seller as well as whoever bought the credits to have their credits reset to 0. I am going to create a store sticky in server general soon. All this and other information will be found in that sticky.

Seriously guys take something fun and harmless and twist it. This is why more staff members don't try to write fun custom plugins because you guys will find ways to abuse it.

Of course the jailbreak server would find a way to ruin part of the plugin I put on the server. I left gifting so you could help out friends or give out credits to others. I would be completely okay if you guys were doing trivia and giving credits as rewards. But demanding credits to affect gameplay and to accept LR for fuck sake. Obviously this isn't acceptable behavior. If anyone is caught selling credits for any sort of profit expect a 5 day or longer ban. If you sell credits for money and the transaction is found out to be completed expect a perma-ban for the seller as well as whoever bought the credits to have their credits reset to 0. I am going to create a store sticky in server general soon. All this and other information will be found in that sticky.

Seriously guys take something fun and harmless and twist it. This is why more staff members don't try to write fun custom plugins because you guys will find ways to abuse it.

Sadly you're entirely right, I hate how so many people will killwhore / abuse the new things they add. That's the one folley to sG's community.