Sign in to follow this  
Kordless

Vent vs Vent Cell

i. CTs may only enter the vent if they see a T enter. Once in the vent, you must actively pursue the rebelling terrorist. Any kills resulting from camping in the vents or armory will be considered a freekill.

Edited by Eddy

5. Camping Policy

a. CTs may camp (while watching the Ts) as long as they are not the last CT.

b. CTs may not camp the armory/vent entrances/exits.

i. CTs may only enter the vent if they see a T enter. Once in the vent, you must actively pursue the rebelling terrorist. Any kills resulting from camping in the vents or armory will be considered a freekill.

Pretty sure this has been discussed multiple times before and the consensus has always been that you can chase them down the vent if you see them enter the vent cell. Search the forums for vent cell and look at past discussions

/>

Everyone is saying you can't follow if it's a random vent in the map that they went through, not the vent cell. If you're following them around the map and all of a sudden they disappear and you see an open vent, you can't follow them into it.

On the other hand, if you see them run into vent cell and then disappear with an open vent there, you can follow them.

The argument between the two is that they could've gone other places on the map that you didn't see, and you could be ass raping a different T that went through the vent you found around the corner. Saves admins from the QQ

/>

Everyone is saying you can't follow if it's a random vent in the map that they went through, not the vent cell. If you're following them around the map and all of a sudden they disappear and you see an open vent, you can't follow them into it.

On the other hand, if you see them run into vent cell and then disappear with an open vent there, you can follow them.

The argument between the two is that they could've gone other places on the map that you didn't see, and you could be ass raping a different T that went through the vent you found around the corner. Saves admins from the QQ

/>

If this is true, then the MOTD needs to be updated. The rule itself was never changed in the MOTD nor was there an added specification on exceptions to the rule. I could argue Daniel changed his mind or it was decided not to be implimented but I am not aware of why this rule wasn't changed if this was stated. With all due respect to Daniel, if he's going to state new rules or changes to the rules, he needs to add them to the MOTD.

5. Camping Policy

b. CTs may not camp the armory/vent entrances/exits.

This reminds me, are CTs allowed to deliberately stare into vent cells for an extended amount of time? Not actually sit in the vent cell of course, but be looking into it from a distance. I've always thought they were never allowed to do this and the MOTD supports this as far as I can tell, but some people are saying otherwise now.

Last time I checked common sense was an active rule in our servers, this saves the staff from writing 600 pages describing every single fucking detail because no one can figure it out themselves.

Last time I checked common sense was an active rule in our servers, this saves the staff from writing 600 pages describing every single fucking detail because no one can figure it out themselves.

I believe it still is, but there's so many fucking Killwhores nowadays that you HAVE to describe EVERY possible situation - Otherwise the killwhores will kill almost everyone with some sort of "excuse".

I believe it still is, but there's so many fucking Killwhores nowadays that you HAVE to describe EVERY possible situation - Otherwise the killwhores will kill almost everyone with some sort of "excuse".

Well, that's when you put into action the "slay" "kick" "ban" "ct" commands and tell them to fuck off.

Why does everyone want to make the killwhores have a better experience when playing. 

If they can killwhore without any stupid ass backwards loophole bullshit then they almost deserve the kills.

Well, that's when you put into action the "slay" "kick" "ban" "ct" commands and tell them to fuck off.

Why does everyone want to make the killwhores have a better experience when playing. 

If they can killwhore without any stupid ass backwards loophole bullshit then they almost deserve the kills.

Well, for example if warden says "shift walk to the orange line" and the T accidentally slips his finger at first, and for ~3 feet he runs instead of walks, that's a "valid" kill. All of their kills are "valid", so I guess they almost do deserve the kills. They sometimes start pushing boundaries and that's when rules like if you can enter vent if they go into vent cell must come into place. 

lol ok

It's been this way forever

You haven't been playing JB long enough to even say that.

This reminds me, are CTs allowed to deliberately stare into vent cells for an extended amount of time? Not actually sit in the vent cell of course, but be looking into it from a distance. I've always thought they were never allowed to do this and the MOTD supports this as far as I can tell, but some people are saying otherwise now.

We had a thread about this but it was lost in the rollback. The verdict I believe was that you were allowed to stare as long as you weren't in the path of the vent. But then again, I don't see the difference from sitting with an awp trained on the vent and sitting two feet from the vent staring at it. Somehow the two are different and the first scenario is allowed.

Edited by Oreo

You haven't been playing JB long enough to even say that.

We had a thread about this but it was lost in the rollback. The verdict I believe was that you were allowed to stare as long as you weren't in the path of the vent. But then again, I don't see the difference from sitting with an awp trained on the vent and sitting two feet from the vent staring at it. Somehow the two are different and the first scenario is allowed.

Longer than you.

Unless MOTD is changed, the rules stand.  Been that way since forever ago.  

Side note..  If you kill the fucking T you were chasing in vent.  Don't keep searching through vent.  GTFO and get back to the Warden and his bitches!

Longer than you.

I didn't know you've been here since 2009. I'm pretty sure you came to sG in 2011 and were brought here by Klark.

Edited by Oreo