Sign in to follow this  
Dinosaur

CS:GO Credit Shop Crisis

Hey gais, Dinosaur here. I made a forum account just to address an issue that I see with the Credit Shop. I was recently inside the server when they announced these ridiculous prices.

$5 = 5,000 Credits

$10 = 10,000 Credits

$15 = 15,000 Credits

$20 = 25,000 Creidts

I don't know about you guys, but I don't really feel like we should have to spend $20 just to be 10k short of the Batman skin.

I understand that sG is doing this to get some cash (to hopefully put it towards the server) but seriously. If the staff of sG still cannot see the ridicule of these prices, let me put it in perspective.

League of Legends, a very popular MOBA RTS, allows you to get everything with in-game earned credits except for one thing. Skins. These skins, which are sold at very large volumes, usually run you around $2 - $3 for regular skins, or at most $5 for just a premium skin (not Pulsefire Ezreal you LoL players haha). Now if you think about it, people buy probably more than just one skin. Why? Because it's fun to accesorize. So do you think they would be more sucessful selling one skin for upwards of $20 and making $20 a pop per paying customer? Or Selling maybe 10-20 skins at $3 a pop. Think about it.

Hopefully someone of sG will actually read this, because I was bored and typed this up in the span of 3 or so rounds.

Edited by Dinosaur

I have to go through all the prices and fix them along with the credits you receive. The store is relatively new and it is more important I fix all the bugs first. The store packages will not change, but the items will be adjusted around those prices.

I have to go through all the prices and fix them along with the credits you receive. The store is relatively new and it is more important I fix all the bugs first. The store packages will not change, but the items will be adjusted around those prices.

If you want to make some credits faster, play Zombie escape which offers alot more credits and is great fun!

This.

Also welcome to our forums! :)

I'm still trying to get that bowlcut tag.

Shadow removed the Bowlcut tag because he doesn't like me, and doesn't want any fun to happen in the servers

all skins are released with champions are 975, though. it's just a name. it's still $10 for most new skins, and they sometimes will release new ones at 750 RP, but most are going to be 975 RP. they said they were releasing only 10-20% for 750 RP, and 50-75% for 975. 15-30% or so are going to be more expensive than 975 RP. so basically, most skins are $10, and not $2-3 like this guy is saying. that's a low ball to the max. he's also comparing a game with millions of players vs our server with maybe a few hundred that cycle through per week.

source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/skin-rp-price-changes-0