Sign in to follow this  
Pinoy

Stolen XBox Live Prepaid Cards

My friend stole "$300 worth" of XBox LIVE prepaid cards, which would exactly be 6 13 month cards.

As you know they have to be activated through the register, but how are they activated?

I notice the magnet strip that the card has, so I'm guessing it slides somewhere, through a credit card machine maybe?

If I went to my local super market, went to the self-checkout line, and swiped the cards, do you think they would work?

I was thinking it might act like a credit card, and send the information to M$ or something to activate the code.

Any ideas on this one?

It is either read by the magnetic strip or by a long barcode and processed by the store's register when the transaction is paid for. I've worked retail where they sold these. There is no way to activate them without paying for it. Those cards are worthless.

It's on those cheap, flimsy plastic things so that you just hang them, so it only has a magnet strip, nothing else.

So much for stealing them, I was going to try and scan them somewhere else.

Maybe we'll take them back, and say they were a gift, but weren't activated at the time of purchase.

Atleast, that's what 1-800-4MYXBOX told me.

Guest Fohacidal
It's on those cheap, flimsy plastic things so that you just hang them, so it only has a magnet strip, nothing else.

So much for stealing them, I was going to try and scan them somewhere else.

Maybe we'll take them back, and say they were a gift, but weren't activated at the time of purchase.

Atleast, that's what 1-800-4MYXBOX told me.

Even if you did scan them, you would have to PAY for them

Even if you did scan them, you would have to PAY for them

They are not encased or anything.

I meant scan them, swipe them, whatever through a credit card machine.

They are activated when bought, they are just a piece of cardboard as of right now. Sell 'em on Ebay, see what you can get.

So no swiping will help? :(.

Friend has been trying to sell them at school.

We got one buyer at $20, lol.

Card board Oreo? lol

Its plastic....

I lol'd too.

Scam everyone on eBay. Sell them for about a half of the price, people will go nuts.

And make a new account when you do it or something, you're going to be getting negative rep.

Scam everyone on eBay. Sell them for about a half of the price, people will go nuts.

And make a new account when you do it or something, you're going to be getting negative rep.

Lol, I'd sell them for like $20, saying that I own a GameStop, and that I have a surplus of xbl cards.

Do you want me to get a screenshot of mine Zan? I guarentee it's cardboard. I bought it from GameStop.

I'd want one.

I wanna see.

Post it here.

Guest some fag

My friend jacked a 13 month and a 1600 points card from Walmart. Both worked. I jacked 3 4000 point cards, but none of them worked.

I think he may have been lying... Either way, I've heard from many that it works.

Guest some fag
All of the stores in my area that sell all the xbox cards are in display cases locked. :(

I'd gladly steal some to test this out but I can't. I'll try to devise a plan.

Those are likely the ones that come in the blister packs, right? I think those can be stolen and entered as is... I think the fact that they are in those packs and locked up is a sign of that.

The only way they work is if they are scanned through the store's POS system. They will not give you a refund either, even if you had a receipt. They are non-refundable.

I did see a person at Walmart activating gift cards as she was stocking them once. I just about worked up the courage to nab them too but they were only $10 a piece and there was just the one walmart in town to use them at.

Don't scam anyone. Get some fucking morals and get a job. This is why the world is going to shit because people don't want to work for shit anymore. I agree Microsoft sucks ass and should charge to be online, but thats the way it is. Respect for yourself, and others. You don't want to be a shitbag noone will trust

If that's the case then I'll just go to a shitty place like Target, because they have the XBox LIVE premium boxes hanging out in the open.

Just take my pocket knife, swipe, and grab the cards. Maybe the camera too, or anything else in it that's worth taking.

Not going to risk Best Buy, as they're my favorite store, and I wouldn't want to steal from there, lol.

As for getting a job, I'm 15, but rarely will someone hire anyone under 16.

I bought my xbox myself, my computer myself, my monitor myself, all by saving.

Something as easy as this, I can't wait to save money for.

Guest some fag
If that's the case then I'll just go to a shitty place like Target, because they have the XBox LIVE premium boxes hanging out in the open.

Just take my pocket knife, swipe, and grab the cards. Maybe the camera too, or anything else in it that's worth taking.

Not going to risk Best Buy, as they're my favorite store, and I wouldn't want to steal from there, lol.

As for getting a job, I'm 15, but rarely will someone hire anyone under 16.

I bought my xbox myself, my computer myself, my monitor myself, all by saving.

Something as easy as this, I can't wait to save money for.

McDonalds.

im dissapointed in u...... and how come u never respond wehn i talk to u in xbl

McDonalds.

Kids from my high school already have those jobs taken.

BTW, I do literally live right behind a McDonalds.

im dissapointed in u...... and how come u never respond wehn i talk to u in xbl

Disappointed in me?

I do what I can to survive, in this case steal to play.

I don't respond, because I don't want to die.

Kids from my high school already have those jobs taken.

BTW, I do literally live right behind a McDonalds.

Disappointed in me?

I do what I can to survive, in this case steal to play.

I don't respond, because I don't want to die.

steal to survive...... i think u mean steal to get the shit beat outta u by cops :D

and u dont respond cuz u no ill kill u in halo :D

(just respond when ur dead or pause the game....)

steal to survive...... i think u mean steal to get the shit beat outta u by cops :D

and u dont respond cuz u no ill kill u in halo :D

(just respond when ur dead or pause the game....)

Uh no. There's a super small chance you will get caught, because theres a piece of plastic in your pocket.

I don't respond because I can't pause a LIVE game, and I never die.

I don't even play Halo anymore, it really got boring after the first week I got it.

Now CoD4 on the other hand..

I too steal stuff. Based on the simple reason, it's their fault for being fucking retarded enough to leave doors unlocked. People love to commit crime and get stuff for free, plenty of kids steal shit, although maybe not to my degree.

Uh no. There's a super small chance you will get caught, because theres a piece of plastic in your pocket.

I don't respond because I can't pause a LIVE game, and I never die.

I don't even play Halo anymore, it really got boring after the first week I got it.

Now CoD4 on the other hand..

play halo more :'( .....