Sign in to follow this  
Knox

Anime basically the same as cartoons, discuss

The anime group I 'liked' on facebook would throw a shit fit over this thread.

OT: Animated drawings that entertain us, difference is style and origin.

Cartoons are Western Animation and Anime is Japanse Animation. While they are both animated programs they are stylistically completely different. Saying that Anime and Cartoons are the same thing would be like saying that Lemons and Oranges are the same thing because they are both Citrus Fruits.

Edited by Llethander

Cartoons are Western Animation and Anime is Japanse Animation. While they are both animated programs they are stylistically completely different. Saying that Anime and Cartoons are the same thing would be like saying that Lemons and Oranges are the same thing because they are both Citrus Fruits.

To Japanese people, anime and cartoons are exactly the same thing. at least according to Amazon. 

To Japanese people, anime and cartoons are exactly the same thing. at least according to Amazon. 

It's definitely true that Western Anime fans tend to care more than they should because, honestly, if one likes it why should it matter what someone else thinks and/or says about it, yeah?

Personally, I don't care what it's called as long as I am able to walk away entertained afterwards.

Guest Fohacidal

They are both cartoons. A more appropriate comparison would be lemons and limes.

I hate Limenade. Nice comparison though.

I didn't like limenade at first but after a while it grew on me. I still prefer lemonade though because its not as... hmm, bitter or sour as lime is.

Guest Fohacidal

Cartoons are better than anime.

Cartoons are funny animation that nobody takes seriously.

Anime is obnoxiously dramatic animation that weirdos take seriously.

All of japan is fucking obnoxiously dramatic. Its why I cant stand a lot of japanese cartoons or games, nobody fucking acts like that in real life

Gargoyles and Reboot > everything the fuck else.

Fun fact about that show: They're not actually gargoyles. True gargoyles have water spouts coming out of their mouth to funnel rain water off of a building. It comes from the French word "gargouille", meaning throat (the word "gargle" is derived from the similar French word "gargariser"). The creatures in the show are merely decorative stone grotesques.

Pics of actual gargoyles:

220px-Notre-Dame_Rzygacze.JPGm09O5gv.jpg

Edited by Goldentongue

That's a good compilation, I generally watch the opening a handful of times and skip them. When I do watch them I just zone out and don't really pay attention to it, i.e. eating food.

Guest Fohacidal

That's a good compilation, I generally watch the opening a handful of times and skip them. When I do watch them I just zone out and don't really pay attention to it, i.e. eating food.

You could watch the opening of like, 3 different animes and you would be set for like 99% of shit coming out of japan.

Cartoons are better than anime.

Cartoons are funny animation that nobody takes seriously.

Anime is obnoxiously dramatic animation that weirdos take seriously.

To be fair, not every anime is incredibly dramatic. It's pretty similar to western tv shows. You have some lighthearted ones and some dramatic ones.

Guest Fohacidal

On the contrary there are a few I legitmately do appreciate. Its not my fault japan shovels out so much crap that they all follow the same tropes and habits as everything else before it.. iv said it before too but the same characteristics that plague anime occur In japanese games as well