Sign in to follow this  
BeauutifulChaos

Hey, Uh Mimic.

GG always fails. It's not a type of server you can get a consistent playerbase on.

Edited by Oreo

Gungame is fungame. Is there any way to put gungame maps on minigames? Or does gungame require its own set of plugins or w/e? I know jack shit about server architecture.

No. This is not happening again. It will not work. GG is built into CSGO there is almost no room to make it unique and there are tons of servers out there already. The harm is a waste of resources on something that will stay dead throughout the week besides the random spike of people it will get once a week. 

If we did this on launch with CSGO we may of been able to build a playerbase to keep the server active. Getting a playerbase now won't work. Everyone who supports a GG server has already proven they only will play the server once or twice and are unwilling to populate it because it takes work to do so. 

Edited by Shadow

I can set it up. In exchange for something...

I support the GG revival

Gungame is fungame. Is there any way to put gungame maps on minigames? Or does gungame require its own set of plugins or w/e? I know jack shit about server architecture.

I support this.

I support it. I've been asking for a gun game server.

Maybe if you repopulate it when it dies, it will last longer.

No. This is not happening again. It will not work. GG is built into CSGO there is almost no room to make it unique and there are tons of servers out there already. The harm is a waste of resources on something that will stay dead throughout the week besides the random spike of people it will get once a week. 

If we did this on launch with CSGO we may of been able to build a playerbase to keep the server active. Getting a playerbase now won't work. Everyone who supports a GG server has already proven they only will play the server once or twice and are unwilling to populate it because it takes work to do so. 

Come on man. I know you think I am very unreliable, but take a look at my Surf time the past week since I have had my computer back.

I just don't see the harm in trying it. There's obviously people who want it back. It's just for funsies. What resources will it be wasting?

I actually have a pretty good idea for combining mg and gg. The idea is that you vote for the next game type, then you vote for the map. Loads necessary plugins based on the game type.

Come on man. I know you think I am very unreliable, but take a look at my Surf time the past week since I have had my computer back.

I just don't see the harm in trying it. There's obviously people who want it back. It's just for funsies. What resources will it be wasting?

I am glad you are playing on surf although you have only connected 4 times in the last few months. There are a few people who want it back, but them wanting it back doesn't mean they are going to play on the server. Half the people who say I support the server will never connect to it or if they do it'll be one time.

I have been thinking the same thing as drug. If drug is willing to make or find a plugin that does that.  I will add GG and Deathrun to MG even though in the past hybrid servers have failed if MG stays as dead as it has been then it doesn't matter.

I am glad you are playing on surf although you have only connected 4 times in the last few months. There are a few people who want it back, but them wanting it back doesn't mean they are going to play on the server. Half the people who say I support the server will never connect to it or if they do it'll be one time.

I have been thinking the same thing as drug. If drug is willing to make or find a plugin that does that.  I will add GG and Deathrun to MG even though in the past hybrid servers have failed if MG stays as dead as it has been then it doesn't matter.

Drug. Can you do this? At least this would be a start... could we tell if the GG maps are popular if we use this method?

And then we could go from there to decide whether to branch it out into it's own server.

Yes we can tell how often GG maps are played. The chances of GG being added to MG is about 10%. It also probably won't happen anytime soon if it does happen to occur. Deathrun is more plausible and easily done, but as I stated MG will be unchanged for the next two weeks or so as I observe activity and decide what to do with the server. 

MG is a lot of fun, but playing it alone sucks.

MG won't die out like GG will, especially once you get a dedicated community for the server, like we had in CSS.

Edited by Oreo

As much as I did enjoy the GG server while we had it up, it rarely had people in it, and when it did, it was the same handful of people for only an hour or two at a time, and everyone would leave shortly after. It's just not a game mode you can play for hours on end or keep a constant flow of people coming into (imo).

Sign in to follow this