Sign in to follow this  
fatb0y

Regarding recent events

nothing really

Mitch quit, Toxy quit. Made a clan, recruited people from sG. The people they recruited starting talking, staff got screenshots of this. They demoted the people who were talking about doing stupid shit. The people that were talking, then raged about how we took what they typed out of context.

\

Think that's it.

/sarcasm

Dont forget Avery hacks JB too...

/sarcasm

Time playing the server isn't nearly as important an aspect of a server officer as competent administration abilities, map knowledge, rule knowledge and the ability to make the game fun by understanding that jailbreak rules are not meant to be enforced completely independently of whether or not people are enjoying themselves. I'm sure we could find plenty of autists who could play jailbreak for 8 hours a day every day who enforce the rules like fags and make the server terrible, if that's what we wanted to do. I'd much rather have a larger group of people who are actually good SOs that play less often than a couple spergs who patrol the server like it's their job because they don't have one.

Alright so what I meant to type last night was this:

We have SO's for JB that are online everyday-every other day, these admins do their job and play at a consistent rate an SO should play at. Then we have SO's that are also online everyday-every other day, but instead of playing the servers they play other games. Then after a week these SO's hope onto the server for about 30 minutes, when they hop on the server they don't do what they're suppose to do an SO. Then some of these SO's proceed to spam music over mic/give T's weapons/grenades, and break other rules an SO should not be breaking. These are the SO's that multiple other SO's that are active have complained and expressed their opinions about, but nothing ever happened to them(because Toxy didn't do anything). Then we have people who play the server who deserve SO, and after multiple active SO's expressed their opinions about these players also, but again nothing was done.

tl:dr

Toxy was a shitty SO MGR who didn't play the servers and didn't do anything to actually "manage" the SO's. The next SO MGR needs to be active on servers and actually checks the amount of time SO's are playing monthly.

I enjoy your use of litotes.  Regardless, I do hope you realize you were THE catalyst for the entirety of the shit storm that occurred. 

Time playing the server isn't nearly as important an aspect of a server officer as competent administration abilities, map knowledge, rule knowledge and the ability to make the game fun by understanding that jailbreak rules are not meant to be enforced completely independently of whether or not people are enjoying themselves. I'm sure we could find plenty of autists who could play jailbreak for 8 hours a day every day who enforce the rules like fags and make the server terrible, if that's what we wanted to do. I'd much rather have a larger group of people who are actually good SOs that play less often than a couple spergs who patrol the server like it's their job because they don't have one.

Yeap, I agree. Enforcing rules is one thing but making it not fun to play because of the constant fear of breaking a rule once and either getting banned or ct'd from it is another. Because shit, if that happens, server popularity goes down, income from paidmin's go down, potential new members go down and so on.

But of course, the time a person played on a server should be taken into consideration as well because that should give a general sense of how experienced the person is in that particular server. It shouldn't be the be-all and end-all solution though.

But of course, the time a person played on a server should be taken into consideration as well because that should give a general sense of how experienced the person is in that particular server. It shouldn't be the be-all and end-all solution though.

My point was more that overall time played is more important than whether or not the person plays every day of the week currently, or at least it should be.

My point was more that overall time played is more important than whether or not the person plays every day of the week currently, or at least it should be.

I guess that's what I was trying to get at, but in the way of like you don't play on a consistent rate. That your overall time isn't of a SO, and that was what I was trying to say.

I guess that's what I was trying to get at, but in the way of like you don't play on a consistent rate.

No, I don't. As I've argued, that's not nearly as important an aspect of an SO as other things.

That your overall time isn't of a SO, and that was what I was trying to say.

I think I have like 30 days of playtime on the jailbreak server.

Edited by Dyscivist

No, I don't. As I've argued, that's not nearly as important an aspect of an SO as other things.

I think I have like 30 days of playtime on the jailbreak server.

When I said you I didn't mean you in particular. I was refering back to my original post about all the SO's.

Do you know who basically ran the VA thing? Do you know who basically ran the SO thing?

I don't even...

GETS FED UP CAUSE MITCH AND TOXY WONT PROMOTE, JOINS THEIR CLAN IN HOPES OF PROMOTION

B)

Like what is SiJ telling their members? lmao!!

Edited by Freekiller #3

I suppose I should be the one discussing this, as I'm still the only one with full access to paypal (Mimic also has access).

I've never been a fan of disclosing finances with sG/UV mainly because it does not serve too much of a purpose in my eyes. I tend to leave it in a we're + or - for the month, and no more. However, with the next digest, I'll try and provide a more detailed report for staff to include. I can't say I'll give exact numbers, but I'll try to give a more accurate description of where we are at. For the time being, I'll say we scrape by.

Thank you. Giving everyone just a vague hint at what we've got to work with may be the catalyst to spark new ideas & donations.

Thank you. Giving everyone just a vague hint at what we've got to work with may be the catalyst to spark new ideas & donations.

Last time I saw the PayPal, we were ±50$ each month, with a cushion that could last us about 3-4 months if we suddenly lost all of our sources of income. But that was months ago, before I resigned.

Last time I saw the PayPal, we were ±50$ each month, with a cushion that could last us about 3-4 months if we suddenly lost all of our sources of income. But that was months ago, before I resigned.

well i have to say if that is true that is quite remarkable especially since the only source of income for some time has been ttt and jb, hopefully once the other servers pick up that number will increase. 

Thanks for clearing it up, had no idea what the fuck was going on.

What a time to join.. In the middle of a shitstorm =\

Lol not really. The only people who think that are people that take this whole community thing too seriously

On the topic of suggesting things, I'm not sure how all these would work out but they are just some suggestions.

Advertising: could be a number of things, banners on sites, doing top 100 server boards and hiking our ass to the top with votes, or even go back to good ole youtube videos and share em like crazy.

Minecraft: I'm sure most of you don't give a fuck about minecraft, but I feel we could draw in people that way. We could also start advertising this server more too, maybe some events to attract randoms ( drop parties, games, and what have you)

Another possibility, What if we brought in a console game? After all, thats how we (UV) started. 

Nothing that will induce rage though, like minecraft, halo, or cod.

Personally, I think we should get something like Resistance 2/3 or something.

P2 for new president, he had enough money for pizza for years when he was ldr!!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this