Sign in to follow this  
The IRS's Hitman

Mic limitations?

A thing I've been wondering recently is, do sG members / premium admins get a lengthier talk time before mic cutoff, or even have unlimited? And if so, would it be possible to create a new class of player on the server (Trusted or Regular or some shit) that requires X amount of playtime and reputation on the server that would only increase mic time?

The X hours specifically so not everybody's running around spamming an already crowded server.

A thing I've been wondering recently is, do sG members / premium admins get a lengthier talk time before mic cutoff, or even have unlimited? And if so, would it be possible to create a new class of player on the server (Trusted or Regular or some shit) that requires X amount of playtime and reputation on the server that would only increase mic time?

The X hours specifically so not everybody's running around spamming an already crowded server.

Premium admins, SO's, staff and donators get unlimited voice

Edited by bulletford

It would have to be based on much more than just x amount of hours thus making it to much work it is much more easy to just leave it to the setup of SO's,premium admins,staff, and donators just so we can keep management for higher-ups easy and prevent any claims of "favoritism" ie: Wtf this some bs i have been playing for way longer on this server than (name) why the hell did he get it and not me, or Wtf why does he get it when all he does is stupid shit blah blah blah.

Edited by Daft2thePunk

It would have to be based on much more than just x amount of hours thus making it to much work it is much more easy to just leave it to the setup of SO's,premium admins,staff, and donators just so we can keep management for higher-ups easy and prevent any claims of "favoritism" ie: Wtf this some bs i have been playing for way longer on this server than (name) why the hell did he get it and not me, or Wtf why does he get it when all he does is stupid shit blah blah blah.

Oh! Another benefit would be REQUIRING at least some merit of "good behavior" such as for each infraction the number of hours required are increased by an amount, and that you'd also have to make an application of sorts. I don't know.

If you feel like you don't have enough time to talk donate support the server and get unlimited mic.

Seriously...

You and everyone else that has started playing on the server...

STOP ASKING FOR CHANGES!

I disagree with this. They are trying to improve the server where they see it is lacking. Why disregard possible constructive criticism? Maybe instead of eliminating it increase it a little?

If you feel like you don't have enough time to talk donate support the server and get unlimited mic.

Seriously...

You and everyone else that has started playing on the server...

STOP ASKING FOR CHANGES!

I disagree with this. They are trying to improve the server where they see it is lacking. Why disregard possible constructive criticism? Maybe instead of eliminating it increase it a little?

mic limit doesnt need to be changed

this.. Played ttt only a little with mic restrictions and i agree doesn't need to be changed it only encourages mic spamming

Ugggh, half of you guys are missing the point of what I was trying to say.

What I'm implying is create a new rank of player that encourages good fucking behavior and the reward is a second or four more of microphone time, along with a nifty little "trusted" next to their name. If you all read (I hope you can read) my post, it clearly states this. Right in the fucking header, too.

I notice that the only people who are shouting "DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING!!!" have neat little red names. Change isn't bad. I'm offering what would be attractive to perspective new members and if you wanna get all economical about it, that means more chance of people donating and shit like that. Don't get me started on donations, either. I'll rant for hours about why it should be, "I want the server to keep running so I'll donate," not "I want all these nifty powers, so I'll donate." Blah blah blah

EDIT -- tl;dr server moderating tool disguised as loyalty benefits

Edited by The IRS's Hitman

What I'm implying is create a new rank of player that encourages good fucking behavior and the reward is a second or four more of microphone time, along with a nifty little "trusted" next to their name. If you all read (I hope you can read) my post, it clearly states this. Right in the fucking header, too.

I notice that the only people who are shouting "DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING!!!" have neat little red names. Change isn't bad. I'm offering what would be attractive to perspective new members and if you wanna get all economical about it, that means more chance of people donating and shit like that. Don't get me started on donations, either. I'll rant for hours about why it should be, "I want the server to keep running so I'll donate," not "I want all these nifty powers, so I'll donate." Blah blah blah

I think they understood that perfectly, it wouldn't work.

Personally, I think it would be stupid. I know I'm not the only person that doesn't like mic spamming, and keeping a limitation is a great way to do so. And like Xmen said earlier "If you want to have an unrestricted mic, then donate". If you add that other tier in, it will cause people to complain "Why did he get it and I didn't, when I've been here longer/I am more funny/I am better!?" As someone also already stated. It is perfect as is. Also adding in that tier will possibly make people refrain from donating since a free alternative option is available, which in turn would not keep the server running for as long as possible. (if money was ever an issue)

I have a white name- and its a terrible idea.

OK my name is green, and I think giving player base unlimited mic usage once again, would be really annoying.

FYI he isn't saying "unlimited".

Someone already created a special rank for trusted users. I removed it recently because it was stupid, they spammed csay and would randomly slap people all the time.

If you want unlimited mic or other benifits donate. If donating doesn't give you what you want talk to me about it and I will be happy to see if there is anything I can do.

The problem with granting a large amount of people unlimited microphone is mic spam. The spam is bad enough as it is, even with a limited amount of people that have unlimited mic. Because only a small amount of people donate right now, TTT can afford to give them unlimited mic as an extra perk without chat becoming even more of a clusterfuck. Now if everyone started donating, I would be against giving donators unlimited mic. It only works because a small amount of people have it, so it only seems reasonable to give the small amount of people who donate unlimited as a token of appreciation.

Someone already created a special rank for trusted users. I removed it recently because it was stupid, they spammed csay and would randomly slap people all the time.

If you want unlimited mic or other benifits donate. If donating doesn't give you what you want talk to me about it and I will be happy to see if there is anything I can do.

I believe you're talking about supper straff, or whatever the hell it was. Yeah, honestly, I agree with you at this point.

How do I hurry up and lock this thread?

My opinions need to die alone in a cane field.

I believe you're talking about supper straff, or whatever the hell it was. Yeah, honestly, I agree with you at this point.

How do I hurry up and lock this thread?

My opinions need to die alone in a cane field.

It's not a bad opinion, and I can see why it would be appealing, but it wouldn't work. Believe it or not, there was a time when the server didn't have mic drain. It was added when the server was even less populated now because of mic spam (only around 18 or 19 slots if I remember correctly) but now it just simply wouldn't work if a lot of people didn't have mic drain.

It's not a bad opinion, and I can see why it would be appealing, but it wouldn't work. Believe it or not, there was a time when the server didn't have mic drain. It was added when the server was even less populated now because of mic spam (only around 18 or 19 slots if I remember correctly) but now it just simply wouldn't work if a lot of people didn't have mic drain.

A lot of people are misconstruing my idea down to its fundamental basis, which is why there's so much negativity and, uh. Disapproval.

I don't know if people missed this,

REQUIRING at least some merit of "good behavior" such as for each infraction the number of hours required are increased by an amount, and that you'd also have to make an application of sorts. I don't know.

While I agree that micspam would be unnecessary, what I'm saying would be that an application for a higher mic time (never said unlimited, actually; I was more implying an additional few seconds since the current mic drain is oh so painful), not unlimited microphone for everyone who automatically breach a certain hour count.

Applications, good behavior, a privilege. Not a right. That's all I was trying to get at, originally. Due to overwhelming negativity, though, I think we should shut this thread down (unless anyone else has contributions (contributions (keyword: CONTRIBUTION (an opinion is not automatically a contribution)))).

I'll be for it if the requirements involve 2 years on the sG ttt server without any bans. If you get a ban then your requirement time resets back to needing 2 years regardless of where you're at in the time period. So you could be a week away from getting this mic limit removed/lengthened and a ban would make you wait another two years.

A lot of people are misconstruing my idea down to its fundamental basis, which is why there's so much negativity and, uh. Disapproval.

I don't know if people missed this,

REQUIRING at least some merit of "good behavior" such as for each infraction the number of hours required are increased by an amount, and that you'd also have to make an application of sorts. I don't know.

While I agree that micspam would be unnecessary, what I'm saying would be that an application for a higher mic time (never said unlimited, actually; I was more implying an additional few seconds since the current mic drain is oh so painful), not unlimited microphone for everyone who automatically breach a certain hour count.

Applications, good behavior, a privilege. Not a right. That's all I was trying to get at, originally. Due to overwhelming negativity, though, I think we should shut this thread down (unless anyone else has contributions (contributions (keyword: CONTRIBUTION (an opinion is not automatically a contribution)))).

I do understand what you are trying to say with the good behavior thing, but good behavior according to who? There are some people who constantly break the rules who I like much more than some fuckwit killing for random shooting. Also just because they have good behavior before doesn't mean they won't mic spam.