Sign in to follow this  
Waylon

Admin

Questions......How many veteran UV member are still left? How do we determine who is veteran and who is not? And what happens to different UV levels/ranks?

I remember once where members had to display different levels/ranks in there name. If we did that we can weed out the bad members that have high potential of abuse on the servers and know who we can offer admin to.

The higher the rank and more hours they put with the clan, than we promotes a potential discount on admin if they want to buy admin.

Also, we can increase admin price for the average joe and than promote joining UV because of the discount (small discounts can be given at certain rank/level).

It can attract new members to stay longer with the clan and make members try harder to behave in the servers because they know veteran members are watching.

But for this to work we need a good group of Veteran Members.

Questions......How many veteran UV member are still left? How do we determine who is veteran and who is not? And what happens to different UV levels/ranks?

I remember once where members had to display different levels/ranks in there name. If we did that we can weed out the bad members that have high potential of abuse on the servers and know who we can offer admin to.

The higher the rank and more hours they put with the clan, than we promotes a potential discount on admin if they want to buy admin.

Also, we can increase admin price for the average joe and than promote joining UV because of the discount (small discounts can be given at certain rank/level).

It can attract new members to stay longer with the clan and make members try harder to behave in the servers because they know veteran members are watching.

But for this to work we need a good group of Veteran Members.

Veterans would be and are determined by their time spent in the clan. This sort of cost reduction and increase would only lead to a bunch of people trying to join UV for a discount. The rank system was abandoned at least 6 months, maybe less, ago lol.

Don't say that, we just don't really want to bum you guys. We basically have administrators for money. MONEY. That's the reality of it, don't blame me for it. Believe it or not, UV does NOT have unlimited funds! Without admin subscriptions, there is no way we would even come close to the ablility to pay for the servers.

Don't say that, we just don't really want to bum you guys. We basically have administrators for money. MONEY. That's the reality of it, don't blame me for it. Believe it or not, UV does NOT have unlimited funds! Without admin subscriptions, there is no way we would even come close to the ablility to pay for the servers.

So this means that there is no reward for loyalty to UV? Like it or not, most of the older members would like to have benefits for their alligence to the clan. Someone can donate some cash and (without even being in the clan) get admin.. that dosen't seem right.

I'm not trying to be an asshole and we do have a good community, but I think the normal members need to have more of a say in the clans affairs.

So this means that there is no reward for loyalty to UV? Like it or not, most of the older members would like to have benefits for their alligence to the clan. Someone can donate some cash and (without even being in the clan) get admin.. that dosen't seem right.

I'm not trying to be an asshole and we do have a good community, but I think the normal members need to have more of a say in the clans affairs.

Without them paying for admin, there would be no UV right now, so honestly, we can't afford giving it out for free, or more, and more, and more people would ask, and eventually, there would be no more admin suscribers, they would all be trying to get it for free. You also have to think, this is a community, just like a lot of other clans out there.. Some of you take how much freedom you actually have for granted, we let a LOT of things slide, so don't act like we aren't doing anything for you, if you were actually in a position of power, you would be surprised how much freedom you actually have...

Without them paying for admin, there would be no UV right now, so honestly, we can't afford giving it out for free, or more, and more, and more people would ask, and eventually, there would be no more admin suscribers, they would all be trying to get it for free. You also have to think, this is a community, just like a lot of other clans out there.. Some of you take how much freedom you actually have for granted, we let a LOT of things slide, so don't act like we aren't doing anything for you, if you were actually in a position of power, you would be surprised how much freedom you actually have...

I know, giving admin to around 5-8 people is a serious moneybreaker. I'm sure no one would ever pay for admin again.

Don't be a smartass... It won't get you anywhere, especially free admin.

My point is one thing would lead to another, and another, and soon enough there wouldn't be any servers to pay for.

Meh, it's fun. P2 won't give admin away anyways so I could care less.

And no, if you give free admin to some vets and the rest have to pay, I'm sure P2 will be able to afford the servers,

Just get rid of some of the fucking stupid servers then.

I agree with that, if they're not being used, get 'rid of 'em. I am in favor of giving admin to a FEW vets, maybe 3-4, other than that, we would basically be "whoring" admin all over, it would be meaningless if we just gave it away like crazy.

I agree with that, if they're not being used, get 'rid of 'em. I am in favor of giving admin to a FEW vets, maybe 3-4, other than that, we would basically be "whoring" admin all over, it would be meaningless if we just gave it away like crazy.

Wait wait wait... Just because you give it to a select few doesn't mean eventually all your willpower to resist request for it is going to dissolve and everyone will get it for free, that's just retarded. Just set up a strict rule where the only people who get free admin are vet's, people can ask all they want, but they won't get it. And what you said about UV being a community isn't exactly true. While I'm sure you let a lot of things slide for some members (I can think of a few that have gotten off way too easy), but I for one haven't done anything to warrant any laxness in the law. There has to be some benefit of being a member of a community, otherwise people wouldn't join it, and as it stands now, the only difference between me being in this clan and not, is the tags I have in my posts and on my name. Sure we could always use new money, but then again, we just got two new servers out of the blue so it doesn't really seem like we're strapped for cash...

That's what I meant.

*Pours milk*

Bitch!