Sign in to follow this  
Lv. 100 Garchomp

First Youtube Vid!

Lol thats funny. This is my first Youtube vid, uploading another one atm. Video itself sucked, accidentally recorded in half size using fraps, and the video was taken like 4 months ago when I had my shitty computer and it got like 10 fps for Portal lol.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al7rA_eEFGs

Edited by The Dλrk Knight Rises

Only watched about a minute, but it's hard to understand you. There're a lot of sharp, sibilant S sounds that are loud with low, mumbled pronunciations of the other parts of the words. Try to keep your voice up, speak with a more normal rhythm, and minimize the sibilants if possible.

So why am I watching some random guy play? What's drawing me in as a viewer?

I have to figure out what I'm going to be doing with the channel. I might go for funny/ weird gameplay moments the more I make videos. I'm just not sure yet.

I have to figure out what I'm going to be doing with the channel. I might go for funny/ weird gameplay moments the more I make videos. I'm just not sure yet.

Do something creative. Make something that isn't gameplay to start your channel or else that's all new viewers are gonna expect from you. My first video on youtube was a garrysmod stop motion video (even though it was pretty bad)

Do something interesting, and start pandering to alot of audiences until you find something people wanna watch from you. Then, when you have a good subscriber base, start making your main focus on those subscribers, but still putting efforts towards non-subscribers. Also, word of the wise, DO NOT monetize until you have more than 3000 subs.

Or do a series of let's plays? They are quite popular from what I can gather.

My question is: what games would you like to see? What can I do to make it a little more interesting? Obviously gameplay won't have a lot of voice over, but what wants to be seen? I'm thinking of doing gameplay, hilarity & wtf moments, and maybe a Let's Play. The Let's Play seems like the hardest to structure at the moment.

Like the title says. Tell me what you think of it. Leave any tips/ help please. It would be appreciated.

[media=]

I did this for my first youtube vid. Music instead of talking.

My question is: what games would you like to see? What can I do to make it a little more interesting? Obviously gameplay won't have a lot of voice over, but what wants to be seen? I'm thinking of doing gameplay, hilarity & wtf moments, and maybe a Let's Play. The Let's Play seems like the hardest to structure at the moment.

do really hard games? Or maybe N64/PSX classics?

Maybe when some new releases come out? just like a First impressions or something, i like to watch those from people :3

In order to do first impressions, I would need a lot more money/ be donated to be expected to do that without a job. I might switch back to my 16:9 monitor so it doesn't get boxed and can upload at 1080p

Edited by Lv. 100 Serperior

In order to do first impressions, I would need a lot more money/ be donated to be expected to do that without a job.

Weeeeeeelllllllllllllll...... Not necessarily.

*cough* torrents *cough*

(if you're against it, just download it, do your first impressions, and delete it after)

Edited by KGame

In order to do first impressions, I would need a lot more money/ be donated to be expected to do that without a job. I might switch back to my 16:9 monitor so it doesn't get boxed and can upload at 1080p

As Kgame stated, there are "other ways" of obtaining games :3 and yeh switch back to a HD tv.

I might switch back to my 16:9 monitor so it doesn't get boxed and can upload at 1080p

There's no real reason the aspect ratio should be getting changed. In your video, you can clearly tell that it's been squished horizontally. If capturing in 16:10, there should be a tiny bit of black space on the top and bottom in YouTube. Has to be something with the settings. If you wanted to capture directly in 16:9, you could also just play windowed.

Also, most people don't just want to watch people playing games. People like to hear your insights as to what's going on; doesn't even have to be that funny or anything.

In order to do first impressions, I would need a lot more money/ be donated to be expected to do that without a job.

Weeeeeeelllllllllllllll...... Not necessarily.

*cough* torrents *cough*

(if you're against it, just download it, do your first impressions, and delete it after)

If you're actually against it, you wouldn't even consider doing this.