Sign in to follow this  
TurtleFrenzy

Explosions at Boston Marathon

I'm not gonna lie, I did a pretty good job avoiding the gore pic from today...until now. I highly recommend you guys STOP looking at the pics. Your video games and movies don't have shit on RL. RL gore sucks. I was the MEDEVAC Officer for East Baghdad and Sadr City, I know gore. 8 years later this gore reminds me of the sights, smells, touch, tastes, and sounds of carnage. This is one of the reasons I became an Army Psych doc. You guys don't know it yet, but the more you view, the more this shit will eat away at you. Earlier in the thread, I made a veiled vicarious PTSD joke (medical humor). However, when you become media saturated by this (internet not TV, TV doesn't show the stuff you're linking to), its going to affect you for years to come.

Troll, I don't give a shit.....you're a fucking worthless nobody.

Edited by ChosenOne2000

[quote name=I Am Mr. Big ((:))+<' timestamp='1366070044' post='702338]

http://www.buzzfeed....athon-explosion

57 photos NSFW/NSFL

the one with the guy over the girls body is fucking sad.

Regardless of whether or not you know anyone in the event, it is a tragedy. Thousands of people were taking part in this marathon. It was a holiday and an event to just bring the community and people from all over the world together. People are going to leave the scene having been subjected to something no one should have even seen nor been afflicted by. People will never walk again, people will never see the world the same way again and some people will never be able to say anything because they're dead. It's an act of inhumanity towards innocent bystanders who's only crime was coming out to support a community. This is a disastrous event that will rock the community to it's core. Lets try and have a bit of respect here.

That #38 photo absolutely makes me nauseous. God help those people

#52 is pretty saddening as well. The girls lying next to each other seem to be in shock, and it's very possible that the one on the left who's having her pulse taken might be dead.

#50 stunned me, it seems like a woman on the floor who's wounds and face aren't visible but her boyfriend is leaning over her with his forehead to hers. I can't imagine being in that situation with the one you love.

People can't walk into movie theaters without being shot, kids can't go to school without being mowed down by classmates/ deranged lunatics, our athletes can't race in a marathon. Seriously, it's our generation that gets to clean all this shit up, and with the way we're growing up or acting with each other, it makes me wonder if life is worth it, worth the sorrow to build a family or a career and have it torn away. Just like that, all that hard work, for nothing. Where's the love?

All the while, our fellow players argue and flame over the potential offensiveness of a joke told way too soon.

Guest Fohacidal

[quote name=I Am Mr. Big ((:))+<' timestamp='1366075864' post='702368]

57 photos NSFW/NSFL

Regardless of whether or not you know anyone in the event, it is a tragedy. Thousands of people were taking part in this marathon. It was a holiday and an event to just bring the community and people from all over the world together. People are going to leave the scene having been subjected to something no one should have even seen nor been afflicted by. People will never walk again, people will never see the world the same way again and some people will never be able to say anything because they're dead. It's an act of inhumanity towards innocent bystanders who's only crime was coming out to support a community. This is a disastrous event that will rock the community to it's core. Lets try and have a bit of respect here.

#52 is pretty saddening as well. The girls lying next to each other seem to be in shock, and it's very possible that the one on the left who's having her pulse taken might be dead.

#50 stunned me, it seems like a woman on the floor who's wounds and face aren't visible but her boyfriend is leaning over her with his forehead to hers. I can't imagine being in that situation with the one you love.

People can't walk into movie theaters without being shot, kids can't go to school without being mowed down by classmates/ deranged lunatics, our athletes can't race in a marathon. Seriously, it's our generation that gets to clean all this shit up, and with the way we're growing up or acting with each other, it makes me wonder if life is worth it, worth the sorrow to build a family or a career and have it torn away. Just like that, all that hard work, for nothing. Where's the love?

All the while, our fellow players argue and flame over the potential offensiveness of a joke told way too soon.

Dont even fucking start that shit like I dont understand the gravity of the situation.

[quote name=I Am Mr. Big ((:))+<' timestamp='1366075864' post='702368]

57 photos NSFW/NSFL

Dont even fucking start that shit like I dont understand the gravity of the situation.

No man, Im not saying that, im alluding to the fact that petty arguments tend to seperate us more than join us. I know you're as shocked as I am. Everyone has their way of coping, as somebody said, jokes, anger, hysteria, its all normal. I didn't mean to offend you, please don't hate me :x I just had to explain a bit clearer

well if you wanna expand this even further, look at Palestine and Syria. The oppressive regimes (Israel, don't start, history shows they've been systematically stealing land from the Palestinians) and the Syrian government. Thousands die each day, yet you hardly ever see or hear about them in the good ol USA. Don't get me wrong, I love this country, but we're leaving those who need help also than anyone else in the dark.

[quote name=I Am Mr. Big ((:))+<' timestamp='1366079965' post='702390]

well if you wanna expand this even further, look at Palestine and Syria. The oppressive regimes (Israel, don't start, history shows they've been systematically stealing land from the Palestinians) and the Syrian government. Thousands die each day, yet you hardly ever see or hear about them in the good ol USA. Don't get me wrong, I love this country, but we're leaving those who need help also than anyone else in the dark.

lol

Syria is a civil war between an autocratic nation and a, now, mostly Al Qaeda fighting force(Nusra just merged with Al Qaeda). I understand the morality of it, but i'd rather stay the fuck out of there.

Syria is a civil war between an autocratic nation and a, now, mostly Al Qaeda fighting force(Nusra just merged with Al Qaeda). I understand the morality of it, but i'd rather stay the fuck out of there.

Good point, this in particular is a controversial topic, so I really shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

In all seriousness, what are the odds that this attack is; domestic (think Unabomber)? a North Korean attack (as ludicrous as that sounds)? al Queda?

I don't get why these people dying is more tragic than the other people who died today

-edit-

also lol banned from shoutbox

seriously? shoutbox ban because i don't want to care about some people who died in boston?

Question, are you retarded? It's an attack on hundreds/thousands of people with multiple explosive devices at a huge public event. That's pretty different from an elderly person dying in their sleep. Stop being a senseless fuck on the forums because you literally post nothing but stupid shit on here.

Question, are you retarded? It's an attack on hundreds/thousands of people with multiple explosive devices at a huge public event. That's pretty different from an elderly person dying in their sleep. Stop being a senseless fuck on the forums because you literally post nothing but stupid shit on here.

nice ad hominem

also I'm mainly referring to what's happening in Iraq, where people (mainly civilians) are being killed in their everyday lives. Sure, that's sad, but the mentality in the U.S is pretty shitty, how they don't give a rats ass about these people dying, but care so much about these people dying. I've also noticed how worldwide media likes to look focus on shitty things that happen in the U.S rather than countries where it happens all the time. Notice also, how media websites are constantly releasing gore photos and pictures of people crying, injuries, kids, ect. It's all about publicity to the media, and when the media milks shit lots of people jump on the bandwagons and take it very seriously. That's what i have a problem with, how people choose to be sympathetic over some things, but careless about other things. (edit) I'd rather everyone care when this happens rather than sometimes care.

Edited by Siesan

nice ad hominem

also I'm mainly referring to what's happening in Iraq, where people (mainly civilians) are being killed in their everyday lives. Sure, that's sad, but the mentality in the U.S is pretty shitty, how they don't give a rats ass about these people dying, but care so much about these people dying. I've also noticed how worldwide media likes to look focus on shitty things that happen in the U.S rather than countries where it happens all the time. Notice also, how media websites are constantly releasing gore photos and pictures of people crying, injuries, kids, ect. It's all about publicity to the media, and when the media milks shit lots of people jump on the bandwagons and take it very seriously. That's what i have a problem with, how people choose to be sympathetic over some things, but careless about other things.

It's a valid point and I don't see why you're getting hate for it. But the core of THIS situation is people unexpectedly died and were injured in a land that we consider safe which is frightening.

Edited by TurtleFrenzy

Oh god.

I just realized.

An hour ago my friend posted "waiting is the worst" on facebook.

I replied "but waiting makes whatever you're waiting for that much better (;"

I REALLY HOPE SHE WASN'T TALKING ABOUT THIS.

pray for me.

why the wink? do people really wink to shit like that? i'm so confused

It suggests a flirty disposition towards her and lets people know that I have or am trying to stick my dick in her. I don't think people really wink at all.

Hey, hey, fuck you for your sig

Damnit Windmill. I edited your sig; don't make a dude infract.

All I thought when I sar it on TV live: "when is this bullshit ever gonna stop"

Yes, never... I know, I still keep hope that the world will some day come to the conclusion that attacking civilians is uncalled for (understatement).

Edited by Don Danzone