Sign in to follow this  
TheDentist

Sneak peak at the newest sG created map: jb_jungle_beta

The poison vines thing is too tempting just jumped off it and ended up behind those big boxes :<

and got stuck :<

fixed! I'm slowly working through to fix all the exploits you guys are mentioning on here, keep them coming! I may add a secret of two more, make climb a little more reasonable (or maybe not hurt when you fall) and then I'll release a beta_2 sometime in the next few days

don't know if this has been mentioned, but the armory teleporter is a wee buggy, it doesn't work consistently, unsure if this is by design or not but sometimes it works at the beginning, sometimes not

Edited by The Doctor Zed

don't know if this has been mentioned, but the armory teleporter is a wee buggy, it doesn't work consistently, unsure if this is by design or not but sometimes it works at the beginning, sometimes not

Mde it a lot harder, there is a secret to enable it now

Sinkhole diving ALWAYS leaves me with 5hp, even when i dont touch anything, could be an issue, maybe I'm just bad

anyone else having this issue?

Yeah, all three people to complete it ended with 5 hp.

Mde it a lot harder, there is a secret to enable it now

Nice

Sinkhole diving ALWAYS leaves me with 5hp, even when i dont touch anything, could be an issue, maybe I'm just bad

anyone else having this issue?

Yeah, all three people to complete it ended with 5 hp.

My guess is the water at the bottom isn't reducing the normal damage from falling...? So that drop actually causes 95 damage, I figured the thin layer of water would negate that, any suggestions throgot? I made sure to place the telport trigger below the water

If the player teleports before he even hits the ground, the momentum of the player will be transfered to whatever he lands on upon teleporting. So if there isn't water where the player teleports, it will cause damage. Water also must be at least 2 units thick (as far as I remember) for it to negate damage.

Jb_jungle_beta_2 is ready for release.

Fixes/Updates/Additions

- Fixed loopholes to get 'outside' the map, made it so if people do happen to get behind the games somehow there are now boxes to jump on to get out.

- Added a medic

- Added a new vent that exits near the entrance to climb, connects to vent from cell to armory

- Changed teleport exit for CTs on sniper escape

- Fixed painful landing in Sinkhole Diving

- Fixing ladder roulette issues (and ability to jump off to behind race)

- Added extra lighting to race

- Added recall button to race

- Made climb a little bit easier and added an in-climb medic station

- Updated a secret near/in/around adventurer's cabin

Keep posting about comments/critiques here for future betas. Next round (if all bugs/glitches/exploits are fixed) will be adding some new games and expanding the map.

Cheers,

Steve

Public link to beta_2: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27629249/jb_jungle_beta_2.bsp and https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27629249/jb_jungle_beta_2.nav

Jb_jungle_beta_2 is ready for release.

Fixes/Updates/Additions

- Fixed loopholes to get 'outside' the map, made it so if people do happen to get behind the games somehow there are now boxes to jump on to get out.

- Added a medic

- Added a new vent that exits near the entrance to climb, connects to vent from cell to armory

- Changed teleport exit for CTs on sniper escape

- Fixed painful landing in Sinkhole Diving

- Fixing ladder roulette issues (and ability to jump off to behind race)

- Added extra lighting to race

- Added recall button to race

- Made climb a little bit easier and added an in-climb medic station

- Updated a secret near/in/around adventurer's cabin

Keep posting about comments/critiques here for future betas. Next round (if all bugs/glitches/exploits are fixed) will be adding some new games and expanding the map.

Cheers,

Steve

Public link to beta_2: https://dl.dropbox.c...ngle_beta_2.bsp and https://dl.dropbox.c...ngle_beta_2.nav

Awesome upgrades, great work, love the map.

Thank you! I think this is a pretty T-sided map, once they get away from the CTs they have plenty of space to hide/move around without being seen. CTs really have to be on their toes to win rounds here, though if they can get them into games quickly there is a lot of opportunity to kill them off haha

The poison vines thing is too tempting just jumped off it and ended up behind those big boxes :<

fixed! I'm slowly working through to fix all the exploits you guys are mentioning on here, keep them coming! I may add a secret of two more, make climb a little more reasonable (or maybe not hurt when you fall) and then I'll release a beta_2 sometime in the next few days

propably is enough to add walls on the poisonous vine climb but there shouldn't even be the place to get into behind it :D

Awesome fixes. The vent near climb was a good idea. And finally a medic. Now this map isnt the only map on jb that happened to not have a medic. Good job.

Awesome fixes. The vent near climb was a good idea. And finally a medic. Now this map isnt the only map on jb that happened to not have a medic. Good job.

DON'T CAVE IN TO PRESSURE NO NEED FOR A MEDIC WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

propably is enough to add walls on the poisonous vine climb but there shouldn't even be the place to get into behind it :D

there are invisible walls now

thanks I think it fits nicely, also gives the Ts the option to go to armory and then back to climb or vice versa, less predictable where your trouble will come from if you're a CT. I may need to make some things a little more CT sided in the next update, the Ts seem to have the upper hand here

Ok basically it would be a legit map but the vent is too op. Terrorist can get to armory in 15 seconds(not to mention the ts that cell hop) and they gotta wait if they wanna get the gun untill 59:30... Then they just get somewhere and start wrecking cts with the auto sniper... 1 change would be if the vent would go somewhere different or if you'd make a minigame in the vent like a puzzle u gotta complete before you get in if u get in at all... It would be legit if the vent would lead to somewhere different with a like pistol and they would have a chance / path to armory or just a spot in the map they can support the team (just look at lego bunch of spots in the map where u can get a pistol and one vent cell where u can get to pool with the hiddne puzzle vent where u can hide in and get a pistol it's ok enough and can wreck cts...) they can take if they are fast enough or sneaky enough or the minigame idea...

I'd say a lot of balancing to do... It's a T sided map if CTs don't look near the vent and aren't ready to rush into the vent cell after the Ts

Ok basically it would be a legit map but the vent is too op. Terrorist can get to armory in 15 seconds(not to mention the ts that cell hop) and they gotta wait if they wanna get the gun untill 59:30... Then they just get somewhere and start wrecking cts with the auto sniper... 1 change would be if the vent would go somewhere different or if you'd make a minigame in the vent like a puzzle u gotta complete before you get in if u get in at all... It would be legit if the vent would lead to somewhere different with a like pistol and they would have a chance / path to armory or just a spot in the map they can support the team (just look at lego bunch of spots in the map where u can get a pistol and one vent cell where u can get to pool with the hiddne puzzle vent where u can hide in and get a pistol it's ok enough and can wreck cts...) they can take if they are fast enough or sneaky enough or the minigame idea...

This is incredibly hard to read

Ok basically it would be a legit map, but the vent is too op. Terrorist can get to armory in 15 seconds(not to mention the ts that cell hop) and they gotta wait if they wanna get the gun untill 59:30... Then they just get somewhere and start wrecking cts with the auto sniper... 1 change would be if the vent would go somewhere different or if you'd make a minigame in the vent like a puzzle u gotta complete before you get in if u get in at all... It would be legit if the vent would lead to somewhere different with a like pistol and they would have a chance / path to armory or just a spot in the map they can support the team (just look at lego bunch of spots in the map where u can get a pistol and one vent cell where u can get to pool with the hiddne puzzle vent where u can hide in and get a pistol it's ok enough and can wreck cts...) they can take if they are fast enough or sneaky enough or the minigame idea...

This is incredibly hard to read

So basically vent cell is a bit op should change it to lead to other place of the map and/or make the reward a pistol or something... Could always make the vent more challenging to get into...

I think just removing the autosnipes from the armory entirely or allowing a buy menu instead would help the balance, that's all I ever get killed by on that map. Then at least the T's have to work to get an autosnipe instead of just being able to grab one in 10 seconds flat.

Edited by The Doctor Zed

Basically if someone has the brain to open the obvious vent if everyone just rushes to the vent CT ha 0% chance to win cause i leads to armory :< if u watch it it's vent camping