Sign in to follow this  
TheDentist

Sneak peak at the newest sG created map: jb_jungle_beta

So after 80-100 hours in the map making software for cs:go we are here, ready to reveal my newest and first ever custom made map, jb_jungle (jb_jungle_beta for now)!

Teaser:

8hdt4Iw.jpg

Shout outs

sG | Electronic Drug and Hurffinator - for technical help with map making bugs and functions

Beta testers - Splewis, Avery, Ivanns, Mr British, Apuchu, Dark Knight, lolcatz, Name, Waffles

The map includes:

- Aztec textures and theme

- 30 Terrorist spawns, 15 Counter-terrorist spawns,

- Sinkhole Diving (longjump), Race, Poison Vines (ladder roulette), Death Pit Roulette (4 chairs/color/squares), Aztec Maze, Jungle themed disco music, Climb, and Sniper Escape.

- Music: Guns and Roses "welcome to the jungle", Creedence "Run through the jungle", "Jungle Boogie", and "I wanna be like you" from the Jungle Book

- Two vent cells, one direct to armory, one to back of map "Adventurer's Cabin"

- Tons of foliage/environment to hide/rebel in

- Paths for control of terrorists as warden, as well as several catwalks and vantage points on different games and cell block

- Randomly spawned choice in cells of: 1 glock, 1 p250, 1 henade, 1flash and 1 smoke, or 5 decoys.

- "Adventurer's cabin" with scout (1 clip), sawed off, molotov, and glock

- Other secrets that will remain secrets

- Beautiful scenery and lighting!

See full album of screenshots (40 pics) HERE

I'm especially proud of the aesthetics of the map, I feel like a lot of jb maps are fairly dull and utilitarian (they are jails, but still). This one hopefully has some flavor.

Hoping to have Staff put it in the rotation soon and get an idea of how balanced or unbalanced it is for potential renovations or a beta_2

View from the pond in sniper escape (didn't come out in the album for some reason):

jbFqbZM.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by TheDentist

Will be the best map ever. I played it with him and it is beautiful. I have some screenshots of my own if you have me added on steam, go check them out :D or the direct link to the screenshots are here ----> http://steamcommunity.com/id/checkerstm/screenshots/

Edited by The Dλrk Knight Rises

Just played 12 rounds on it with ~5 CTS v 10 Ts, Terrorists won 8-4. Once a terorrist makes it to the foliage with a gun, GG. Sniper escape most popular game. Consensus for now is that climb and race are very difficult, but people just need to be better at CS:GO haha

We ran out of games to play after we tried them all, I think we just needed to be more creative with typical non-map games, we were focused on playing the map though. Didn't do any simon says, trivia, bloody bunny, etc.

Daileyyy cried like a bitch the whole time because there is no medic, and I refuse to put one in because its the fucking jungle. Either don't get shot by Ts or stop falling off the tall spots in the map, gg.

There weren't many instances of vent spawns due to low number of people on server. Of the 30 T spawns, 1 is vent cell to armory, 2 are vent cell to adventurer's cabin, so 10% of Ts are in a vent cell. There are spawned smoke and flash 20% of the rounds they could potentially use to sneak into one, however.

Please post any comments/critiques as you play it so I have an idea of what works and what doesn't.

inb4 Daileyyy posts asking for a medic.

Actually a medic would be beneficial. Just because it is a jungle doesn't mean there can't be a place for terrorists to heal up.

Also, 3d skybox.

Edited by Christmas

Christmas, you referring I making the tiny 16:1 skybox, right?

As for the medic, I talked about it with a couple people; it's frustrating to shoot a ct from stack for 80 damage and watch them run and heal, CTs have it so easy sometimes. Plus admins can heal all Ts when the game requires it. What's te advantage for a medic otherwise ?

Christmas, you referring I making the tiny 16:1 skybox, right?

As for the medic, I talked about it with a couple people; it's frustrating to shoot a ct from stack for 80 damage and watch them run and heal, CTs have it so easy sometimes. Plus admins can heal all Ts when the game requires it. What's te advantage for a medic otherwise ?

Point is there is times when no admins are on.

We're playing it right now btw:

- Drug got himself stuck behind race due to some type of ninja jump

- People are having trouble killing tees stuck in race

The roulette ladders kills you as soon as you touch it. Even barely. Like standing by it. Not even going up it. That needs to be fixed. A medic would be nice for t's and ct's to heal. Doubt admins will heal if you are rebelling. Edited by The Dλrk Knight Rises