Sign in to follow this  
Dead Silent

PvP Minecraft: Rules are rather soft.

Recently our group went to invade an enemy base to rescue ZachPL, and failed miserably due to current rules.

We found the mines that led to Zach and could easily get near his position, but due to the no breaking and entering rule we couldn't get to him.

Thinking he was on the other side of a wall, we went into the base proper, joyfully killing the inhabitants and making our way to him, asking him to login. Only to find out that he wasn't just behind a wall, he was inside of a wall that we aren't allowed to break down, and its filled with lava.

I don't think this constitutes as a trap, its more of a login grief. A trap is something you fall into, not something you pop into existance into.

I've played on servers before where placing blocks around a players login is griefing, or placing a sqaure of blocks around them, and then filling it with lava, is the same thing.

To have them inside that block in the first place is an issue, to not be able to destroy it is much worse.

Is there going to be any change to the rules for pillaging bases, so that things like this might not happen in the future?

Also we had logins and logouts in that base while we were there, is there going to be a logoff timer? I'm sure if we killed them, that would be more loot but it wasn't an option without a logoff timer.

Also there was an Ender Chest, which is pretty much so against the whole PvP aspect of the game. How can I pillage if I can't get the loot? Can't destroy the chest because thats griefing.

Server just came up, and so far its been pretty fun. I'm just curious if there is going to be any refinement to the rules.

I agree rules are soft and can be easily exploited. sorry you guys got the shit end of the stick.

But all I wanted was to kill Zach... that was my quest since day 1.

Edited by Eddy!

no seriously- pls remove this entire groups ability to make complaints they are retarded

you guys want rules changed so you cant combat log in your own house- but you also want rules changed to protect people who do this in someone elses base

i aint a psychologist but thats some pretty serious butthurt if i've ever seen it

Recently our group went to invade an enemy base to rescue ZachPL, and failed miserably due to current rules.

We found the mines that led to Zach and could easily get near his position, but due to the no breaking and entering rule we couldn't get to him.

Thinking he was on the other side of a wall, we went into the base proper, joyfully killing the inhabitants and making our way to him, asking him to login. Only to find out that he wasn't just behind a wall, he was inside of a wall that we aren't allowed to break down, and its filled with lava.

You could have broken down the trap. They were saying it was part of their base, but realistically it was a trap. Traps would be way too OP to not be able to break.

I don't think this constitutes as a trap, its more of a login grief. A trap is something you fall into, not something you pop into existance into.

I've played on servers before where placing blocks around a players login is griefing, or placing a sqaure of blocks around them, and then filling it with lava, is the same thing.

Lol, during a PvP fight someone logs out? It's a trap. Some random? It's a login grief. I'll be installing a plugin that will make logging out during PvP severely unattractive, and make these types of traps only griefing.

Also we had logins and logouts in that base while we were there, is there going to be a logoff timer? I'm sure if we killed them, that would be more loot but it wasn't an option without a logoff timer.

We will see how the dynamic is with the new plugin?

Also there was an Ender Chest, which is pretty much so against the whole PvP aspect of the game. How can I pillage if I can't get the loot? Can't destroy the chest because thats griefing.

Yeah, I'm not too sure how to handle this yet, but you are now allowed to destroy them, so unless they have tools on hand to make another, it'll at least take them awhile to get those back.

Server just came up, and so far its been pretty fun. I'm just curious if there is going to be any refinement to the rules.

Absolutely. Keep giving input.

You could have broken down the trap. They were saying it was part of their base, but realistically it was a trap. Traps would be way too OP to not be able to break.

Lol, during a PvP fight someone logs out? It's a trap. Some random? It's a login grief. I'll be installing a plugin that will make logging out during PvP severely unattractive, and make these types of traps only griefing.

Yeah, I'm not too sure how to handle this yet, but you are now allowed to destroy them, so unless they have tools on hand to make another, it'll at least take them awhile to get those back.

I used to play on a great PvP server that had implemented factions. It was a plugin where you could make a faction, name it, and invite players to it as you pleased. The more players you got, the more "power" your faction gained as a maximum

Ex: 10 people in a faction you had 100/100 power at first.

You could claim land within your faction and such land could not be destroyed or looted. It would claim land all the way down to bedrock and all the way into the sky and blocks could also not be placed on such land.

The amount of land you have has to be lower than the amount of power you have. Say you had 50/50 land and the amount of power from above.

Every time one person in a faction dies they lose some individual power.

Ex: One of the 10 people had 10/10 power.

They die enough and they can get up to -10/10 power.

Say a raid happens on this faction's base and a lot of them die rendering them to have 20/100 power and they still had the 50/50 land. Once power is lower than land, another faction can claim it and destroy it as you please. I think this would be great for the server as it offered protection but at a risk.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I don't know the name of the plugin and that you regenerate individual power over time. Also, how much individual power you have affects your faction,

Ex: 2 people in faction = 20/20 power.

1 person loses 5 power by dying power = 15/20

Edited by SpecialBrownies

Zach went in to loot, Zach was caught, and overwhelmed, and instead of taking his death as a true warrior deserving of spending eterntity Valhalla with his comrades in arms...

He D/C'ed, therefore not spawn griefing.

This is my opinion, I am a 3rd party, I did not take part in the fight, I simply heard the chain of events from both sides during the battle.

Zach went in to loot, Zach was caught, and overwhelmed, and instead of taking his death as a true warrior deserving of spending eterntity Valhalla with his comrades in arms...

This is my opinion, I am a 3rd party, I did not take part in the fight, I simply heard the chain of events from both sides during the battle.

Zach actually saw them, they saw him, he wasn't getting hit at all and he ran and hid and logged.

Zach actually saw them, they saw him, he wasn't getting hit at all and he ran and hid and logged.

then why was he in their house?

He wasn't, he was in the mine tunnel that was next to their house but then when they saw Zach log they decided to increase their wall all the way to where zach was and make it there house when originally it wasn't

He wasn't, he was in the mine tunnel that was next to their house but then when they saw Zach log they decided to increase their wall all the way to where zach was and make it there house when originally it wasn't

ah well, just trying to give an unbiased opinion of someone who was not involved

Edited by jbandito

I used to play on a great PvP server that had implemented factions. It was a plugin where you could make a faction, name it, and invite players to it as you pleased. The more players you got, the more "power" your faction gained as a maximum

Ex: 10 people in a faction you had 100/100 power at first.

You could claim land within your faction and such land could not be destroyed or looted. It would claim land all the way down to bedrock and all the way into the sky and blocks could also not be placed on such land.

The amount of land you have has to be lower than the amount of power you have. Say you had 50/50 land and the amount of power from above.

Every time one person in a faction dies they lose some individual power.

Ex: One of the 10 people had 10/10 power.

They die enough and they can get up to -10/10 power.

Say a raid happens on this faction's base and a lot of them die rendering them to have 20/100 power and they still had the 50/50 land. Once power is lower than land, another faction can claim it and destroy it as you please. I think this would be great for the server as it offered protection but at a risk.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I don't know the name of the plugin and that you regenerate individual power over time. Also, how much individual power you have affects your faction,

Ex: 2 people in faction = 20/20 power.

1 person loses 5 power by dying power = 15/20

no

I don't think that we should have the no griefing rule, this is not a build server. Griefing is allowed on every PVP server that I have played on.

Also, I think ender chests are a bit unfair.

Also, I think ender chests are a bit unfair.

Ender chests are completely fair. If you can manage to get the resources for it I see no problem in having it.

It's easy as fuck to get the resources for it, there really isn't that many things in minecraft that are hard to get. Having a chest that no one else can access goes completely against pvp.

After last night i'm pretty much done with pvp in minecraft. Server is great people are iffy, horrible flash backs of Gmod RP last night.

Sign in to follow this