Sign in to follow this  
Mitch

what a difference 8 years makes

Religious institutions have done deplorable things in the past, but to judge all people who associate with a religion as being party to the crime is a wild generalization. Most people who associate with a particular religion do so for the sake of inclusion and community. There's nothing more human than that.

Religious institutions have done deplorable things in the past, but to judge all people who associate with a religion as being party to the crime is a wild generalization. Most people who associate with a particular religion do so for the sake of inclusion and community. There's nothing more human than that.

what ever happened to WWJD?

would he be down with all this sexual abuse and how hard the people "CHOSEN BY GOD" work to cover up their homeboys?

christfags have no excuse for this

Guest Fohacidal

what ever happened to WWJD?

would he be down with all this sexual abuse and how hard the people "CHOSEN BY GOD" work to cover up their homeboys?

christfags have no excuse for this

Holy shit shutup, its getting about as bad as r/atheism in here now. YEAH WELL SOME PEOPLE IN YOUR CHURCH DO BAD THINGS NOW REVEL IN MY ATHEISTIC MAGNIFICENCE AS I BEGIN TO CALL YOU A CHRISTFAG AND POST AS CARL SAGAN ON AN INTERNET FORUM

Fucking cool story bro

foh im sorry certain coolguys have been ruined for you but maybe you should stop going on shitty websites and gettin mad all the time

its always the same- its only some priests drop the subject :x

its 2013 we could put cameras everywhere but you wont see the new pope pulling anything like that- which is why this shit is such a joke

Guest Fohacidal

foh im sorry certain coolguys have been ruined for you but maybe you should stop going on shitty websites and gettin mad all the time

its 2013 we could put cameras everywhere but you wont see the new pope pulling anything like that- which is why this shit is such a joke

Ok bro, you sound just like every other "coming of age" over privileged 16 year old who just took a weeks worth of european history classes and has decided they know fucking everything about the world. Im starting to believe you picked that name because you actually idolize the guy, its like the retards in reddit who masturbate to neil degrasse tyson and bill nye nonstop

I don't believe in religion myself, but I respect those who do. If people came to my house and wanted to pray before eating I'd bow my head and act like I'm praying with them. In the end it's not about who believes in what, it's about if you have enough decency to respect another's decision. To go into a post someone made or to flame someone for their beliefs shows how pathetic you truly are.

MaYo, from my expierience I can tell you that some people don't give a fuck about the complicated part of a religion, they just want to have something to believe in. I am saying this from my point of view. I am something around an agnostic Christian which means I don't really go to church and such, but I do believe in God and don't deny other beliefs.

dat 1 phone in 2005...

There's a couple but they more like flip phones

Yeah, cuz flip phones aren't phones.

It's amazing how many idiots flock to the Vatican. Man, organized religion gets me fired up.

dat 1 phone in 2005...

It's amazing how many idiots flock to the Vatican. Man, organized religion gets me fired up.

Why?

it's fucking stupid

People with money should be able to do what they want and believe whatever they want to believe in.

It's not fucking stupid if it's something that helps you get by in everyday life imho. You can argue that believing in religion is like believing in something that doesn't exist, but hey if believing in in something that doesn't exist helps you get by everyday in life and you'd be worse without it - then more power to you.

dat 1 phone in 2005...

How in the hell does it affect you? Ignore it if you don't like it.

Both QFT.

I think smoking cigarettes is ridiculously stupid and unhealthy, but I don't get fired up whenever I see someone smoking a cigarette. It doesn't really effect me so I just move along.

It does affect you though.

dat 1 phone in 2005...

Organized religion is absolute garbage; its divides nations, oppresses freedoms, and has been the cause for mass genocide. And that's something that cannot be ignored.

If you don't know the history of 'religion' they were to first used as means to explain how the world functioned. It spread> it refined> it changed from region to region> more religions were born> ...you know the rest. Throughout the generations this knowledge of religion has been passed through generations, but it's only within the last thousand years we've gained a better understanding of the world through means such as science and critical thinking. But where we have made advances in understanding how the world works and operates, religion has lagged big time. Why is this? Power, i.e.monetary, land etc; -Religion has been capitalized on since ancient times through the likes of preisthoods and churches. Religion is heavily ingrained within our civilization.

It also affects me visually/auditorily; media, symbols, buildings, campaigners, etc;.

I believe in this day and age, with the information presented forward, it's illogical to believe in anything to do with an organized religion. That being said, I do promote positive aspects of religion, such as rights/freedoms. But to be associated with any religion just does not make sense to me.

And to be frank, I don't need men in robes preaching to me or fairy tales to get me through the day.

Right, right, right. I get what you're saying, but give me an example of how this has significantly affected you, other than making you mad :)

How has religion significantly impacted or affected me? Well, lets revisit your initial statement of "Ignore it if you don't like it.". That is even more ignorant than if I were to ignore the 'religion' problem in the first place. Allow me to elaborate and clarify: Your wanting me to ignore the fact that some people choose to believe in an irrational way of life/thinking is completely contradictory to my own. This is because I am a man who practices the use of logic and reasoning. I cannot sit idly by and watch people essentially dissmiss truth. In this respect, I am directly affected by anyone whom I come in contact with who is religious.

In my life I have been fortunate enough to live in a country that doesn't oppress its people, discriminate, or force/practice any one particular religion. But had I been born in another country/time, the likelyhood that I'd be more affected is significantly greater.

Also, if you cannot deduce any reasons from my previous post, I'm afriad you're wasting your own time, friendo. However, I will restate that religion is everywhere, and to not be somewhat affected or influenced by it, you must be living in an isolated environment of some sort.

Guest Fohacidal

dat 1 phone in 2005...

Organized religion is absolute garbage; its divides nations, oppresses freedoms, and has been the cause for mass genocide. And that's something that cannot be ignored.

If you don't know the history of 'religion' they were to first used as means to explain how the world functioned. It spread> it refined> it changed from region to region> more religions were born> ...you know the rest. Throughout the generations this knowledge of religion has been passed through generations, but it's only within the last thousand years we've gained a better understanding of the world through means such as science and critical thinking. But where we have made advances in understanding how the world works and operates, religion has lagged big time. Why is this? Power, i.e.monetary, land etc; -Religion has been capitalized on since ancient times through the likes of preisthoods and churches. Religion is heavily ingrained within our civilization.

It also affects me visually/auditorily; media, symbols, buildings, campaigners, etc;.

I believe in this day and age, with the information presented forward, it's illogical to believe in anything to do with an organized religion. That being said, I do promote positive aspects of religion, such as rights/freedoms. But to be associated with any religion just does not make sense to me.

And to be frank, I don't need men in robes preaching to me or fairy tales to get me through the day.

Right, right, right. I get what you're saying, but give me an example of how this has significantly affected you, other than making you mad :)

How has religion significantly impacted or affected me? Well, lets revisit your initial statement of "Ignore it if you don't like it.". That is even more ignorant than if I were to ignore the 'religion' problem in the first place. Allow me to elaborate and clarify: Your wanting me to ignore the fact that some people choose to believe in an irrational way of life/thinking is completely contradictory to my own. This is because I am a man who practices the use of logic and reasoning. I cannot sit idly by and watch people essentially dissmiss truth. In this respect, I am directly affected by anyone whom I come in contact with who is religious.

In my life I have been fortunate enough to live in a country that doesn't oppress its people, discriminate, or force/practice any one particular religion. But had I been born in another country/time, the likelyhood that I'd be more affected is significantly greater.

Also, if you cannot deduce any reasons from my previous post, I'm afriad you're wasting your own time, friendo. However, I will restate that religion is everywhere, and to not be somewhat affected or influenced by it, you must be living in an isolated environment of some sort.

Kinda remind me of those aggressive vegetarians who pester the fuck out of anybody that eats any kind of meat, some of them feel like its their burden to educate the world on their superior lifestyle because the consumption of meat affects them so.

Ok bro, you sound just like every other "coming of age" over privileged 16 year old who just took a weeks worth of european history classes and has decided they know fucking everything about the world. Im starting to believe you picked that name because you actually idolize the guy, its like the retards in reddit who masturbate to neil degrasse tyson and bill nye nonstop

where is all of this reddit shit coming from; its obvious your projecting this buttmad from somewhere but i cant tell if its from the actual topic or if your just a self-loathing redditfag who cant function without bitching about how your favourite website ruined the internet

I cannot sit idly by and watch people essentially dissmiss truth.

Yes you can, you just choose not to.

this quote is religion in a nutshell :\

I like all the generalizations some atheists like to use against Christians

"ALL CHRISTIANS ARE PEDOPHILES BECAUSE THE POPE HAD A SCANDAL"

"ALL CHRISTIANS ARE IDIOTS BECAUSE THEY ALL HATE SCIENCE! AND GAYS!"

"ALL CHRISTIANS ARE DELUSIONAL. YOU CANNOT HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH ONE, BECAUSE THEY ARE BRAINWASHED"

come on. i'm a christian yet i still believe evolution exists. why do you guys always think we're so concrete and ignorant?

Edited by Siesan

I like all the generalizations atheists like to use against Christians

"ALL CHRISTIANS ARE DELUSIONAL. YOU CANNOT HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH ONE, BECAUSE THEY ARE BRAINWASHED"

come on. i'm a christian yet i still believe evolution exists. why do you guys always think we're so concrete and ignorant?

and yet you assume all atheists think like that...

I like all the generalizations atheists like to use against Christians

and yet you assume all atheists think like that...

typo fixed

-edit-

what was the thread even originally about? something about 8 years?

Edited by Siesan

Kinda remind me of those aggressive vegetarians who pester the fuck out of anybody that eats any kind of meat, some of them feel like its their burden to educate the world on their superior lifestyle because the consumption of meat affects them so.

I only express my views when appropriate or asked.

I used the word "cannot" in a colloquial sense, madame, forgive me.

why do you guys always think we're so concrete and ignorant?

Refer to my post with the orange text.

Edited by Sir. Hot Mayo

why do you guys always think we're so concrete and ignorant?

Refer to my post with the orange text.

hey fair enough. i understand alot of religious people like to try and forget about that kind of thing. it's also why people don't really like Germans, because they started 2 mass wars.

Guest Fohacidal

where is all of this reddit shit coming from; its obvious your projecting this buttmad from somewhere but i cant tell if its from the actual topic or if your just a self-loathing redditfag who cant function without bitching about how your favourite website ruined the internet

this quote is religion in a nutshell :\

Nice deflection queerbait. Go suck some more of that hypocritical enlightened logic+science power combined cock

Are you fucking kidding me...

Anyways, Foh, just because someone is saying their opinion about atheism doesn't mean that they are being all hurr durr reddit. I think that people just assume that atheists think they are better than everyone else since the popularity of the atheism subreddit, which is totally not the case. As an atheist, I find myself not having many places to talk about it, and the internet happens to be a good place for it. Most of the fervor in someones argument on the internet about atheism is mimicked in the way people talk about Christianity, it is just more acceptable to talk about in person in our current culture. I honestly don't really care what people believe as long as it isn't hurting people outside of their faith, or influencing a large group of people outside of their faith.

Edited by Deadpool

Are you fucking kidding me...

Anyways, Foh, just because someone is saying their opinion about atheism doesn't mean that they are being all hurr durr reddit. I think that people just assume that atheists think they are better than everyone else since the popularity of the atheism subreddit, which is totally not the case. As an atheist, I find myself not having many places to talk about it, and the internet happens to be a good place for it. Most of the fervor in someones argument on the internet about atheism is mimicked in the way people talk about Christianity, it is just more acceptable to talk about in person in our current culture. I honestly don't really care what people believe as long as it isn't hurting people outside of their faith, or influencing a large group of people outside of their faith.

i agree really. some atheists like the reddit ones spend more time bashing on religion rather than discussing atheism and some of the ideas supported by it (like existentialism). the internet, however, isn't a good place to discuss religion because they devolve really quickly into shitfests on MOST forums and chats.

Guest Fohacidal

darkages.gif

Feels appropriate at this point..

Its also a completely silly graph, there are better ways of illustrating the point it is trying to put across

darkages.gif

Feels appropriate at this point..

Its also a completely silly graph, there are better ways of illustrating the point it is trying to put across

like all-caps mockery, straw men, and flaming