Sign in to follow this  
waffles

We aren't the only targets.

I know the DDoS attacks have hurt our servers recently, but it looks like we are not the only targets. Here is a message posted on the SCA steam page. SCA is a clan with several custom community casual servers like ourselves

Founder's Message

MARCH 12TH, 2013 -

ىĆĄ¹ « ๖ۣۜHOSTILITY

From the past two days we have been targeted by denial-of-service attacks from our gameservers to web hosting. Our game host XenonServers.com has been extremely helpful in time of needs. I asked our community to be patient and support us, as we wait for these attacks to stop.

We will continue to provide you a place to game on.

Yours respectfully,

Hostility

It could be a coincidence, but it seems apparent to me a competing clan/community has to be the root of the trouble.

Edited by waffles.

I know the DDoS attacks have hurt our servers recently, but it looks like we are not the only targets. Here is a message posted on the SCA steam page. SCA is a clan with several custom community casual servers like ourselves

Founder's Message

MARCH 12TH, 2013 - ىĆĄ¹ « ๖ۣۜHOSTILITY

From the past two days we have been targeted by denial-of-service attacks from our gameservers to web hosting. Our game host XenonServers.com has been extremely helpful in time of needs. I asked our community to be patient and support us, as we wait for these attacks to stop.

We will continue to provide you a place to game on.

Yours respectfully,

Hostility

It could be a coincidence, but it seems apparent to me a competing clan/community has to be the root of the trouble.

There's also a chance the attacks could be completely unrelated and unconnected whatsoever. There are over half a dozen communities out there right now that I know of that are being attacked in one way or another and are unable to keep their servers up like us.

For what it matters, we're being attacked by a group who just hates us, our servers can't stay up for longer than 5 minutes the moment we get more then 25/30 people in the server. We're actively trying to find out what we can do to prevent this from happening, unfortunately this is anything but an easy fix and we hope you guys will bear with us.

Somebody might be a tad paranoid when it comes to online gaming communities... it's not like we're gangs...

Speaking of which, hey, Xlite we still robbing that bank over on 22nd?

Somebody might be a tad paranoid when it comes to online gaming communities... it's not like we're gangs...

Speaking of which, hey, Xlite we still robbing that bank over on 22nd?

uhhh.... Sure?