Sign in to follow this  
Deadpool

Server Population... Seriously

@ reaper

i doubt there will ever be 2 TTT servers. no one wants to split up the population. hence why we've never done 2 JB servers, 2 ZM servers, etc. the only exception has been WCS and that was because there was 2 different engineers for it and a different population on each server.

just remember your opinions don't matter. a direct quote from staff:

"they help support our community financially because that's what we ultimately need, beyond everything else."

lol. so us needing money to support the server because we don't want to pay for the server out of pocket means we won't ever listen to opinions?

you're a hardheaded motherfucker.

JB and ZM would never need two servers. None are really that difficult to handle. On JB its cts telling t's what to do. T's can't mass rdm people and if a ct does they get fuckin powned. ZE would never need two servers because it's impossible to fuck anything up with a shit ton of people. It's ct's running from zombies, how is that difficult? Never played WCS just knew it had 2 servers and did pretty well.

TTT is a whole new game mode that has 3 different groups of people able to fuck up the server either buy killing the fellow t's or killing everyone in sight. A larger population turns the server into a giant death match which, if able to get every complaint, involves banning probably the extra 14 players that have been added. If our single ttt server at 28 slots gets filled up quickly with people waiting to jump in when someone leaves, a second ttt server seems like a good idea. Then those people waiting can jump into the second server and fill that one up to. Our current SO's and good paymins could easily monitor two ttt servers. Zach says centran still helps modify the server. if true then have zach manage one and centran the other.

From that you have the two eng's plus enough SO's and players to support two servers. I'm not jumping at this topic without thinking it through. Is it possible a second server wouldn't do as well as the first? yes it's possible, but from what happens now it would seem that two servers would do pretty well and we won't know for sure unless we gave it a try for even just a month as a test drive.

I'm totally in support for this, and offer myself as tribute to the other server.

It's a good idea, but the people I really enjoy playing with are the admins. Splitting everyone up, in my opinion, will tear a rift in the energy and flow of the server (however sporadic that flow or energy is). Opinions? Comments?

I agree. Splitting the server would not really work unless we did something similar to wcs2 and do something different with the second TTT server. Maybe we could have locational voice on one server or have different traitor weapons or something. Like one server would be more based around fun/weird gameplay with less strict rules, and the other server could be more serious.

Everyone would just try to get into the first server. The second server wouldn't get over 18 people seeing as the current limit of 42 isn't reached very often. The second server would most likely be dead or have a very low population in it most of the time.

It's because people get frustrated and quit because they know it's impossible to have fun with 42 people.

Everyone would just try to get into the first server. The second server wouldn't get over 18 people seeing as the current limit of 42 isn't reached very often. The second server would most likely be dead or have a very low population in it most of the time.

Then what's the point of having a second server if it just sits there empty most of the time?

Then what's the point of having a second server if it just sits there empty most of the time?

That's the point >n<

We don't have two servers. If we did, that's what would happen.