Sign in to follow this  
Lv. 100 Garchomp

Locational Voice

We just had a server vote to do locational voice. It was actually cool and made it extremely more fun. There was a couple of bugs like traitor chat still being local, but here's my suggestion to that: I vote instead of all talk we use locational voice on the server. The T chat should still be heard by all Ts. Added to that, the Detective should be able to talk to everyone, including Ts with shift. I think this works a lot better than what we currently have. We would have to increase the range slightly, but it would work. This would also serve as a reason to get rid of mic drain, because now the whole server isn't cluttered with chat. Slight tweaks can be made, but I think this would be much better.

It's a nice thought, but I think being able to communicate with everyone is better then a selective area, It also makes admins jobs a whole lot easier. It'd be nice, but I don't think It will work, I think locational voice will only work for role play and other game modes similar to that. I'm not sure though, It might happen :P. Interested to see what other have to say.

Locational when we did it was fucking great. I would rather only be able to hear the few people around me, than hear everyone talking over each other, 6 at a time.

I say when the server is over 28, have the locational kick in. When there aren't many people on, people can actually understand each other.

Honestly the 40 player limit is ridiculous. This game was designed for like 18 people, and I even think 30 is too much. If the limit was dropped to 25 I think that everyone would have a better time. In an ideal server, there would be no voice drain.

In any case, voice localization wouldn't fix the problem.

Locational when we did it was fucking great. I would rather only be able to hear the few people around me, than hear everyone talking over each other, 6 at a time.

I say when the server is over 28, have the locational kick in. When there aren't many people on, people can actually understand each other.

Honestly if there was localization I probably wouldn't play on the server. I play TTT for the people not for the game, and if I wasn't able to talk to everyone I would probably leave the server.

I'm being honest here, voice drain was such a bad thing to impliment because it feels like it ruined a part of the social aspect of TTT. Not to mention you have to pay to not be subjected to it.

I'm being honest here, voice drain was such a bad thing to impliment because it feels like it ruined a part of the social aspect of TTT. Not to mention you have to pay to not be subjected to it.

jew-rub-hands.gif

How about we just leave the chat how it is. Not sure how the localized voice chat works, but if an SO is on we could always just have them start a vote if someone wants to switch it on for a few rounds. Not sure if SO's can change that, or if it's more complicated than that though, however it sounds like it was something simple. I like the idea, but I do mostly go onto TTT for the people.

How about we just leave the chat how it is. Not sure how the localized voice chat works, but if an SO is on we could always just have them start a vote if someone wants to switch it on for a few rounds. Not sure if SO's can change that, or if it's more complicated than that though, however it sounds like it was something simple. I like the idea, but I do mostly go onto TTT for the people.

Localized voice chat is you can only hear people close to you.

Localized voice chat is you can only hear people close to you.

I know what it is, I meant I don't know if it's hard to turn it on or off. Does it have to do with coding, or is there something in ULX or the SO shit that they can just flip it on and off.

it's just a server side setting, super easy to turn on and off. problem is it would ruin the balance of the game, making it extremely easy for the traitors. if the innocents can't communicate they just lost their only edge on the traitors

it's just a server side setting, super easy to turn on and off. problem is it would ruin the balance of the game, making it extremely easy for the traitors. if the innocents can't communicate they just lost their only edge on the traitors

This:

Imagine your on crumycradle and you see some guy shoot another guy down on the ground from up high. you begin to ask why he killed the other guy even though he can't hear you. instead you would just shoot him, and someone from the other side of the map would see you sniping, and that guy would shoot you.

When we did the localization we were on Resident Evil, which is a fairly small map and I could hear people about halfway across the map. Just goes to show how shit the range is for localization.