Sign in to follow this  
Mitch

Tournament to Watch for

http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/IEM_Season_VII_-_World_Championship

IEM Cebit this week, NA can't go because majority of the teams are in LCS. NA LCS is more predictable then this, and it's usually the international tournaments (or the ones that involve EU/Asia) that have weird metas that work.

My predictions -

Group A-

1 GG, overall strong showing internationally. As long as they are able to play their game, they can win. If they get forced out of their comfort zone, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped 2 or 3 in group stage, which I know any team in this group is capable of doing.

2 Fnatic, come in a close second. They can beat GG if they can force them out of their comfort zone, which they have the potential of doing. Fnatic is one of the internationally strongest teams out there right now - we'll see how they live up to the title this week.

3 CJ Entus Blaze, strong team but Europe definitely is stronger. If the EU LCS isn't a sign of anything, Cpt Jack has some tough competition in the bot lane. Flame in the top lane also hasn't proved himself internationally and this will be his debut, we'll see how he does. Blaze is a phenomenolly strong team and have consistent showings, but I feel like GG and Fnatic are well prepared to not make a repeat of the S2 Season Finals.

4 Millenium, strong team but since Haydal left they've been lacking. Not sure if they are up to take the spots to advance from Fnatic/GG or CJ Entus

5 paiN, paiN beat Incredible Miracle at IEM San Paulo w/ Mordekaiser. Enough said.

6 IM, did pretty poorly in the Korean Regionals and struggled with games against mid tier teams @ IEM San Paulo. Not expecting much from them, still a solid team but I feel like others are better, especially in this group.

Group B -

1 Evil Geniuses, pretty solid team, bootcamping it up after doing badly at the LCS Superweek in Europe. If they can stick to their solid playing style I have no doubts of them beating Frost. Only other two concerns would be with SK and SKT1, yellowpete and Krepo need to hold their lane and yellowpete needs more later game presence, wickd also needs to not get shut down by reapered, which was a problem when they faced before. MYM is also a formidable opponent, but EG probably will end up topping them.

2 CJ Entus Frost, probably one of the most solid lanes in this group. Overall they'll do well as long as Shy and RapidStar get fed enough to carry the game, CloudTemplar doesn't lose his jungle (he has in the past few games he's played) and become irrelevant mid/late game and that Woong doesn't do retarded shit which he's known to been doing. As long as CloudTemplar can do his thing, Shy and RapidStar (and Madlife) will carry them to victory. I have high hopes that they lose to EG however, #yolo.

3 SK Gaming, another strong team, haven't seen them really much against asians but considering how they played the first four weeks of the LCS, as long as they know what they are doing at champ select and don't throw they should be fine. They usually start having trouble after the 35 minute mark of games so hopefully they can wrap it up before then.

4 SK Telecom T1, have been performing pretty poorly if the MLG Korean Qualifers last week is any sign of judgement or the GIGABYTE Chinese Event. They had a strong season fall and early winter, but have yet scraped any good wins at major competitions or leagues. They are still a well skilled team, but not strong enough to land in the top 3.

5 MeetYourMakers, solid team overall, but have been kind of MIA in the competitive scene after failing to qualify for the EU LCS. We'll see how they perform once they come here. They had a strong showing against IEM San Paulo and will be able to give teams a run for their money but I feel like other teams can beat them.

6 Anexis eSports, poor showing at IEM San Paulo, great team overall but they just get outshined by other teams in the group

#drunk #yoloswag #boredasfuckat6am

what are your predictions?

1) Fnatic

2) EG

3) CJ Entus Frost

4) Gambit Gaming

5) SK Gaming

6) CJ Entus Blaze

SK or MYM vs Fnatic in the finals

I'm pretty sure Fnatic will grab that $50k

highly doubt MYM would be able to make it to the finals. It's possible SK could, but it's far fetched b/c of the likes of CJ Entus, SK Telecom, EG and GG there.

Fnatic has a good chance, but there's a lot of competition in the pool.

Can't see the finals being anyone other than Fnatic vs GG (Assuming that more than one team advances from groupstage). Wish I could say EG will win but I'm just not confident with their recent performance, though I'd love to be proved wrong.

SK or MYM vs Fnatic in the finals

I'm pretty sure Fnatic will grab that $50k

highly doubt MYM would be able to make it to the finals. It's possible SK could, but it's far fetched b/c of the likes of CJ Entus, SK Telecom, EG and GG there.

Fnatic has a good chance, but there's a lot of competition in the pool.

I know, it's more of a I hope MYM get into the finals.. :D I've seen crazier shit happen

GG

group A

gambit 5 - 0

cj entus blaze 4 - 1

millenium 2 - 3

incredible miracle 2 - 3

fnatic 1 - 4

paiN 1 - 4

GGGGGGGGGGGGG

I'm rooting for MYM and SK Gaming now! :)

(and EG/CJ Entus as well).